Golden Ticket ... might be happening

Bontz

Just saw some info circling on Bookface ... and it looks like big news, if the Polaris Rep in the video is legit.  The way the guy explained it was, Polaris is feeling guilty about their inability to deliver snow checks on time this year, so they expanded their Golden Ticket offer from last spring to ALL snow check buyers.  The original promotion was a $1000 golden ticket to anyone purchasing a 2021 mountain sled, but after hearing this guy on the video/call he made it sound like it's ALL snow checks.  Definitely good news for anyone who was already planning to snow check, or even those who were undecided.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It just occurred to me that this is in a "rules" forum.  So, that's weird but.....it also means this forum is a "no bashing/sarcasm" safe place.

Sorry, Bontzy.  :bc:

Shut up you faggot .... DERP DERP DERP   Go eat a bullet!!!

(How's that for my daily BHEN interpretation??) LOL

So for anyone who read the OP, it's sounding like the golden ticket promotion is NOT for anyone who snowchecked a 2021.  It's the program that was offered last spring, where it's only valid for folks who purchased mountain sleds.  There was an update this morning that the DSM that was caught on video claiming this was an "all inclusive" promotion was incorrect.  Sorry for getting folks' hopes up ... I know mine were!!

21 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Shut up you faggot .... DERP DERP DERP   Go eat a bullet!!!

(How's that for my daily BHEN interpretation??) LOL

So for anyone who read the OP, it's sounding like the golden ticket promotion is NOT for anyone who snowchecked a 2021.  It's the program that was offered last spring, where it's only valid for folks who purchased mountain sleds.  There was an update this morning that the DSM that was caught on video claiming this was an "all inclusive" promotion was incorrect.  Sorry for getting folks' hopes up ... I know mine were!!

So you going to get back into the game?

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

So you going to get back into the game?

Pretty sure I'll be going against my better judgement, and will be pulling the trigger on SOMETHING this spring.  If that $1000 golden ticket was on the table, I would seriously be debating between an 850 VR1 and XCR.  But for the past month I've been telling myself the 650 is really all I need, so I'm giving the XC a serious look (I like the QS3's).  Better judgement would have me waiting and just picking up a floor model from my dealer next November/December.

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Pretty sure I'll be going against my better judgement, and will be pulling the trigger on SOMETHING this spring.  If that $1000 golden ticket was on the table, I would seriously be debating between an 850 VR1 and XCR.  But for the past month I've been telling myself the 650 is really all I need, so I'm giving the XC a serious look (I like the QS3's).  Better judgement would have me waiting and just picking up a floor model from my dealer next November/December.

I'm debating between the VR1 or XCR or just ride mine for another your. Probably going to get my wife a 650 VR1 cause she likes the blue and white and that's only available in a VR1.  Happy wife I get to snowmobile every weekend during the season 👍

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

Why not give the golden ticket pricing to anyone that actually commits to buying a sled ? It,s not like they are loosing money on every sled sold with one. If their objective is more sales, lower the prices for everyone, and cut out the bull$hit about treating some old customers special. WTF ?

On 3/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, Frostynuts said:

Why not give the golden ticket pricing to anyone that actually commits to buying a sled ? It,s not like they are loosing money on every sled sold with one. If their objective is more sales, lower the prices for everyone, and cut out the bull$hit about treating some old customers special. WTF ?

Treating old customers special? That is bullshit, cause it don't happen

On 3/4/2021 at 8:47 AM, Bontz said:

Chris, If you buy a 650 and go into it accepting  it isn't a topend sled, but a very good trail sprint sled, you will be happy. JMO

1 hour ago, racerdave said:

Chris, If you buy a 650 and go into it accepting  it isn't a topend sled, but a very good trail sprint sled, you will be happy. JMO

I hear ya Dave, and I've become more and more convinced the 650 is the way to go.  The only thing that's got me questioning it is, my fat ass .... 260-270 geared up might be a bit much for the 650 to handle.  I dunno.  I'm hoping to get back down to 240'ish but COVID and working from home, and not going to the gym has bitten me in the ass.

1 hour ago, racerdave said:

Agreed!

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I hear ya Dave, and I've become more and more convinced the 650 is the way to go.  The only thing that's got me questioning it is, my fat ass .... 260-270 geared up might be a bit much for the 650 to handle.  I dunno.  I'm hoping to get back down to 240'ish but COVID and working from home, and not going to the gym has bitten me in the ass.

A bit of clutching and maybe a tooth or two and you’ll be golden but, again...you aren’t going to be getting anywhere near the century mark.

You know it’s about being realistic about what you want out of your ride.  :bc:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed!

A bit of clutching and maybe a tooth or two and you’ll be golden but, again...you aren’t going to be getting anywhere near the century mark.

You know it’s about being realistic about what you want out of your ride.  :bc:

Absolutely (on the bold) ... and the fact of the matter is, with the exception of one buddy & my niece's husband, nobody in our group lines up to race anymore.  I think I might have raced those guys 2 or 3 times the last time we rode together (the entire season).  So the 650 flat out makes sense.  Even if we did happen to line up, I'm sure the 650 would hold its own for a bit - and I'd have nothing to lose being on a 650 vs. their 850's :whistle:

22 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Absolutely (on the bold) ... and the fact of the matter is, with the exception of one buddy & my niece's husband, nobody in our group lines up to race anymore.  I think I might have raced those guys 2 or 3 times the last time we rode together (the entire season).  So the 650 flat out makes sense.  Even if we did happen to line up, I'm sure the 650 would hold its own for a bit - and I'd have nothing to lose being on a 650 vs. their 850's :whistle:

I've lined up a few times with some guys riding the 800 and 850's just cuz they wanted to see what a race sled would do. Smoke show til about 30-40 but, that's a 600 class sled clutched and geared to just do exactly that.  I'd sure guess a well clutched 650 could hold until 50+ or so before the 8 series starts to gain.

Obviously, this is basic knowledge.  What really matters is where you need the top end to be.  70+ frequently and gotta go 800 class.  Mine fell on it's face at around 60-65.  There are some stretches I wish I could have gotten more out of it for sure.  Plus, resales on 800 class sleds is much better.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bontz said:

650 will be fine for your ass and it will stay with anything from corner to corner. It's the suspension IMO thats needed to carry our fat ass's and IMO the XCR is it.

Just got pricing on a XCR 650 136 1.35, Indy red, black tunnel, Indy Red rails,ES, wind deflector with handguards, and the message center gauge from my long time dealer.  OTD $14,170, dealer I got pricing from up north is $3 more OTD so I'll be buying it from them.

When I want triple digits I'll jump on the 900T.  Probably do some clutching on it to, maybe a tooth or two, and maybe a exhaust.

Edited by A05GSHO
  • Like 1

Well the XCR just got a bit more enticing for me.  Chris Wolf sent me an email asking what I thought of the launch, and if I had any questions.  I responded back, asking him if the XCR shock package was going to continue to be on the soft side as others have complained the past few years.  He confirmed they "got the message" and it will be more firm/aggressive.  In his words, "Not full race stiff, but should make aggressive riders happier."

• Like 1

Were up riding probably last ride.  Have my VR1, Launch 850 137, Launch 850 129, Launch 650 137 and Assault.  You can feel the difference in as shock package between the VR1 and Launch sleds when you ride them back to back.  I'm still up in the air between a 850 VR1 137 or 850 XCR 136.  Bontz ask Chris if they sprung the XCR different from the VR1 or valving on the shocks or both?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, Doug said:

Were up riding probably last ride.  Have my VR1, Launch 850 137, Launch 850 129, Launch 650 137 and Assault.  You can feel the difference in as shock package between the VR1 and Launch sleds when you ride them back to back.  I'm still up in the air between a 850 VR1 137 or 850 XCR 136.  Bontz ask Chris if they sprung the XCR different from the VR1 or valving on the shocks or both?

I can't remember if I relayed the information on the spring rates, or not, Doug ... sorry.  Chris responded on Monday and confirmed the spring rates are NOT changed.  According to him the Polaris Suspension Team / Engineers were really happy with the balance of the sled with the stiffer valving and the existing spring rates.  That said, Chris did say it would be up to riders to decide if they need to upgrade their springs based on their weight.

27 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I can't remember if I relayed the information on the spring rates, or not, Doug ... sorry.  Chris responded on Monday and confirmed the spring rates are NOT changed.  According to him the Polaris Suspension Team / Engineers were really happy with the balance of the sled with the stiffer valving and the existing spring rates.  That said, Chris did say it would be up to riders to decide if they need to upgrade their springs based on their weight.

Yes you did forward me the information Thanks.  That's what confirmed me to buy the XCR.  I liked the way my VR1 was setup as I like a sled setup on the soft side that you on occasion bottom out. That shows your using the full travel of the suspension. I also added the hi/lo adjust to my shocks on the VR1.  If the XCR was sprung stiffer and I didn't like the ride I would have had to buy different springs.  Being it's the shocks they should have enough adjustments. If not I do my own shocks so I'll just revalve them if need be.  Thanks again for that information and pass that onto Chris.  Friend of my also bought an XCR based off of that information.