Snocross: 2021 Round 15/16 Amsoil Snocross National, Eagle River, WI 3/26-28

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

I couldn't help but share this because of the "double take" it caused me (as in, holy shit ... Hibbert raced again?? LOL)  Only took a split second to see that BEAUTIFUL Polaris sticker on the side :stirthepot:

image.thumb.png.9eccef9f5d69a15e09d501338b6021d7.png

the type of track they were on at E.R. was suited to their riding styles in Europe, and Norum has been getting better and better each year, the kid has tons of talent.  if you watch enough of this you'd realize the European riders are eclipsing the north american racers for the past few years, I can see it in the way they attack the track and time their big jumps compared to keeping the their tracks on the ground to accelerate while others are focusing on more air more often which doesn't make you faster.  Bender and Hentjes had their Polaris dialed in all weekend and have for most of the season.  the lack of grooming a talent pool for the future and not equaling or bettering the competitions sleds from the green team after TH#68 retired is apparent and there are a f'load of talented racers on the yellow and red teams.  before, during and after the Pro-Final I was chatting with Cody from the Makita team, super nice guy that was confident in their machine, but far more confident about his racer and what his goal was who took 3rd coming from mid-pack after the start.

if you haven't been to a Pro-SX race in a while, I highly suggest turning off the brand blinders, going and getting in touch with our resident tour guide before you do.  these kids are tough, going big and getting after it.  ;)       

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2021 at 12:23 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

"well boys, that was a fucking race"

the back section of the track was eating people alive.  the big Theo Poirier crash happened right in front of us, he's ok but he took a hell of a hit.  Pro-Lite and Pro finals provided fantastic racing, as did the womens class.  Ishoel is a madman, but we saw him on the first lap coming out of turn 2 with his right ski dangling outside of the track and he just kept railing it with the throttle pinned to the bar and that outside line bit him twice on the front straight.  kid really is something else, he was killing it on the back section of the track  - tripling everything.   it was fun to see a lot of the inner workings that go on behind the curtain, thanks for the laughs and the VIP treatment @fortune46x  :bc:

now, I'm off to bed.  long day.

Always glad to show you around , thanks for stopping by and for the beverage! 

17 hours ago, Bontz said:

I couldn't help but share this because of the "double take" it caused me (as in, holy shit ... Hibbert raced again?? LOL)  Only took a split second to see that BEAUTIFUL Polaris sticker on the side :stirthepot:

image.thumb.png.9eccef9f5d69a15e09d501338b6021d7.png

Hands down the best racing this year has been in pro lite , Travis Kern is a man on a mission and the battles have been awesome between skidoo and Polaris - the FI has been good for them but there are some honest opinions that have come out about it and not being happy with it and the powers that be don't acknowledge it or listen to the guys wrenching on them. 

Polaris also squashed Kenny mandryks post about his sled issue that resulted in a broken sternum - they even posted the sleds data proving it wasn't Kennys issue and they made him take it down. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Polaris also squashed Kenny mandryks post about his sled issue that resulted in a broken sternum - they even posted the sleds data proving it wasn't Kennys issue and they made him take it down. 

What was the deal with that?  Was he the one who crashed coming over the finish line?  It looked like someone lawn darted it but they never really showed it on the live stream. 

They pretty much avoid showing any crashes that aren't someone tipping the sled over in a corner.  It doesn't give people a good sense of how good these racers actually are and how little margin for error they have.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

What was the deal with that?  Was he the one who crashed coming over the finish line?  It looked like someone lawn darted it but they never really showed it on the live stream. 

They pretty much avoid showing any crashes that aren't someone tipping the sled over in a corner.  It doesn't give people a good sense of how good these racers actually are and how little margin for error they have.

Censorship of anything perceived as "scary" has reached all corners now.  I've been going to local beer league puck games here and YUP...still fights and aggressive plays.  Shit that the NHL cuts out or bans players from all together.  

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Always glad to show you around , thanks for stopping by and for the beverage! 

Hands down the best racing this year has been in pro lite , Travis Kern is a man on a mission and the battles have been awesome between skidoo and Polaris - the FI has been good for them but there are some honest opinions that have come out about it and not being happy with it and the powers that be don't acknowledge it or listen to the guys wrenching on them. 

next time, I'll backpack in something a bit more premium, local and a bigger quantity.  :thumbsup:

Polaris's sleds and f.i. sure seem to be working a lot better than Cat's has from what I've seen but going back it's my opinion Doo & Poo have by far the most talented pool of racers right now which is why they are both pistol whipping the green goblins.  

I don't remember Kenny's crash for some reason.  was it when we were fixing the foam peak marker and you were trying to avoid being ran over?  :lol:  being at the track and moving around most of the time I was there I saw riders eating shit all over the place, even in places I can't figure out how they f'ed up so bad.  right when I got there a sport rider was coming in hot into the outside of turn 1 - alone, his track packed, he hit another whoop and it cartwheeled him off over the berm.  this said, I give those kids a lot of credit because I no longer have the stones to even attempt that type of course let alone try to make time doing it.

for those following along, if you can and there's an ISOC race in your area, make a point of going at least for one day to get a scope of the talent these folks have.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

see below

23 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Censorship of anything perceived as "scary" has reached all corners now.  I've been going to local beer league puck games here and YUP...still fights and aggressive plays.  Shit that the NHL cuts out or bans players from all together.  

The reason for the censorship is in the event of a death or critical injury out of respect for those involved and their families, The Crashes are "great" for ratings but if something went horribly wrong no one wants to see a death or otherwise. The unfortunate part of my position is in the event of a death I am to impound the sled and make sure no one touches it until the sheriff comes , the race directors are to block off the scene so they can handle it. I can tell you just from the injuries alone (like Kaden woodies face being cut in deadwood two years ago and he was peeling the skin back from his skull from it while in shock) Thats not something anyone wants to see and it re-visits you when you think about the events. 

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

next time, I'll backpack in something a bit more premium, local and a bigger quantity.  :thumbsup:

Polaris's sleds and f.i. sure seem to be working a lot better than Cat's has from what I've seen but going back it's my opinion Doo & Poo have by far the most talented pool of racers right now which is why they are both pistol whipping the green goblins.  

I don't remember Kenny's crash for some reason.  was it when we were fixing the foam peak marker and you were trying to avoid being ran over?  :lol:  being at the track and moving around most of the time I was there I saw riders eating shit all over the place, even in places I can't figure out how they f'ed up so bad.  right when I got there a sport rider was coming in hot into the outside of turn 1 - alone, his track packed, he hit another whoop and it cartwheeled him off over the berm.  this said, I give those kids a lot of credit because I no longer have the stones to even attempt that type of course let alone try to make time doing it.

for those following along, if you can and there's an ISOC race in your area, make a point of going at least for one day to get a scope of the talent these folks have.

It was friday he was hurt - the sled shut off in mid air - you can see on the data that he went WOT (the recorder still records sensors since its on an aux power source) but the engine rpms were at 0. They rolled the sled over and his mechanic pulled it once and it fired right up. 

Its hard to see on the sidelines/live stream how rough the track gets especially in the warmer temps - breaking bumps cupped faces and holes develop in the first laps of a race and if you're running 6-7 laps with a full gate it takes no time for the track to develop (in pro lite 7min plus 2 laps , in pro 10 minutes plus 2 laps) 

Like you said - the live stream does these races (including snow bikes that Zam loves so much) no justice for the speed and jumps. its unreal. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

It was friday he was hurt - the sled shut off in mid air - you can see on the data that he went WOT (the recorder still records sensors since its on an aux power source) but the engine rpms were at 0. They rolled the sled over and his mechanic pulled it once and it fired right up. 

Like you said - the live stream does these races (including snow bikes that Zam loves so much) no justice for the speed and jumps. its unreal. 

That's exactly what it looked like to me.  I was wondering if the sled shut off or if he blew a belt.  A lawn dart like that isn't the type of crash you would expect to see at that level of racing.

On the snowbikes, I agree.  In person is much different than on TV.  In the last couple years they have gotten much better.  At Canterbury last year they were flying compared to just a few year ago.  TV doesn't do them justice.  That's about the only class I will miss on the stream to go do something else.

I'll get in touch with you next year for the VIP treatment.  Last time they kicked me out of the starting area on Saturday night.  Guess a $10 pit pass only gets me so far.  Oh well, got to see some good starts on Friday.  Maybe I need to borrow Zambroski's pit coat and put on my orange helmet to blend in. 

• Thanks 1

Ishoel better stay on the track this weekend.  I bet that puddle got a lot deeper over the last few days.  Looks like they are still hauling in snow.  Lows will be in the 20s the next few days.  Hopefully they can get the snow guns fired up too.

image.thumb.png.055c752c489a28a917ead04a5b1d035f.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Ishoel better stay on the track this weekend.  I bet that puddle got a lot deeper over the last few days.  Looks like they are still hauling in snow.  Lows will be in the 20s the next few days.  Hopefully they can get the snow guns fired up too.

image.thumb.png.055c752c489a28a917ead04a5b1d035f.png

the plan was pump water, haul snow , snow guns late in the week when the temps dropped

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

the plan was pump water, haul snow , snow guns late in the week when the temps dropped

They said on Facebook there will for sure be a snocross race this weekend.  Should be another good weekend of racing.

Eagle River has done a nice job of stepping up and hosting events this year.  Hopefully see more there in the future.

image.thumb.png.e5d7a22949123f8aac44c9bfad8d2abc.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

80 loads of snow so far today.... 

Have to give them A for effort and it looks like the weather is going to help.  I know when I helped with the Military ride a couple years ago the new track owners and staff were great to work with and helped any way they could.  👍

Edited by Doug
  • Thanks 1

For sure , the Pitlik (sp?) family has been awesome to both isoc and the derby track in hauling snow , hopefully they get the cannons going tonight and keep them running as long as they can. I was told the derby camera makes it look way worse than it is. 

7 hours ago, fortune46x said:

and 400L lbs of wood chips?  the staging area alone was mushy last weekend, can't imagine it being one bit better this weekend.  

I want to see the 'pond' bigger this weekend... for "knucklehead" to play in again.  :lmao: that was a hilarious conversation, and we're all going to the god damned Soo next year - he's driving!  :lol:

you guys still planning on going to the Hall of Fame?  

15 hours ago, hayward said:

ole fortune46 made the Ctak vlog.  Atta boy!:news:

haha I have made it a few times on it , They're good dudes. 

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and 400L lbs of wood chips?  the staging area alone was mushy last weekend, can't imagine it being one bit better this weekend.  

I want to see the 'pond' bigger this weekend... for "knucklehead" to play in again.  :lmao: that was a hilarious conversation, and we're all going to the god damned Soo next year - he's driving!  :lol:

you guys still planning on going to the Hall of Fame?  

lol , Its never a dull moment. 

If I make it to town in time I am going to go , idk if it will happen though - stupid adulting. I guess theres a huge group of ISOC guys going. 

8 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

If I make it to town in time I am going to go , idk if it will happen though - stupid adulting. I guess theres a huge group of ISOC guys going. 

The hall of fame is worth the trip.  Lots of cool stuff on display.

This piece was my favorite to see since I had the first laydown production motor in my 02 sno pro.

5UnE761qAI7TJvXMixRt9h0Z4-zMZaCEehSPfgJ99tpHyK_uW-C3iISg1uyaNEVZ8jX82F6y2gcRAZVjY1HZiiXUQ5tzGy-jeLHBVWVUuEvKiALS4wQaXsBue9FZR_Z6A0zRYpy0iNZEYL5xPlUnY29cVEN6wPQsqbH_IIlv5ks01EThjsbgSeVeznAV9o-ENHZZu4H8JOyzP9OCAut1k294WQ0Cn3EyfNKgagZglpXZxZhfFcBxS5rtxOFV4KlRR9t8zsYNOF1dFcazKrMBgCK3Jn9-I_YDPsUbyz642V2MvhNe2-L-HsiIfjkddQpY_8UGE3_tI5CZMECz1WtSd55kJgp9KmIbPOfSKcsYtIzwwwUx8Br67mkmixDLGPBzqE26OGiJtFdAjhbLzjOE1kslLn56K6cCXIaVfzbKHB00Rqa7PbndHOdSayTVkLqoPrOYgylkrI6dVP0fjbEdVwXUpBQRZfyMnV9dXSL3GIkx-nq9yHNbVxm5GRVKR9PQyBwwico4aPJVT-SsfXUjUIeqJYrqOwiV20xm7w3FGHsMrnOeCOO5ZT68rkvgxeSoovLP9TEBrYZXfX9O1MR7AYAgIC8-YkJyYIwxHbTnLKKb1bFf368XQBnGIpdbQfpWM23vBrCXKdAunS1mVoaXHuWECgh5MVqKw1-QVT9I7MQlLvHdgHxo0b6F30u8xi_j_5o1BAkv-kKkiu0VIvjbOqZ0=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

The hall of fame is worth the trip.  Lots of cool stuff on display.

This piece was my favorite to see since I had the first laydown production motor in my 02 sno pro.

5UnE761qAI7TJvXMixRt9h0Z4-zMZaCEehSPfgJ99tpHyK_uW-C3iISg1uyaNEVZ8jX82F6y2gcRAZVjY1HZiiXUQ5tzGy-jeLHBVWVUuEvKiALS4wQaXsBue9FZR_Z6A0zRYpy0iNZEYL5xPlUnY29cVEN6wPQsqbH_IIlv5ks01EThjsbgSeVeznAV9o-ENHZZu4H8JOyzP9OCAut1k294WQ0Cn3EyfNKgagZglpXZxZhfFcBxS5rtxOFV4KlRR9t8zsYNOF1dFcazKrMBgCK3Jn9-I_YDPsUbyz642V2MvhNe2-L-HsiIfjkddQpY_8UGE3_tI5CZMECz1WtSd55kJgp9KmIbPOfSKcsYtIzwwwUx8Br67mkmixDLGPBzqE26OGiJtFdAjhbLzjOE1kslLn56K6cCXIaVfzbKHB00Rqa7PbndHOdSayTVkLqoPrOYgylkrI6dVP0fjbEdVwXUpBQRZfyMnV9dXSL3GIkx-nq9yHNbVxm5GRVKR9PQyBwwico4aPJVT-SsfXUjUIeqJYrqOwiV20xm7w3FGHsMrnOeCOO5ZT68rkvgxeSoovLP9TEBrYZXfX9O1MR7AYAgIC8-YkJyYIwxHbTnLKKb1bFf368XQBnGIpdbQfpWM23vBrCXKdAunS1mVoaXHuWECgh5MVqKw1-QVT9I7MQlLvHdgHxo0b6F30u8xi_j_5o1BAkv-kKkiu0VIvjbOqZ0=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0

Craig marchbank has a ton of stuff like that at his place , its so cool to see! 

5 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Craig marchbank has a ton of stuff like that at his place , its so cool to see! 

The Warning family rotates some of their collection in and out of the Hall of Fame museum in St Germain.  Was at their warehouse where they have most of the sleds.  Unbelievable what is there.  Could have spent a couple days looking at the stuff and hearing the stories about finding some of the sleds.

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Everyone around the racing seems to have a good time with one another according to the vlog.  He does a good job showing some behind the scenes stuff.  Damn track looked even more brutal from some of the side view video he captured.  

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

They are starting to prep the track now.   Looks like they have it set up to run backwards from the direction they were going last weekend.

fortune doesn't have a hair on his ass to lay the track out in a figure 8...:yahoo:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, hayward said:

fortune doesn't have a hair on his ass to lay the track out in a figure 8...:yahoo:

We wouldn't be nearly as nice to fortune here if he was in charge of track design.

Tomorrow is race day!

image.thumb.png.bcb42c521e67f3a9fe178394d132eb2b.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

They are starting to prep the track now.   Looks like they have it set up to run backwards from the direction they were going last weekend.

so are you starting a new thread for this weekend or just keeping this one alive since it's the same venue and potentially a different layout?  inquiring minds and all...

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so are you starting a new thread for this weekend or just keeping this one alive since it's the same venue and potentially a different layout?  inquiring minds and all...

Same thread, I just updated the title and first post.  We had such a good thing going here I figured why not?  Plus, last weekend of the year and I'm getting lazy.

• Thanks 1