Ontario Riders, How was your season?

45 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My son flew off the back of my Yamaha in a two up seat and landed in a snowbank back when he was 8, in front after that.:lol:

Thanks....that is a reassuring :)

I am going to see how it goes, do not want to have any issues or accidents.

I had a friends daughter 8 or 9 years old riding behind me and her helmet bopped me in the back. She fell asleep and I ended up with one arm behind my back hanging on to her. It definately is a scary thought thinking back she could've flew off.

22 hours ago, Renegade X said:

This is the worst thing I've read today.  Irv, you need to start looking at the big picture.  Yay, you saved 400 bucks.....WTF man.  Go out and live, you never know when its your time.

Myself, I got out 3 times for real rides.  Wife started a new job and she works every 2 out of 3 weekends. Oh well, think I'm gonna snow check again this year.  On the bright side, I found a restaurant this week that didn't give a shit about the covid restrictions. Didn't have to wear a mask, no one turned away from lack of space, it was amazing!  Can't wait to go back and support them, even if its on my motorcycle! lol

same here gave the server a 50% tip too.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My son flew off the back of my Yamaha in a two up seat and landed in a snowbank back when he was 8, in front after that.:lol:

Will one of these seats fit a Polaris?  I wanna take my wife for a ride

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

NO.  Trust me on this.

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Did you stop or just pick him up on the way back :lol: 

:lol:

28 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I had a friends daughter 8 or 9 years old riding behind me and her helmet bopped me in the back. She fell asleep and I ended up with one arm behind my back hanging on to her. It definately is a scary thought thinking back she could've flew off.

I am not really worried about my daughter, she is not one to fall asleep.....my son on the other hand, always used to fall asleep, but I think he has finally grown out of it.

Now it is about making sure they hang on and feel comfortable doing so.

14 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

I am wondering if you are being funny or serious about this.....but if you are serious, the seat I am buying is a LinQ 1+1 seat that fits a Ski-Doo, comes with a new 2-person seat, backrest, handles and brackets, I do not think it will fit a Poo though.

41 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I am wondering if you are being funny or serious about this.....but if you are serious, the seat I am buying is a LinQ 1+1 seat that fits a Ski-Doo, comes with a new 2-person seat, backrest, handles and brackets, I do not think it will fit a Poo though.

Nah, I was only kidding.  She has her own sled.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, franks pond said:

got to buzz around on one of these on sat,smile from ear to ear

That sign is F'ing awesome. I need that for my shop.

Over all it was an OK season which was better than I had hoped. I rode 1300 kms or so in 5 rides in Districts 5 and 9 on mostly good to great trails. I'm back plowing snow this winter since I didn't hire an employee to do it (figuring I wouldn't be able to travel anyways).

Rode with the wife once and then she split for Florida. We are doing a kitchen Reno/addition to the house and she couldn't take the dust or the lack of a kitchen. I sold her sled at the end of January with Covid pricing when she said she wasn't coming home. Also had lasik eye surgery in mid February. On the second to last ride, I lost all the oil out of the motor on my Cat turbo. On the last ride I lost all the coolant due to a stud through the heat exchanger. The sled is still sitting in my trailer waiting for a call to get it welded. See rant.

But hey, I did get to ride with my buddy Ed twice who turned 76 last year. He rode my back up sled and even blew by me in a field at over 140 kph. Next stop I said "WTF was that?". He said "Oh, just showing you what Skidoo can do."  Then I sold the Skidoo that weekend for covid price.

Also got to ride with another bud I haven't ridden with in 7-8 years. He bought back in due to the excellent snow winter.

Not my best winter, not my worst. All things considered, better than expected.

And I've had the house to myself for over 2 months since the wife is still sitting in the sunshine state.

Side rant, nothing I hate more than people who say they will call you in 2 days to do a task and then never call you. I absolutely hate chasing people. If you don't want to do it just tell me so I can find someone else........:justcuz:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And I've had the house to myself for over 2 months since the wife is still sitting in the sunshine state.

Side rant, nothing I hate more than people who say they will call you in 2 days to do a task and then never call you. I absolutely hate chasing people. If you don't want to do it just tell me so I can find someone else........:justcuz:

On the bold, you lucky bastard!!!

With regards to your side rant, I feel your pain. This is my dry-boathouse/workshop. Foundation was badly bowed out so had a block guy give me a quote and I okayed it. We excavated the affected side last October, then waited. He promised he was coming so I supported the front of the building and removed the rotten wall. Late December I threw the tarps up even though he said he was coming with insulated tarps to do job. Well here we are in March FFS  :wtf:

foundation1.jpg

foundation.jpg

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, oldslowsledder said:

On the bold, you lucky bastard!!!

With regards to your side rant, I feel your pain. This is my dry-boathouse/workshop. Foundation was badly bowed out so had a block guy give me a quote and I okayed it. We excavated the affected side last October, then waited. He promised he was coming so I supported the front of the building and removed the rotten wall. Late December I threw the tarps up even though he said he was coming with insulated tarps to do job. Well here we are in March FFS  :wtf:

foundation1.jpg

foundation.jpg

I feel your pain.  I will post pictures of my situation and why the wife is still in Florida.

• Like 1

This is my new kitchen. It was started at the end of September. Just got the ceilings sprayed yesterday. 
My gerenal contractor hasn’t  been here once since Dec 8. I gave up waiting on him and started hiring my own people. His framers f’ed up the ceiling so I had to reframe it myself.

it’s been a struggle to get anyone to show up.

Flooring will go down shortly then we are stuck. No windows. Guess who was taking care of that? 

C721E68D-8269-4F99-B959-58EA213314CB.jpeg

DBE4A646-866C-418A-A6B4-CD25DF0D6CD5.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So no kitchen since mid October. The wife made it work until Christmas then couldn’t take it any more.

Had to replace the gas stove in my sunroom with a duckless unit.  Took about a year before someone committed. 

Hard to find help.

image.thumb.png.237c4dd4fab4ccaccfc07a1b9f64ea20.png

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So no kitchen since mid October. The wife made it work until Christmas then couldn’t take it any more.

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Had to replace the gas stove in my sunroom with a duckless unit.  Took about a year before someone committed. 

Hard to find help.

image.thumb.png.237c4dd4fab4ccaccfc07a1b9f64ea20.png

Just brutal, sad to know I'm not the only one. 

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

That is a real long time, I hope you set something up in a garage or something 

microwave and fridge in the garage, BBQ on the deck and using the laundry-room sink. Paper plates, plastic utensils.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

microwave and fridge in the garage, BBQ on the deck and using the laundry-room sink. Paper plates, plastic utensils.

We've done that for a week or two in the past, but like your wife mine would be outa there as well given that time period, hope it gets better soon :thumbsup:

I took down a wall and gutted the kitchen and just left enough of the counter to support the sink. We plugged in the new fridge and had the gas stove hooked up and a couple fold out tables with the microwave,toaster and coffee maker. While we waited for the new kitchen ( about a month) I painted the entire house. Overall it wasn't too bad but having to live like that any longer it would've been a pissoff

A lot better than the last few years here in D9. Started riding 2nd week in Jan and took last ride (274mi) last Sunday the 7th. Could have went Monday, but work!! Never rode at night or weekdays because shop I own repairs snowmobiles. With every snowmobile hiding in a barn, out behind outhouse, or in Kijiji hitting the snow, I worked most nights from early December to this week (still have 3 in shop waiting for hard-to-find parts) to make sure guys could get out. Could only ride weekends (although yellow snowmobiles even ruined some Saturdays)

Still managed to get a little over1400 miles on my 06 Dragon, wife and son 700 on 03 600X, and even 300 on 99 700XCSP. Better than the 200 mile I got last year all in one week only riding nights, or the 9 miles the year before. Enough this year to put the lead back in my pencil to upgrade to a 15 Pro-X 800 AXYS for next year, and start adding new equipment and parts suppliers to shop

• Like 2