Rumour is an 850 matryx can’t even beet a 2019 cat 800 RR

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

It will be interesting to see how these new Cat clutches work on the 2022.  The drivetrain is a huge loss in efficiency.  If they can get the power to the ground better they may not need the almighty ate fiddy to keep up.

My guess is it is more of a cash grab to moving design and production with Cat owned tooling.  I hope I'm proven wrong on that.

Remember the last time cat designed and built their own clutches? :news:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, hayward said:

:lol:that's worse than ICEhole and Fred a while back with their matched set of snow camo wrapped sleds.

They were both standing there like total badasses, too!  :lol:

@ACE

@bussman 800 and his buddies 2020 8000 both saw my 850 doo snow flap across the lake, couldn’t see how many sled lengths behind they were. Also, the 850 etec midrange is significantly better then the cat, it’s not even close. Bottom end Brian’s cat pulls as hard as my xcr did almost, it’s very strong down low. I liked his sled a lot he has it set up great, it just doesn’t fit me well personally. the etec 850 is superior. That’s just the  truth. 

Edited by thewayout

1 hour ago, thewayout said:

@ACE

@bussman 800 and his buddies 2020 8000 both saw my 850 doo snow flap across the lake, couldn’t see how many sled lengths behind they were. Also, the 850 etec midrange is significantly better then the cat, it’s not even close. Bottom end Brian’s cat pulls as hard as my xcr did almost, it’s very strong down low. I liked his sled a lot he has it set up great, it just doesn’t fit me well personally. the etec 850 is superior. That’s just the  truth. 

No 850 etec is known to be a bit of a turd tbh 

Do you guys know the sled named the Grinch? It’s a pretty famous snow drag sled. I’m friends with the guy that tuned it Howard Haack. He’s one of the best tuners in the world. He was telling me he had a customer who put a bikeman stage two setup on his matrix and his 2019 that is stock outside of his clutch tuning walks it. Point being just because a cat supposedly beat a matrix doesnt mean the owner of the matrix didn’t install go slow parts or maybe he doesn’t know how to drag race. Lol

9 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Do you guys know the sled named the Grinch? It’s a pretty famous snow drag sled. I’m friends with the guy that tuned it Howard Haack. He’s one of the best tuners in the world. He was telling me he had a customer who put a bikeman stage two setup on his matrix and his 2019 that is stock outside of his clutch tuning walks it. Point being just because a cat supposedly beat a matrix doesnt mean the owner of the matrix didn’t install go slow parts or maybe he doesn’t know how to drag race. Lol

The grinch is here. Buddies sled beats it 

and just because you said the guy could have made the matryx slower doesn’t mean he did. He could have also made it faster