Polaris 2022 reveal

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dudes a decent wrench and tuner....he built his own 1200 and he said he’d do rods and pistons in my 1100 so I can go big turbo this summer. Seems like snow drags are catching on a bit around here

Snow drags took over everything here. They’re fun 

7 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

I do... do you even own a sled? I have both brands!

Yes, as a matter of fact I just picked up a 2002 500 XC SP last week with 711 original miles on it, nice little score for $2500. No way I'm going sledding for 2 months a year (if you're lucky) and dropping 15k+ on the current modern day junk.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yes, as a matter of fact I just picked up a 2002 500 XC SP last week with 711 original miles on it, nice little score for $2500. No way I'm going sledding for 2 months a year (if you're lucky) and dropping 15k+ on the current modern day junk.

all the modern junk thats 1000x better to ride than that 2002 POS.  SMH

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Oldest I'd go for a primary sled would be around the '07 '08 700 CFI in the IQ chassis.  I had an '07 and that thing was just a phenomenal sled.  Not a lot in the way of suspension changes from that sled to the current Matryx other than updated shocks.

You couldn't pay me to ride an Edge again though.  I hated that sled with it's stupid falling rate front suspension.  Nice ride in stutter bumps, but a terrible sled to ride aggressively.  Tiniest mid-corner undulation would have the inside ski lifting unpredictably, and it wasn't just a little ski lift.  Once it started, it went all the way up because of the falling rate BS on the other side.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Try English you retard cum dumpster 

But you’re so fluent at it.......tell us more. 

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oldest I'd go for a primary sled would be around the '07 '08 700 CFI in the IQ chassis.  I had an '07 and that thing was just a phenomenal sled.  Not a lot in the way of suspension changes from that sled to the current Matryx other than updated shocks.

You couldn't pay me to ride an Edge again though.  I hated that sled with it's stupid falling rate front suspension.  Nice ride in stutter bumps, but a terrible sled to ride aggressively.  Tiniest mid-corner undulation would have the inside ski lifting unpredictably, and it wasn't just a little ski lift.  Once it started, it went all the way up because of the falling rate BS on the other side.

Eh. The Edge wasn’t nearly as bad as its competition, IMO. 

My 600 HO Fusion cooling system pisses me off still to this day but if I get 500 miles of trail riding in a year, that’s a lot for me, so as much as I would love to buy a newer trail sled, I just keep riding this old dinosaur. Hell this year, it got 30 miles on it. Work has kept me stupid busy and the snow was hit or miss. Only rode my RMK twice this year, as well. Sure glad I’m not sitting on a $16k sled for rides like that. 

46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Not for the money it's not and certainly not for 2 months out of the year. I took my sons 2020 Poo 800 XC 137 for a ride and it was nice but not 12K+ nice. Oh and btw :bigfinger: Fireball. 

20 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

polaris knocked it out of the park,  they should take #1 market share in 2022.  Turbo RMK,  matryx across the board.   I'm shopping an XCR 137 850 against a Lynx Rave and an XRS gade.   Have a feeling the polaris will win.  i loved the matryx chassis

My buddy has a 137 VR1. He loves it but he said he road his buddy’s 2021 mxzx and said the rmotion rides a million times better than vr1 rear skid. I love the 136 xcr matrix I’m just not sure I want to give up the Rmotion. I already snow-checked a yellow and black xrs gade with smart shocks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

My buddy has a 137 VR1. He loves it but he said he road his buddy’s 2021 mxzx and said the rmotion rides a million times better than vr1 rear skid. I love the 136 xcr matrix I’m just not sure I want to give up the Rmotion. I already snow-checked a yellow and black xrs gade with smart shocks. 

Unless it’s an XRS, I’ve never been that impressed with an rMotion, personally. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Unless it’s an XRS, I’ve never been that impressed with an rMotion, personally. :dunno:

I had an base model in 13 it was the plushest sled ive ever owed but it didn’t take the big bumps. I bought an X in 15 and ended up putting kyb40 xrs shocks on it and then had those revalved by monster. My 19 Xrs gade was revalved before I road it by monster. I was in the kewennaw the last two days and i road from greenland to copper harbor. The trails were a disgrace from the mosquito in to just north of Houghton. I was waiting for my buddy 10 minutes at a time at each stop sign. My sled ran the bumps well. But it was so bad it was dangerous in many spots. I’m curious how an xrc would handle that kind of mess

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

That's definitely true.

But if you're doing 1000 miles a year WGAF.

A little slower, a little rougher, harder on fuel, carbs. But way cheaper and without huge investment.

28 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I had an base model in 13 it was the plushest sled ive ever owed but it didn’t take the big bumps. I bought an X in 15 and ended up putting kyb40 xrs shocks on it and then had those revalved by monster. My 19 Xrs gade was revalved before I road it by monster. I was in the kewennaw the last two days and i road from greenland to copper harbor. The trails were a disgrace from the mosquito in to just north of Houghton. I was waiting for my buddy 10 minutes at a time at each stop sign. My sled ran the bumps well. But it was so bad it was dangerous in many spots. I’m curious how an xrc would handle that kind of mess

In shelled out shit, the XRS is definitely at home. It’s no wonder how people hurt/kill themselves on those sleds. The harder you beat them, the better they seem. Pro X Baler felt similar to me in the same sort of stuff. Haven’t ridden a modern XCR but I hear that after a little setup help, they can be similar but your results may vary. I try not to ride trails like that anymore. Hell I try not to trail ride period but if the wife and/or her family want to ride, that’s the only way we are going. I do still have a few buds that just trail ride but they are literally in it just to bar hop so I skip out on that when at all possible. 

• Like 1