Where the fuck is Zambroski??

2 hours ago, Tommcat said:

the 20 somethings coming into the business can barely change oil without fucking it up. 

Some good, some bad here. Actually, we have more 30-50 year olds that are bigger hacks than the current crop of 20 somethings. They canned our old boss this past week and moved in an old school guy who’s been around for a long time. I’ve talked to a bunch of guys that have worked for him and they loved him but say he doesn’t take kindly to fuck ups. Maybe we can thin the heard of idiots out of this place yet. Guys making 6 digits a year that couldn’t make a sandwich. I get sick of making less than them and constantly having to fix their fuck ups on top of getting all of the big jobs. Thankfully if I ever did get the axe from my current place, my skill set and work ethic will get me by just fine. These hacks would be fucked. 

3 hours ago, Tommcat said:

the 20 somethings coming into the business can barely change oil without fucking it up. 

This trend has been going on for some time now in all of motorsports.  It's a big reason why we are all getting extended warranties and huge increases in prices.  It's just sad but, it's the trend the OEM's have caught onto.  Nobody wants to work with their hands anymore...mostly out of self acknowledged ineptness. 

Sad state of affairs in sledding for sure though.  Where it is pretty fucking important to know at least basic mechanical skills out there.  

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This trend has been going on for some time now in all of motorsports.  It's a big reason why we are all getting extended warranties and huge increases in prices.  It's just sad but, it's the trend the OEM's have caught onto.  Nobody wants to work with their hands anymore...mostly out of self acknowledged ineptness. 

Sad state of affairs in sledding for sure though.  Where it is pretty fucking important to know at least basic mechanical skills out there.  

weren't you the most clueless when it came to fixing stuff

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Some good, some bad here. Actually, we have more 30-50 year olds that are bigger hacks than the current crop of 20 somethings. They canned our old boss this past week and moved in an old school guy who’s been around for a long time. I’ve talked to a bunch of guys that have worked for him and they loved him but say he doesn’t take kindly to fuck ups. Maybe we can thin the heard of idiots out of this place yet. Guys making 6 digits a year that couldn’t make a sandwich. I get sick of making less than them and constantly having to fix their fuck ups on top of getting all of the big jobs. Thankfully if I ever did get the axe from my current place, my skill set and work ethic will get me by just fine. These hacks would be fucked. 

it's surprisingly easy to work yourself as a mechanic. find the cheapest shop in your area, and charge 10% less than them. stop being a little bitch and stand up for yourself in the shop, tell them to pay you more or to at least gain authority over the hacks

22 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

you don't even have an american socket set or wrenches. you're one of those "my crescent wrench fits them all" fucking derps

I have 2 sets of adjustable wrenches.  One metric, one imperial.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I have 2 sets of adjustable wrenches.  One metric, one imperial.

You'll never be Alsled with those rookie numbers. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...cool as fuck.  I'd love to have one. 

We bought a 4 spindle moulder as well. Hoping to have that set up by late summer. We have close to 100 cord to saw right now

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

You'll never be Alsled with those rookie numbers. :lol:

I try to be realistic in my goals.  Didn't he have like a dozen adjustbles hanging in one of his pics?  I mean....LOL.  WTF for two reasons:

1.) Why do you have that many fucking crescents and, 

2,) Why are they seemingly hanging there for easy access?  How often do you fucking use these things?

:lol: 

Poor guy, he should have just had the anal lube in the background instead.  He'd have caught way less shit.  :lmao: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

E406E36B-752D-4C9C-A8CD-2C662AE09765.jpeg

Bad ass!! 

If you ever need anything for that honda motor (highly doubtful), chain saw related, or Harvester related holler at me

44 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Bad ass!! 

If you ever need anything for that honda motor (highly doubtful), chain saw related, or Harvester related holler at me

Will do

By 18 you should be an undocumented millrite and heavy equipment operator with a pretty good understanding of engines and electrical 

Edited by ACE

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Tommcat said:

The problem is most think they are some kind of automotive prodigy there first week on the job or they are lazy as fuck. We got a 18yr old dope shadowing us seasoned techs now at the shop. He is the absolute laziest mother fucker I’ve run into always on his phone, running to dunkins anything to not work. He knows a very small tiny amount about body repairs but thinks he knows and seen everything. He also thinks he deserves top pay with a month on the job as a apprentice. Doubt he’ll make it just like the few others before him we have had but we shall see maybe he’ll smarten up and start paying attention to the guys that know what the hell there doing. Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

The problem is most think they are some kind of automotive prodigy there first week on the job or they are lazy as fuck. We got a 18yr old dope shadowing us seasoned techs now at the shop. He is the absolute laziest mother fucker I’ve run into always on his phone, running to dunkins anything to not work. He knows a very small tiny amount about body repairs but thinks he knows and seen everything. He also thinks he deserves top pay with a month on the job as a apprentice. Doubt he’ll make it just like the few others before him we have had but we shall see maybe he’ll smarten up and start paying attention to the guys that know what the hell there doing. Time will tell.

TLDR faggot