Scissors lift for the garage.

11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Why a scissor lift? Low ceilings? A bud use to have a max Jax lift nice if you got low ceilings and you can still work under the car without lift being in the way.

Yeah. Low ceiling. It also needs to be portable. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Yeah. Low ceiling. It also needs to be portable. 

Look into that max Jax it’s basically a mini 2 post that’s portable. He used it at his old  house in his garage under. Raises car maybe 4ft or so.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Aren’t oil pits illegal now? I thought I seen that some where.

Probably in some places, quite a few around here, they are poured reinforced concrete, 1 has an electric sliding steel cover, pretty kewl.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I have one of those. Want something that goes up higher where a reclining wheelie chair can fit under. 

Take a look at two post jacks concrete support requirements.  Not sure if most home garages meet it.

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

quickjack

you can sometimes find they cheap at the warehouse stores,  5 and 7k pound versions no posts

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-5000ext/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwi7yCBhDJARIsAMWFScM_9wuOkPEUAFQmgRfYMAt2RXk_D4fS2pWA_U6fOhL1ix7mdLuAa-waAjpJEALw_wcB

I have the 7000 series with extension and they work as advertised.  

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Garage floor is 6”. Regardless, I need something portable. 

Its not just the thickness.  I would not trust my garage floor for that, but will pour a good floor for my new place next year.

I like the four posts.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its not just the thickness.  I would not trust my garage floor for that, but will pour a good floor for my new place next year.

I like the four posts.

I do too. I don’t know of any concrete within the last couple of decades that isn’t at least 3k. I’d be more concerned about imperfections creating weakness. Jake’s home was built in the late ‘70/early “80’s. So far it’s held up. My main concern with a two post would be pulling motors out the bottom intact with the subframe. The difference of weight balance could create some issues. I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t want to chance it. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I do too. I don’t know of any concrete within the last couple of decades that isn’t at least 3k. I’d be more concerned about imperfections creating weakness. Jake’s home was built in the late ‘70/early “80’s. So far it’s held up. My main concern with a two post would be pulling motors out the bottom intact with the subframe. The difference of weight balance could create some issues. I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t want to chance it. 

They make jack stands you place under the rear for when you pull a motor on a 2 post so the car don’t move. Done it many times no issues.