Arctic Cat 2022 big huge enormous gigantic mind blowing release... March 3rd

52 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm so tired of people blaming Textron for any cat frustrations.  The modern day boogeyman apparently.  Because cat was doing just awesome as a company when Textron bought them.

Cat was at least a snowmobile company led by snowmobile people. That is no longer the case

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

What have they done?  Textron acquired cat Jan 25th 2017.

Here's some things that has happened since.  Ctec 800.  Alpha.  2020 new front end.  Riot/x.  Blast.  And the other year to year refinements like new handlebar setup, cf TCL, etc.  

Shouldn't you be trying to list good things?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

What have they done?  Textron acquired cat Jan 25th 2017.

Here's some things that has happened since.  Ctec 800.  Alpha.  2020 new front end.  Riot/x.  Blast.  And the other year to year refinements like new handlebar setup, cf TCL, etc.  Oh and, kept CAT in BUSINESS.

I'm not even here to argue about the procross if you like it or not.  But to my understanding, Cat was FUCKED when Textron bought them.  And then since they haven't completely turned everything around since the acquisition, Textron is the worst ever and is the reason "cat sucks".  It's just the same stupid pile-on mob mentality that you see if you turn on the news, which I don't.

What 5 year span was worse for cat 2012-2017 or 2017-2022?  If you can be honest about that, how can you possibly blame Textron for cat's problems?  The early years of the procross was a disaster, and that is the sole reason cat is where they are today.  Once they got behind and were trying to sort that sled for years, it's hard to come back.  In my eyes I blame alot of it on that ceo they had during that time.  Was he some french canadian douche?  I forget his name.  Jean Claude?  Pierre something something?  But that's the problem with some CEOs, they maximize profits by watering down design and using china suppliers, good for a year or two before it catches up with the numbers and they bounce before the stocks go down from the quality issues catches up with final numbers.  

I'm just tired of the Textron blaming.  Is cat killing it as a company, hell no.  Do I think it's textrons fault?  No.  In my eyes cat has only been better since textron got them.  I'm not saying that is a result of textrons, who knows, but they've made better stuff.  So I just don't get it.  Cat was fucked before Textron, more fucked than right now just based on time I don't think cat would be here now if they didn't get bought.

Honestly, textron might be sitting there looking at this industry and the investment it would take to really make cat compete for market share, and the return on investment is probably just not there.  

It's just tiring, I see all the retards on the stupid fucking FB groups blaming textron all fucking day and I snapped lol.  But I stand behind everything I said if you don't agree let's hear it.  Do you think the 2012-2017 cat was better than the 2017-2021?  Pretty hard to blame textron there bud....

Well, clearly I wasn't expecting such a well thought out response.  Dammit!!! LOL

I guess I get blinded by the trail sleds seeming to be so .... stagnant, if you will.  Yes, the ctec/ctec2 has come along (wasn't that prior to Textron?) so it's not like they haven't tried to do something to appease the masses on flatland models.  I don't give 2 shits about what happens out West, so I completely took for granted the Alpha, which really was something new.  And the Riot ... I dunno, I have kind of a shitty taste in my mouth with that one based on my buddy's experience with his.  But like everything, there's way more good ones than bad ones.

And yeah, you're right ... if Cat wasn't run into the ground by that stupid Claude dude, Textron wouldn't have had to come to the rescue.  I think it's just easier to blame who's manning the ship now when every new release feels like it's getting more and more Ho-Hum for the guys on ZR's .... well, other than Ramstad!!  :lol:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Cat was at least a snowmobile company led by snowmobile people. That is no longer the case

They were being led into the grave.

Which might still be the case.  But Textron at least delayed it.

I agree cat was a cooler company on their own, but they died.  This is what's left.  Textron is the result, not the cause.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Well, clearly I wasn't expecting such a well thought out response.  Dammit!!! LOL

I guess I get blinded by the trail sleds seeming to be so .... stagnant, if you will.  Yes, the ctec/ctec2 has come along (wasn't that prior to Textron?) so it's not like they haven't tried to do something to appease the masses on flatland models.  I don't give 2 shits about what happens out West, so I completely took for granted the Alpha, which really was something new.  And the Riot ... I dunno, I have kind of a shitty taste in my mouth with that one based on my buddy's experience with his.  But like everything, there's way more good ones than bad ones.

And yeah, you're right ... if Cat wasn't run into the ground by that stupid Claude dude, Textron wouldn't have had to come to the rescue.  I think it's just easier to blame who's manning the ship now when every new release feels like it's getting more and more Ho-Hum for the guys on ZR's .... well, other than Ramstad!!  :lol:

Dude, that was just an incoherent rant that I couldn't type fast enough to get it out lol.

I think most of us are coming from the same place.  Yes it's be sweet if cat did something to blow our doors off.  I don't see it happening though.  All good things come to an end, maybe this is the end for cat.  I'm not buying a new sled anyway.  I'm perfectly happy with fooling around on all my old sleds that you guys like to make fun of, if I can ride these things the rest of my days, I'm good.  Should I go into how cool my new $300 340 puma 2 up/mini bearcat is?  Believe me, I can and will.  Sadly, I'm not joking lol

PXL_20210227_190847194.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-000327.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mnstang said:

A real die hard wouldn't bitch about it.  By definition, they cannot be a die hard.  

Your 720 is not a Suzuki, sorry.

I don't see why you people care so fucking much about what cat is doing.  If you don't like the sleds, don't fucking buy them.  But why bitch about them then?  Just buy something else!  Do you know how many things in this world I don't buy because I don't like it or have no use for it?  For fuck sake.  Get over it.  If you think cat sucks that's great, why do you have to talk about it all day?  Do you just like to focus on negative shit or what?

It is what it is and they are what they are.

I already know the response.. "because I want to see cat do good".  Which is a bullshit emotional response.  Just like whatever you like.  If you think a brp or a Polaris is cool, just like whatever you think is cool.  

You literally asked Cat guys why they care so much about what Cat is doing???  WTF kind of question is that?!!!!!!!!!!

If no one cared they wouldn't be hoping for Cat to come out with something good every year.

Do you frikn understand Cat has had probably the most loyal customer base next to John Deere for the last 60 years?!!

Currently Textron is fucking that up and some of us are not happy about it.  How is that so hard to understand???

Do you think Cat loyalists just sit mindfully with no opinion about what the brand they love should do??

Your rant above was the stupidest thing someone has said on here.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, cats19 said:

You literally asked Cat guys why they care so much about what Cat is doing???  WTF kind of question is that?!!!!!!!!!!

If no one cared they wouldn't be hoping for Cat to come out with something good every year.

Do you frikn understand Cat has had probably the most loyal customer base next to John Deere for the last 60 years?!!

Currently Textron is fucking that up and some of us are not happy about it.  How is that so hard to understand???

Do you think Cat loyalists just sit mindfully with no opinion about what the brand they love should do??

Your rant above was the stupidest thing someone has said on here.  

You don't sound very brand loyal.  Get over it.  Pick the best sled no matter what color it is you midget.

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You don't sound very brand loyal.  Get over it.  Pick the best sled no matter what color it is you midget.

lmao.  won't ride another brand.

but I don't sit idly by and say "all hail textron" as you do.  

brand loyal in your mind is don't criticize.  not a sheeple sorry.

58 minutes ago, cats19 said:

lmao.  won't ride another brand.

but I don't sit idly by and say "all hail textron" as you do.  

brand loyal in your mind is don't criticize.  not a sheeple sorry.

Criticize all you want.  But if you blame it on Textron and not cat, you are retarded.  Cat got to exactly where they're at all on their own

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, mnstang said:

A real die hard wouldn't bitch about it.  By definition, they cannot be a die hard.  

I don't see why you people care so fucking much about what cat is doing.  If you don't like the sleds, don't fucking buy them.  But why bitch about them then?  Just buy something else!  Do you know how many things in this world I don't buy because I don't like it or have no use for it?  For fuck sake.  Get over it.  If you think cat sucks that's great, why do you have to talk about it all day?  Do you just like to focus on negative shit or what?

I already know the response.. "because I want to see cat do good".  Which is a bullshit emotional response.  Just like whatever you like.  If you think a brp or a Polaris is cool, just like whatever you think is cool.  

So that’s how a Cat loyalist takes away the green blinders from a cat rider......

Edited by sno_mo_racer

16 hours ago, mnstang said:

Sorry, double post. (Had to say it twice)😂🤣

Edited by sno_mo_racer

Blame Cat sure.  They fucked up big time...but Textron hasn't done what all of us want to see most.  They have given no one hope they will do the right thing.  Obviously besides hope they have to follow through, but instead they are pushing the persona of being the value player in the industry which no one wants to see.

...or perhaps it is more than BNG on a 2012 with a shit ass Ctec motor?  They are going BIG!

s8mwUlt.png

Lol that was lackluster at best.  Yikes, not looking good.  The graphics suck too, that orange cream riot x???

At least they expanded the blast lineup.....

God I feel sorry for any diehard that was thinking Cat was holding something back to unveil as a surprise.  Disappointment isn't even the word to describe it ... I'd call it flat out ANGER at this point.  "We've got a 5 year plan" ... seriously?  WTF does that do for guys with 7000 miles on their sled and wanting to stay with Cat, like my buddy?  If selling Blasts and power steering equipped Thundercats are what they're banking on for the next 5 years they may as well close up shop now.  Hell, I'm not even a Cat guy ... although I still have some green blood in me ... and this pisses ME off :finger2:

• Like 1

It's bad for the sport no matter how you look at it.  Two major's competing is not a pretty scenario and as we have already seen prices in this type of environment are going to just keep going higher and higher.

The dipshits in charge spending more time talking about themselves than about their product.  Just fucking insane.  When the expansion of an overpriced model is looked at as good news then the brand has definitely skipped rock bottom and has entered the abyss.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 10:47 PM, mnstang said:

Some sweet ass nos 50th decals with custom sharpie mods to make them 60th decals

lol, like a hurricane map

22 hours ago, mnstang said:

I beg to differ, I opened a f'load of gaskets, seals, bearings and odd's-n-end's with Suzuki labels during the rebuild.   

21 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Zero chance of me on a Yamaha, other than a real srx or something vintage. 

not even while singing on top a piano, in a smoky hotel lounge?  disappointing...

21 hours ago, Tommcat said:

I read on Arctic Insider in the comments the head of AC marketing lives in Georgia 12 months of the year... and is likely not a snowmobilist.

I felt bad for Halvorson and Dick watching as much of the presentation as I could tolerate before shutting it off.  Hope Roger Skime got a big fat paycheck for his appearance.  

MNStang is right though, Textron bailed out a company headed to Chapter 11 - but, what have they done with it that makes the Cat fanatical run to their closest dealer (that hasn't dropped Cat or been cut off) - sure there was some new tech like the Alpha and Ctech 800 but that was developed long before they took the reigns.  Textron is a corporation with a lot of bean counters, and from personal experience 'big things' rarely come out of corporations with more bean counters and marketing people than passionate fanatics who don't care or understand how the bottom line works.

14 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Lol that was lackluster at best.  Yikes, not looking good.  The graphics suck too, that orange cream riot x???

At least they expanded the blast lineup.....

as mentioned above, I just stopped watching it as frankly it was agonizing.

looking forward to the 70th and the same shit...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

The real question is, when will Textron dump the sled division?

What will Yamahaha do then? 

I'm sure it's 100% rumor ... but it was fun to read (and of course now I can't find it).  But I'll sum it up with one word ..... Kawasaki 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Bontz said:

I'm sure it's 100% rumor ... but it was fun to read (and of course now I can't find it).  But I'll sum it up with one word ..... Kawasaki 

Is that the answer to both questions? I need a little more here...this aint final jeopardy!

• Haha 1