Snocross: 2021 Round 15/16 Amsoil Snocross National, Eagle River, WI 3/26-28

Opening ceremonies at 6 PM CST both Friday and Saturday night.  Then opening ceremonies for the Amsoil Dominator on Sunday at 12 noon.

In Pro Women, Malene Andersen and Megan Brodeur are tied at 581 points.  Malene has been strong in the second half of the season so she is my pick for champ.  Megan has been getting some bad starts and having to work her way through the field.

Schedule:  https://snocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2020-2021_Event_Schedule_08_EAGLE_RIVER_300PPI.pdf

Live Stream:  https://snocross.com/livestream/

Edited by teamgreen02

7 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Opening ceremonies at 6 PM CST both Friday and Saturday night.  Sure are a lot of Polaris riders in the top 5 of the points this year.  The best Cat is 6th in Pro and Pro Lite.

Schedule:  https://snocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2020-2021_Event_Schedule_07_EAGLE_RIVER_96PPI.pdf

Live Stream:  https://snocross.com/livestream/

image.thumb.png.107fadd101afbfd1dbeb07c4a7b5e3f5.png

this has been an ugly season in SX for Cat

Doo & Poo both have top tier riders, Doo has the best machines and Poo got their fuel injection right.  The best battles imo have been in Pro-Lite, anyone can win and they race hard, and crash harder.

will likely be in ER on Sat. afternoon/evening as it's only 1.5hr ride from home - no idea how much snow they'll be able to make.  it's supposed to be 59 here on Saturday - will be wearing my Muck's.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this has been an ugly season in SX for Cat

Doo & Poo both have top tier riders, Doo has the best machines and Poo got their fuel injection right.  The best battles imo have been in Pro-Lite, anyone can win and they race hard, and crash harder.

will likely be in ER on Sat. afternoon/evening as it's only 1.5hr ride from home - no idea how much snow they'll be able to make.  it's supposed to be 59 here on Saturday - will be wearing my Muck's.  :lol:

Definitely would recommend the Mucks.  We were there for the swap last fall and the place was a swamp. 

Eagle River is a haul for me so I'll watch it from the comfort of my couch.

18 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Definitely would recommend the Mucks.  We were there for the swap last fall and the place was a swamp. 

Eagle River is a haul for me so I'll watch it from the comfort of my couch.

plan to wear the boots this time, the shoe type nearly got sucked off my feet in the mud soup multiple times last weekend walking to/from the parking lot at ERX

on the bright side, I've been in MN once for 2021 so I'm good to go until 2022  :fatlady:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

plan to wear the boots this time, the shoe type nearly got sucked off my feet in the mud soup multiple times last weekend walking to/from the parking lot at ERX

on the bright side, I've been in MN once for 2021 so I'm good to go until 2022  :fatlady:

That's miserable for sled racing.  For years, we all wished ISOC would push the opening back a couple of weeks instead of sticking with thanksgiving weekend.  It comes down to a week-10 days a lot of times to see if snow can even be made.  Snirt racing sucks.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

@fortune46x any idea what the track going to look like?  I would think some sort of oval like Deadwood was.  Not sure if there is room for a modified oval, maybe?

Would be sweet if they used the banked turns.

image.thumb.png.1b43c42505a0e2b58bc11688843cbcbd.png

unsure, they've had amatuerish SX races during derby week there utilizing the infield but there was (from recollection) light poles and shit that might not work for an ISOC event.  would be interesting to see them incorporate the mildly banked corners into the race but with sleds flying in the air I would speculate they will keep racers a good distance from the 'boards'.  @fortune46x might be able to report once he arrives on site.

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That's miserable for sled racing.  For years, we all wished ISOC would push the opening back a couple of weeks instead of sticking with thanksgiving weekend.  It comes down to a week-10 days a lot of times to see if snow can even be made.  Snirt racing sucks.

the track at ERX actually had a f'load of snow because they must have snow-gunned the hell out of that track well in advance of it being relocated from Canterbury.  everything outside the track itself was a f'ing mud pit.  was funny when Greg and I were bs'ing with Alex watching riders and mechanics drive through or around the 'pond' under the bridge.  some of the 120 parents were picking the sleds up and riding the rim under the bridge.  this has been an abnormal winter for temps and snow, not sure why they took NY & Geneva off the schedule, then killed of SD but the next two events are in Eagle River and it's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend, we'll probably be wearing shorts and muck boots and watching them race on wet wood chips on the 26-28th if these temps keep going up.

snowmobiling... :lol2:

21 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

@fortune46x any idea what the track going to look like?  I would think some sort of oval like Deadwood was.  Not sure if there is room for a modified oval, maybe?

Would be sweet if they used the banked turns.

image.thumb.png.1b43c42505a0e2b58bc11688843cbcbd.png

21 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I always hated the thanksgiving race, Its hard though too running a condensed schedule to not get burnt out 

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

unsure, they've had amatuerish SX races during derby week there utilizing the infield but there was (from recollection) light poles and shit that might not work for an ISOC event.  would be interesting to see them incorporate the mildly banked corners into the race but with sleds flying in the air I would speculate they will keep racers a good distance from the 'boards'.  @fortune46x might be able to report once he arrives on site.

the track at ERX actually had a f'load of snow because they must have snow-gunned the hell out of that track well in advance of it being relocated from Canterbury.  everything outside the track itself was a f'ing mud pit.  was funny when Greg and I were bs'ing with Alex watching riders and mechanics drive through or around the 'pond' under the bridge.  some of the 120 parents were picking the sleds up and riding the rim under the bridge.  this has been an abnormal winter for temps and snow, not sure why they took NY & Geneva off the schedule, then killed of SD but the next two events are in Eagle River and it's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend, we'll probably be wearing shorts and muck boots and watching them race on wet wood chips on the 26-28th if these temps keep going up.

snowmobiling... :lol2:

The track will be interesting for sure , check the track cam and you can get a feel for what they're doing size wise. 

image.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

image.png

That's about what I figured it would be.  I like the starting line there to make the entire front straight the holeshot. 

Probably another Ishoel sweep but at least it will be an entertaining weekend.  Snow is almost gone here, mid 50s this weekend.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I just hoping (and I am kidding myself) that it won't be a mud hole where we are at, but I know its coming. Good news is we dont have to tear down between weekends hahaha. 

Do you have enough snow to build a good track?  Looks about the size of the Deadwood track.

Even in Eagle River the temps are going to be in the 50s.  Bring your Muck boots.  We were there in the fall for the swap after some heavy rains, it was a total swamp.  With the ground still frozen I imagine it will be even worse.  You will be up to your elbows in oil and mud by the end of the weekend.

11 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I always hated the thanksgiving race, Its hard though too running a condensed schedule to not get burnt out 

The track will be interesting for sure , check the track cam and you can get a feel for what they're doing size wise. 

image.png

I would have laid out a figure eight with over/under jumps - all they had to do was call.  the morons!  :)

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's about what I figured it would be.  I like the starting line there to make the entire front straight the holeshot. 

Probably another Ishoel sweep but at least it will be an entertaining weekend.  Snow is almost gone here, mid 50s this weekend.

idk about Shovel on the hole shot, seems all the Doo's rocket out of the hole.  must be that traction device in the skid we haven't heard about since it debuted.  Schueering's sleds seem to consistently get the best dig from what I've seen.

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I just hoping (and I am kidding myself) that it won't be a mud hole where we are at, but I know its coming. Good news is we dont have to tear down between weekends hahaha. 

are they going to let you bring your prize winning hog this time?

6 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Still a lot of work to get done on the track before tomorrow.  They were burying something under the finish line jump this afternoon.  Communication cables probably?

image.thumb.png.633d8c643f8cf8869f0339b53ce63a62.png

nope, they're obviously burying TextronCat's future - can you see the little sign that reads "If you don't be first - you B-Last"????

:)

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nope, they're obviously burying TextronCat's future - can you see the little sign that reads "If you don't be first - you B-Last"????

Negative, TextronCat's future is buried much deeper than that little trench.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

The line being buried was the transponder line 

jumps are never built until the day of, I haven’t been to the track yet but I bet if you look now it’ll look different. 

I've groomed for our club many years but I'm impressed with these guys in the groomer that build and maintain the track during these event.  Would like to have a groomer with that width and HP.

Edited by Doug
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

The line being buried was the transponder line 

jumps are never built until the day of, I haven’t been to the track yet but I bet if you look now it’ll look different. 

They have been working on the track all morning.  Saw they were moving a snow gun earlier.  It was cold enough last night to make snow and you can see the pile they made in the picture.  Tonight will be cold enough too if they need to pile some up.  After that it will be too warm to make any more.

6 hours until the stream starts!

image.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 4:56 PM, sw-50c said:

hey icecube, less than 48 hrs to race time.       :ylsuper:       :good:

Sorry I have had a crazy week, family stuff!

LETS GO!:nudie:

FRIDAY NIGHT RACE NIGHT!:bounce:

HEY... @Zambroski, Hope you can make it on the site tonight, your commentary is always the SHIT!!!!:stoned:

Thanks for the call out sw-50 nice to be wanted:lol:

Edited by Icecube
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

A79385AC-51D1-4263-A408-80590581C96B.jpeg

The Good Old Days!

GOAT.  He was a ridiculous machine...I actually didn't like it but, had to respect it.  Also, he was one of the most humble and generous guys you'd ever meet.  A class act in every way.  Almost weirdly so.

• Thanks 1