Who's started or already has their trails picked up.

Doug

What a strange season.  Rode mostly Sth from home this year on some great trails.  Was still grooming around home 2-1/2 weeks ago, rode in the UP last weekend and started picking up some of our trails today.

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

What a strange season.  Rode mostly Sth from home this year on some great trails.  Was still grooming around home 2-1/2 weeks ago, rode in the UP last weekend and started picking up some of our trails today.

just like that... it was over.

rumor has it we have a club up this way that's calling it quits.  14 people in the club, 3 do the work and no one else is contributing is the story I've heard.  the old guys are hanging up their hats and the younger folks aren't picking up the slack.  sadly, this seems to be the direction this sport is heading like many other 'volunteer organizations'.       

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just like that... it was over.

rumor has it we have a club up this way that's calling it quits.  14 people in the club, 3 do the work and no one else is contributing is the story I've heard.  the old guys are hanging up their hats and the younger folks aren't picking up the slack.  sadly, this seems to be the direction this sport is heading like many other 'volunteer organizations'.       

Yes sir...... the ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME mentality of today is something else.......

Hey, maybe Biden will give us government snow and government grooming and government trail marking and.....oh wait...... we aren't illegals.......we get shit ..........

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, taperk600 said:

Yes sir...... the ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME mentality of today is something else.......

Hey, maybe Biden will give us government snow and government grooming and government trail marking and.....oh wait...... we aren't illegals.......we get shit .......

but fun utterly free shit to do just appears out of nowhere, right?  all you have to do is buy a 'trespassing sticker' and a new sled and you're good to go.  keeping politics out of the conversation the dwindling lack of volunteerism in this country began when the greatest generations children, grandchildren and great grandchildren expanded individuality and nurtured a lack of sense of community in favor of the 'me' generations we are depending on and will be dependent upon in the future.  I have 20+ years in a volunteer org and have served every role within it, everyone younger than me that I personally brought into the org. has left because they either couldn't 'sacrifice their personal time' or just didn't want to do the work.  the average age of members in this org. is around 50... and we're tired.

as I've said multiple times in multiple forums, unappreciative self-serving snowmobilers will kill this sport as we know it long before global warming does. 

• Like 1

We had MAYBE a month that our groomer operated this season (Southeast MN) and I'd say almost half of those treks were on marginal snow to begin with.  What a waste.  We decided at last week's meeting we're gonna hold off our trail cleanup/sign removal until 3/27, just to give the fields some time to dry up a bit before we try to run the wheelers through to pull signs.  If any of our land owners wants us out sooner, they know we'll be there to make it happen.

On 3/14/2021 at 8:24 PM, Bontz said:

We had MAYBE a month that our groomer operated this season (Southeast MN) and I'd say almost half of those treks were on marginal snow to begin with.  What a waste.  We decided at last week's meeting we're gonna hold off our trail cleanup/sign removal until 3/27, just to give the fields some time to dry up a bit before we try to run the wheelers through to pull signs.  If any of our land owners wants us out sooner, they know we'll be there to make it happen.

the irony is my riding friend from Madison had a better local riding season than we did in north central Wisco - by a long shot.  I rode once around Madison, three trips here and once up by Boulder Junction.  pretty pathetic but glad I didn't drop $13-15K for a new sled for those slim miles.