End of Season Riding

• USA Contributing Member

We've been lucky, just enough snow in areas to have groomed resulting in some awesome riding.  I've been lucky enough to have made 6 weekend trips so far, am able to ride these next 2 weekends if the snow will hold up in the NEK particularly in Orleans county.  Have been riding out towards Jay and the snow was real good, out to Derby was ok.  Monday and Tuesday were cold, what's the weather look like to the weekend?  

25 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

We've been lucky, just enough snow in areas to have groomed resulting in some awesome riding.  I've been lucky enough to have made 6 weekend trips so far, am able to ride these next 2 weekends if the snow will hold up in the NEK particularly in Orleans county.  Have been riding out towards Jay and the snow was real good, out to Derby was ok.  Monday and Tuesday were cold, what's the weather look like to the weekend?  

Pretty much cold temps through Sunday. Looks like a warm up next week. We may see the fat lady sing for lower elevations next week. 

4 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

We've picked up about 3" of new snow today and it is still lightly falling.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for all this info! 

Pulled the scratchers off the sled a couple weeks ago because they were falling off the rail and were throwing up a lot of dust (people behind me were complaining), was going to relocate them on the rail this weekend figuring I might need them but I might be able to hold off now and do it over the summer.

• Like 1

Rode today from N Concord 102-114 to IP, had lunch at Kingdom Cafe then 114-58-5 back to truck. Snow conditions were excellent except for a bit around the Burke Villages and in/out of IP, snirt and ice that will be in trouble next week.  Cold and very windy with snow squalls that made for some poor visibility. Unloaded sled and discovered a broken sway bar, that made for some interesting handling. 

https://bnc.lt/RFZm/rfIpGulgoeb

• Like 1

Road from northern Irasburg out to Jay area again, groomers are doing the best they can with what’s left and it was appreciated as conditions were good. 
Tried riding northeast on Sunday and trails were rough. Was told that from Island Pond east the conditions were good, guys I were riding with wanted to turn and go back west so that’s what we did. 
packing up tomorrow for the season, had 7 good weekends. 

• Like 1