Arctic Cat 2022 big huge enormous gigantic mind blowing release... March 3rd

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

God I feel sorry for any diehard that was thinking Cat was holding something back to unveil as a surprise.  Disappointment isn't even the word to describe it ... I'd call it flat out ANGER at this point.  "We've got a 5 year plan" ... seriously?  WTF does that do for guys with 7000 miles on their sled and wanting to stay with Cat, like my buddy?  If selling Blasts and power steering equipped Thundercats are what they're banking on for the next 5 years they may as well close up shop now.  Hell, I'm not even a Cat guy ... although I still have some green blood in me ... and this pisses ME off :finger2:

Jim Ramstad... and I'll just leave it at that.  :lol2:

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

It's bad for the sport no matter how you look at it.  Two major's competing is not a pretty scenario and as we have already seen prices in this type of environment are going to just keep going higher and higher.

The dipshits in charge spending more time talking about themselves than about their product.  Just fucking insane.  When the expansion of an overpriced model is looked at as good news then the brand has definitely skipped rock bottom and has entered the abyss.

but now we all get sleds that start at $14K msrp with a few decent options, and $1804 in accessories.

curious where they price their stuff... remember the Generic Branded shit of the 70's & 80's?   feels that way now - one will say Trail, another Crossover and the one in the tall can says Mountain.  makes me sad.

1 minute ago, Legend said:

The real question is, when will Textron dump the sled division?

What will Yamahaha do then? 

nope, they will milk every last cent out of it possible first 

58e4808aa5a46.image.gif

Cat needs a major powersports company to buy them out.  If it's Kawi maybe they develop a version of their 2 stroke hybrid engine they patented last year and put it in an Arctic Cat branded sled. 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Jim Ramstad... and I'll just leave it at that.  :lol2:

but now we all get sleds that start at $14K msrp with a few decent options, and $1804 in accessories.

curious where they price their stuff... remember the Generic Branded shit of the 70's & 80's?   feels that way now - one will say Trail, another Crossover and the one in the tall can says Mountain.  makes me sad.

nope, they will milk every last cent out of it possible first 

58e4808aa5a46.image.gif

Not sure how much long the cow will be producing.... 

TBH I dont even know where the nearest Cat dealer is? And I live in SE WI. 

And I see very few AC sleds out west, even with the Alpha that was supposed to be the next big thing. 

I dont really trail ride much anymore, but the few times I was able to ride from home this year, I didn't see hardly any trail AC either. 

I would hate to see them go away. Poo and Doo will just build shittier shit for more $$$$$$.

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

As @mnstang said cat “diehards” pissed about textron owning cat makes absolutely no fucking sense to me. Arctic cat was out of business, they were completely fucked and now they’re at a “sustainable” place. Now they have the ability to A- still be a company and brand and B- maybe come out with some new shit in the next couple of years.

“Textron put polaris out of business when they owned them.” Yea after 13(ish) years of ownership and arctic cat put themselves out of business at the same time you goofy bastards.

I’m calling my dealer and ordering my 22 RR tomorrow, it’s still the best sled for me and I’ve rode them all. I don’t need a fancy new gauge or a new set of plastics and different part numbers on old shit wrapped up in a “new chassis” to make me know what I like in a sled for my riding style.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Im borderline myself, and i feel wrong even sitting on another brand.

JHFC. If this happens.......

22 hours ago, mnstang said:

A real die hard wouldn't bitch about it.  By definition, they cannot be a die hard.  

Your 720 is not a Suzuki, sorry.

I don't see why you people care so fucking much about what cat is doing.  If you don't like the sleds, don't fucking buy them.  But why bitch about them then?  Just buy something else!  Do you know how many things in this world I don't buy because I don't like it or have no use for it?  For fuck sake.  Get over it.  If you think cat sucks that's great, why do you have to talk about it all day?  Do you just like to focus on negative shit or what?

It is what it is and they are what they are.

I already know the response.. "because I want to see cat do good".  Which is a bullshit emotional response.  Just like whatever you like.  If you think a brp or a Polaris is cool, just like whatever you think is cool.  

Take it easy sunshine. No one cares about Cat anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

As @mnstang said cat “diehards” pissed about textron owning cat makes absolutely no fucking sense to me. Arctic cat was out of business, they were completely fucked and now they’re at a “sustainable” place. Now they have the ability to A- still be a company and brand and B- maybe come out with some new shit in the next couple of years.

“Textron put polaris out of business when they owned them.” Yea after 13(ish) years of ownership and arctic cat put themselves out of business at the same time you goofy bastards.

I’m calling my dealer and ordering my 22 RR tomorrow, it’s still the best sled for me and I’ve rode them all. I don’t need a fancy new gauge or a new set of plastics and different part numbers on old shit wrapped up in a “new chassis” to make me know what I like in a sled for my riding style.

curious, where's your dealer at in NY?  Buddy just told me there's none near his camp anymore, and he claims a big dealer out near Rochester told textron to shove it up their ass.  This isn't a good sitiation.  He's going to ski-doo next year, and he's never owned anything other than cat for the past 25 years.

Edited by hayward

My goto Cat dealer dumped them 4 years ago over warranty reimbursement issues.  Keep hearing that same thing, along with not being able to get parts, but not sure if reimbursement for service work is still a major issue or not.   

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

looking forward to the 70th and the same shit...  

That's pretty damn optimistic.

24 minutes ago, Legend said:

The real question is, when will Textron dump the sled division?

What will Yamahaha do then? 

I would bet as soon as they are in the red for a quarter, two tops, they pull the plug.

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

curious, where's your dealer at in NY?  Buddy just told me there's none near his camp anymore, and he claims a big dealer out near Rochester told textron to shove it up their ass.  This isn't a good sitiation.  He's going to ski-doo next year, and he's never owned anything other than cat for the past 25 years.

Where’s your buddies place I bet I can find him one easily. I drive past 2 to go to my dealer thats an hour away (other 2 are 20 and 30 minutes away). There’s about 10 within 70 miles of me. 

The dealer didn’t tell textron to pack it up their ass he just wanted to save face as an underperforming dealer.

5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

JHFC. If this happens.......

Take it easy sunshine. No one cares about Cat anymore. 

The fact that everyone that rides every brand has to talk about them 24/7 begs to differ.

12 minutes ago, Legend said:

Not sure how much long the cow will be producing.... 

TBH I dont even know where the nearest Cat dealer is? And I live in SE WI. 

And I see very few AC sleds out west, even with the Alpha that was supposed to be the next big thing. 

I dont really trail ride much anymore, but the few times I was able to ride from home this year, I didn't see hardly any trail AC either. 

I would hate to see them go away. Poo and Doo will just build shittier shit for more $$$$$$.

Road Track & Trail is a huge A/C mover in your neck of the woods.  I bought my 2010 SP5 with 600 miles on it from them in 2017? and they were great to work with.  they even have some rare iron on display and a #68 race sled there... for now.

10 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

honesty/loyalty - admirable.

you are one of the last remaining few

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

I'm curious to hear what @taperk600is going to Doo... ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

Where’s your buddies place I bet I can find him one easily. I drive past 2 to go to my dealer thats an hour away (other 2 are 20 and 30 minutes away). There’s about 10 within 70 miles of me. 

The dealer didn’t tell textron to pack it up their ass he just wanted to save face as an underperforming dealer.

The fact that everyone that rides every brand has to talk about them 24/7 begs to differ.

Actually most of the people “talking about them” are the Cat faithful. I literally could gaf less what Cat comes out with, what they do or what they become. 

And where was early Snowmageddon?  They spent enough time talking about how that was going to be a major advantage over the competition.

Given the fact that there was zero new shit for 22' there was also no reason not to have an early Snowmageddon and they canned it.  Tells me early orders for 21's were shit so they decided there was no reason to let the no new cat out of the bag early this time around.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Dude please don't make us feel like you're a relation to that Ramstad guy ... quotes like this one, don't help!! LOL

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Road Track & Trail is a huge A/C mover in your neck of the woods.  I bought my 2010 SP5 with 600 miles on it from them in 2017? and they were great to work with.  they even have some rare iron on display and a #68 race sled there... for now.

honesty/loyalty - admirable.

you are one of the last remaining few

I'm curious to hear what @taperk600is going to Doo... ;)

I already know what I would ride if cat was gone or they came out with something new and I hated it. Like I said the chassis working best for me and my riding style is the number one reason for me, but an amazing dealer and the luck I’ve had with all my cats is another factor. I also could give 2 flying fucks about a gauge/gps, maybe me and my buddies are old school but the only plan we make for riding is what trail system/meet up spot we’re going to. Go out ride our sleds and when it’s time to get heading back to the truck we look for trail signs pointing to places that we know are the right way. Hardly ever use a map. This has also turned into some 300+ mile days but thats what snowmobiling is about o us. This will be my 5th procross sled and I’m not disappointed about it at all. I can see Tom being upset since he’s on like his 37th or something but most “cat diehards” that bitch are on 17 and older sleds and don’t even realize how different the 20+ and even 18+ are from their sleds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Dude please don't make us feel like you're a relation to that Ramstad guy ... quotes like this one, don't help!! LOL

I’m not saying it like they’re the end all be all of snowmobiles lol I think ramstads an idiot too so I’m sorry if I sounded like him 😂. I’m just saying more people pay attention and put more emotion into cats reveal every year than anyone else’s.

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That's pretty damn optimistic.

I would bet as soon as they are in the red for a quarter, two tops, they pull the plug.

optimism is all some of us have left man... the last few years I've felt like a cheerleader for Bolens, Rupp or Scorpion.   hell, at this point I wish John Deere would buy them out, because Liquifire!  :lol2:

see Best Handling: https://snowgoer.com/snowmobiles/snow-goers-1982-shoot-out/2496/

14 minutes ago, jdsky said:

My goto Cat dealer dumped them 4 years ago over warranty reimbursement issues.  Keep hearing that same thing, along with not being able to get parts, but not sure if reimbursement for service work is still a major issue or not.   

Greg B's RR has been sitting at his dealer waiting for chassis parts a long time, and nothing.  Customer service, parts availability and the way the Textron supply chain works (even without Covid in the mix) is god awful.  Amazing though how the same parts he needs are being used to produce 2022 demo sleds showing up at dealers.  Of all the things that I personally find as a consumer that's a big turn off is customer service and parts availability.  Textron has laid a giant turd in this department.

10 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I already know what I would ride if cat was gone or they came out with something new and I hated it. Like I said the chassis working best for me and my riding style is the number one reason for me, but an amazing dealer and the luck I’ve had with all my cats is another factor. I also could give 2 flying fucks about a gauge/gps, maybe me and my buddies are old school but the only plan we make for riding is what trail system/meet up spot we’re going to. Go out ride our sleds and when it’s time to get heading back to the truck we look for trail signs pointing to places that we know are the right way. Hardly ever use a map. This has also turned into some 300+ mile days but thats what snowmobiling is about o us. This will be my 5th procross sled and I’m not disappointed about it at all. I can see Tom being upset since he’s on like his 37th or something but most “cat diehards” that bitch are on 17 and older sleds and don’t even realize how different the 20+ and even 18+ are from their sleds.

Well said.  And I will add that racing results don't lie.  Those xc sleds are not far off from production.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’m not saying it like they’re the end all be all of snowmobiles lol I think ramstads an idiot too so I’m sorry if I sounded like him 😂. I’m just saying more people pay attention and put more emotion into cats reveal every year than anyone else’s.

I feel that's because even those who aren't loyal to Cat and those who are WISH there will be a next BIG FUCKING THING from Arctic Cat - which in their history they have produced.  yet they didn't even produce an exciting crate for the 2022's...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I feel that's because even those who aren't loyal to Cat and those who are WISH there will be a next BIG FUCKING THING from Arctic Cat - which in their history they have produced.  yet they didn't even produce an exciting crate for the 2022's...

I agree with that for sure, people look to them to see what’s coming next. Its not like I was pumped to see nothing new but I don’t see it as such a huge deal like some others do. I think after 2021 and hopefully this year they’ll be at the point as a company that textron will either sell them to the next guy (as a company finally in the black) or they’ll decide it’s time to make something of it. Or they’ll go out and I’ll put all my different 90s cat leathers I have on eBay and pay cash for my new XCR. Fuck ski doo either way.

32 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

The southern part of the hill.  He drives 4 hours to get there late on a Friday night, so I can see his point, he doesn't want to go much further to pick a sled up or get parts.  

Is that small dealer still in business on Rt. 12 ?   I forget the name of the town it's near, but it's south of Utica a bit.

If Cat would just be better than the rest for parts availability, people would care a lot less what style sleds they came out with every year.

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I agree with that for sure, people look to them to see what’s coming next. Its not like I was pumped to see nothing new but I don’t see it as such a huge deal like some others do. I think after 2021 and hopefully this year they’ll be at the point as a company that textron will either sell them to the next guy (as a company finally in the black) or they’ll decide it’s time to make something of it. Or they’ll go out and I’ll put all my different 90s cat leathers I have on eBay and pay cash for my new XCR. Fuck ski doo either way.

Absolutely on the bold.  Absofuckinglutely!

• Like 1

So I was working but I tuned in about 20 minutes late.  But I caught the riots, t cat, alphas, and blasts.  Did they even talk about the ZR?  

Also what's the deal with the clutch?  Is it a cvtech powerblock or at least that style?  That might be a cool upgrade for guys with team clutches, if it's cheaper.  Does anyone know who makes it?  Hopefully it's a usa product?  Or at least Canada.  If it's China I will not be happy.

It's kind of funny in this day and age with everyone hyper sensitive about trail closures and stuff, that they chose to go with the theme of "troublemakers".  Not just for that, but I'd really like to see their marketing department.  Is it just some trf locals they found at the watering hole?  Or worse, some bullshit college educated marketing degree that doesn't really know the industry or the people that ride.  They could do so, SO much better in this area.  When they were talking about their design team, it pretty much sounded like it was one dude... FFS.

It was pretty lackluster.  Why is Brian Dick up there so much, he's an engineer, he should be engineering something.  I feel like there's alot of mis management going on there.  Leaving alot on the table.

Look at the intro videos from the 90's, that shit was HOT.  This was really boring and almost somber.  Just like, a formality.  Well another year I guess we have to do this.  Oh look 60, yay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hayward said:

The southern part of the hill.  He drives 4 hours to get there late on a Friday night, so I can see his point, he doesn't want to go much further to pick a sled up or get parts.  

Is that small dealer still in business on Rt. 12 ?   I forget the name of the town it's near, but it's south of Utica a bit.

If Cat would just be better than the rest for parts availability, people would care a lot less what style sleds they came out with every year.

Sun and snow recreation right in Utica is where I go. There isn’t a better powersports dealer that I’ve ever been to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Sun and snow recreation right in Utica is where I go. There isn’t a better powersports dealer that I’ve ever been to.

I've heard of them but was never there.  He's on the west side over around Cedar Pines so it's a bit out of his way getting over there.  Maybe deep down he just wanted a change, who knows.  I'd a liked to see him go to Polaris but everybody else that shows up and rides with him has ski-doo so maybe that swayed him.

• Like 1