So who's buying and what are you buying

Doug

22 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Just finalized my order tonight. XCR 650 136, triple black, 1.35 cobra, electric start, standard gauge. Wife listed our '17 XCR 600 on marketplace this afternoon, sold within 3 hours. WTF

Screenshot (4).png

i ordered an 850 just like this.  i had my 19 850 listed for an hour, and pulled it.  calls from all over the place.  used sleds are stupid. sold a 078 dragon 700 with 1600 miles on it in mint condition for 4500, sled sold in less than an hr, guy drove 5 hrs to pic it up

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, turtle800 said:

i ordered an 850 just like this.  i had my 19 850 listed for an hour, and pulled it.  calls from all over the place.  used sleds are stupid. sold a 078 dragon 700 with 1600 miles on it in mint condition for 4500, sled sold in less than an hr, guy drove 5 hrs to pic it up

The used market is crazy even at the end of the year.  I was going to list my wife's sled and my dealer told me not to cause he would have it sold if I traded it.  We had one last ride planned so I had a demo to use and had to take her sled down to my dealer.

7 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Huh. Maybe I should list my Fusion then. I was going to wait until next fall to do it figuring the used market had died off already this year. 

Put it out there.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:20 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Huh. Maybe I should list my Fusion then. I was going to wait until next fall to do it figuring the used market had died off already this year. 

Still surprised how many you still see on the trail.

36 minutes ago, Doug said:

Still surprised how many you still see on the trail.

I just did the engine for one of our neighbors up north. That one had 11,000 miles on it when the pump drive and crank gear chewed themselves up. Rest of the engine looked great. Didn’t even have to put any bearings in it except for new wrist pin bearings. Both pistons still had the skirt coating on them. 

Mine has 6,200 on it. Listed it today. We will see what happens. I won’t give it away because it can sit until next fall if need be. 

Last one I worked on was a while ago.  Was a 2006 900 that had a low speed injector go out that you basically had to pull the motor out to change.  This one also was good on the inside.  We put pistons in as long as we were that far into it.

8 hours ago, Doug said:

Last one I worked on was a while ago.  Was a 2006 900 that had a low speed injector go out that you basically had to pull the motor out to change.  This one also was good on the inside.  We put pistons in as long as we were that far into it.

Yeah I made Polaris buy my 06 900 back with 650 miles on it in January of 2006. Then I bought this 600 HO. It’s been one of the best sleds I’ve ever owned. Hate to see it go but we have a FLEET of Edge chassis sleds in the family that have less miles on them so those work fine for back ups/rentals if need be. 

I am excited to be on this Axys CC chassis. Heard many good things about them but have never ridden one. I wouldn’t typically buy a 600 with a 137 for trail riding but again, I couldn’t turn down the deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it home today. It definitely needs a bath and a good going over. 16 hours of driving to get it home. Left yesterday at 3:30, crashed in Hancock for the night, grabbed the sled when they opened at 8 am, on the road home by 8:30, rolled in the driveway just before 5 pm tonight. 

6EF00FC2-C138-459C-A674-85F57C7EADFC.jpeg

• Like 4

Congrats Nick.  :bc:

I have a new and a couple used Poo belts from my previous 800's, not sure if they'll fit though.

I also have a brand new still in the shrink wrap 6" set of Woody's.  Got a smoked dark gloss black windshield as well from my 2020 Indy.  Let me know if your interested.

Any hits on selling the Fusion?

12 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Finally got it home today. It definitely needs a bath and a good going over. 16 hours of driving to get it home. Left yesterday at 3:30, crashed in Hancock for the night, grabbed the sled when they opened at 8 am, on the road home by 8:30, rolled in the driveway just before 5 pm tonight. 

6EF00FC2-C138-459C-A674-85F57C7EADFC.jpeg

Even though I'm not gay....I can admit those are nice lookin' sleds.  Congrats!

Maybe I am gay?  CELEBRATE ME!  :lol: 

3 hours ago, A05GSHO said:

Congrats Nick.  :bc:

I have a new and a couple used Poo belts from my previous 800's, not sure if they'll fit though.

I also have a brand new still in the shrink wrap 6" set of Woody's.  Got a smoked dark gloss black windshield as well from my 2020 Indy.  Let me know if your interested.

Any hits on selling the Fusion?

321-1165 is the belt number this sled takes. Let me know on that. 
I’ll take the carbides for sure. 
Just ordered the gloss white mid deep snow windshield for it but thanks on that. :bc:

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Even though I'm not gay....I can admit those are nice lookin' sleds.  Congrats!

Maybe I am gay?  CELEBRATE ME!  :lol: 

On my way there, I saw a sign for a turn off towards Duluth and passed a few Culver’s. You were with me in spirit, pumpkin. :fluffy:

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

here's your new sled homo
611EadcKxyL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

He needs a Walmart and Culver’s combo wrap. Gotta give back to those sponsors. Extra bonus points for a Biden/Harris 2020 plug in there somewhere too. 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

here's your new sled homo
611EadcKxyL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

AHHHH...the original "Terrrain Dominator"!!!!  YAhoooOOOOoooaaeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  :lol:

What a fucking pile.

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

321-1165 is the belt number this sled takes. Let me know on that. 
I’ll take the carbides for sure. 
Just ordered the gloss white mid deep snow windshield for it but thanks on that. :bc:

On my way there, I saw a sign for a turn off towards Duluth and passed a few Culver’s. You were with me in spirit, pumpkin. :fluffy:

He needs a Walmart and Culver’s combo wrap. Gotta give back to those sponsors. Extra bonus points for a Biden/Harris 2020 plug in there somewhere too. 

I'm always with you in spirit.  You prolly just think it's gas though.  :lmao:

• Haha 1

Well this is sort of a bummer. I was just going to throw 96 studs in this track but I guess I’ll put that money towards an Ice Attack XT now. It is the only one that I’ve found so far but the lugs remaining are really worn as well. The skid is coming out for a shock rebuild, heavier springs and probably some bearings anyways. 

3D0DEB3A-CEAC-4D46-8FAA-4EA36F52E564.jpeg

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Well this is sort of a bummer. I was just going to throw 96 studs in this track but I guess I’ll put that money towards an Ice Attack XT now. It is the only one that I’ve found so far but the lugs remaining are really worn as well. The skid is coming out for a shock rebuild, heavier springs and probably some bearings anyways. 

3D0DEB3A-CEAC-4D46-8FAA-4EA36F52E564.jpeg

Just carry an extra track.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just carry an extra track.

Flex seal maybe? No? Hot glue then? 

Buddy of mine: “Run it. It’s only one.” 

Um, the fuckin cords are showing brah. No thanks. I’ll just replace the damn thing. Chaincase and bearings need to be serviced too so, no biggie. $600 track beats the shit out of a wrecked trip. 

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Um, the fuckin cords are showing brah. No thanks. I’ll just replace the damn thing. Chaincase and bearings need to be serviced too so, no biggie. $600 track beats the shit out of a wrecked trip. 

I’ve run with some X-racers that would be missing half the fucking lugs and say, “still good!!!”  :lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve run with some X-racers that would be missing half the fucking lugs and say, “still good!!!”  :lol:

Yeah, fuck that. I look at this like driving a car with cords hanging out of a tire. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

zip ties and a cordless drill  :lol: 

let me guess, that was a rental sled.

fwiw, I put the Ice Attak XT on the 720 this winter but only got one ride on it.  So far so good, but for loose snow the Cobra is far better.  if that one is a 137" you have a shitload of choices, and might also consider the Ice Storm 150. (same price)  

CB Performance had (by far!) the best price on the Ice Attak and Camso tracks fwiw... 
https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/categories/camso-tracks.html

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

zip ties and a cordless drill  :lol: 

let me guess, that was a rental sled.

fwiw, I put the Ice Attak XT on the 720 this winter but only got one ride on it.  So far so good, but for loose snow the Cobra is far better.  if that one is a 137" you have a shitload of choices, and might also consider the Ice Storm 150. (same price)  

CB Performance had (by far!) the best price on the Ice Attak and Camso tracks fwiw... 
https://www.cbperformanceparts.com/categories/camso-tracks.html

Yeah, it was a rental. I think I’ll be giving the Ice Storm a try. I put an Ice Attack XT on the wife’s Classic and it seems like it’s a really hard durameter track. It makes a TON of noise. The only thing that I DONT want is a sled that runs warm all the time because of a tall lug track, shit snow conditions and slow speeds when riding with the wife and her family. I HATE scratchers on a trail sled too. So I am still torn between an Attack and a Storm. 

The place in your link is $10 cheaper than Snow City MI. That’s where I’ve gotten all of my tracks in recent history. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?