Where the fuck is Zambroski??

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Don’t do the tool truck thing. Bad deal there. 

Flat rate body guys that I’ve worked with would sit home for anything less than 100 hours in a 40 hour work week. 

Gave up flat rate 14 years ago. Make more money now than I ever did flat rate but my hourly rate back then wasn’t nearly what some are paying nowadays. I make the same as most guys busting ass on flat rate in my area currently so no complaints on my end. 

Where is this area your in? Hourly shops don’t pay shit around here from what I’ve seen in the body shop world anyways. I could drive little more and be closer to Boston and make more but not worth it to me.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Where is this area your in? Hourly shops don’t pay shit around here from what I’ve seen in the body shop world anyways. I could drive little more and be closer to Boston and make more but not worth it to me.

Michigan. I don’t work in a general repair shop or dealer anymore though. A little higher up the chain than that. 

13 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

lol just kidding, i can get you a diagram from all the gasket/points

I’m just gonna keep oil in it and then trade it in on a newer one this fall. We only use it once it a while for towing heavy

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m just gonna keep oil in it and then trade it in on a newer one this fall. We only use it once it a while for towing heavy

dont. the 7.3 powerstroke was the only good one ever made. it's the only one ford fags can genuinely brag about owning. is it 4 wheel drive?

17 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

dont. the 7.3 powerstroke was the only good one ever made. it's the only one ford fags can genuinely brag about owning. is it 4 wheel drive?

No it’s 2 wheel....I’m gonna trade it on another 7.3 .......likely a 450 crew 4x4

Just now, FrankieJames7 said:

get a k30 and build up the 454. the only thing ford does better is the high pinion dana 60

I have a Chevy 3500 dually with a 6.0 for towing the light stuff. 

4 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

chevy only made cars after 1991. a square k30 is a man's truck

That may be....but I need a cab and chassis truck for towing skid steers and the 450 for excavators 

7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I think I need to move higher up the chain then lol.

Dying breed. 40% of the guys I currently work with are retiring in the next 3 years. 60% in the next 5. There is no plan to replace any of them. Just hoping I can get another 15 years out of it, right now. I feel bad for the 20 somethings that they just hired in the last few years that wanted to make a career out of this because it’s highly likely that it won’t happen. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Dying breed. 40% of the guys I currently work with are retiring in the next 3 years. 60% in the next 5. There is no plan to replace any of them. Just hoping I can get another 15 years out of it, right now. I feel bad for the 20 somethings that they just hired in the last few years that wanted to make a career out of this because it’s highly likely that it won’t happen. 

the 20 somethings coming into the business can barely change oil without fucking it up. 

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

That may be....but I need a cab and chassis truck for towing skid steers and the 450 for excavators 

What are you doing with that equipment?

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

What are you doing with that equipment?

Renting it part time and using it at our sawmill part time. Bought the track steer brand new a few months ago and we pick up the excavator Tuesday and it has 27 hrs on the clock

Just now, f7ben said:

Renting it part time and using it at our sawmill part time. Bought the track steer brand new a few months ago and we pick up the excavator Tuesday and it has 27 hrs on the clock

Sawmill?