Yamaha Sidewinder

Yamadoo

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

What did I do to get the car to 430 hp?  I bought it..... Lol.   Completely stock.  Unlike Tim, I feel no compelling reason to 'charge it..... as I'm quite comfortable with my small willy. 

What is your "track car", lastzrt?  Incidentally, the class leading cars there are modded Integras, etc...... ricers.  The DDT is too small for more long-legged cars to have any advantage (Vettes, Vipers, most stock Italian/German stuff).  The big track is another matter....

Here's one in the older car on the big track.  Parade laps only though, however....... :(

Mosport 2007.JPG

Was your girl friend driving?...I see you were nervous chasing that C3 Vette...... :)

3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

What did I do to get the car to 430 hp?  I bought it..... Lol.   Completely stock.  Unlike Tim, I feel no compelling reason to 'charge it..... as I'm quite comfortable with my small willy. 

What is your "track car", lastzrt?  Incidentally, the class leading cars there are modded Integras, etc...... ricers.  The DDT is too small for more long-legged cars to have any advantage (Vettes, Vipers, most stock Italian/German stuff).  The big track is another matter....

Here's one in the older car on the big track.  Parade laps only though, however....... :(

So LS3 C6 ?  Evan a swinging dick like you can't not be tempted to tweak that up just a we bit?

No point really, IMO.  The car is already much better than me...... Lol  And because I'm ok with my small willy, no need for mods.  More power is always good, but I'm a big fan of stock stuff.  Just from a reliability and longevity standpoint.  Just my preference and opinion. 

I'm actually a Mopar guy (never really liked GM much), but there are no American cars comparable to late model Vettes which come close for reliability, comfort, cost, fuel economy, handling, parts pricing & availability, performance, etc.  Vipers are good performers and handlers, but fall short in all the other categories.  But I do like 'em!

Interestingly, the C5 only has 345 hp, but not a lot of difference in the handling or performance department.  But the 6 is better appointed, and the 5 has no G force accelerometers/indicators...... :)

So LS3 C6 ?  Evan a swinging dick like you can't not be tempted to tweak that up just a we bit?

You can tell that from a pic?  :) Don't know, don't care..... but for whatever reason, Ford has been building those turds with solid axles since '64 until quite recently, and a few "special" models.  Not sure why Ford doesn't build a sports car.... and the GT is hardly in the market - a bit exotic. 

I'll take a Bullitt fastback though. 

Shirley you jest, three across the front row are IRS. ;)

Edited by Puzzleboy

Lastest gen Mustang is one hell of a ride out of the box as the previous gen Boss Mustang. Same can be said for how much GM stepped up it's game with the Camaro. Biggest problem.................they cost too much freakin money. The GT is certainly not in the attainable range for the masses. Your Vettes a hell of a nice ride, considered one when I thought I was getting bored with the Cobra (mine in vid). Instead of changing cars, upped the ante with a larger blower then went nutz on suspension and brakes + a set of R Comps for the track days.  Coolest part, it's a decent lapping day ride but is just as nice for cruising and is very comfortable.......................plus it's long since paid for.   Car is terrific, just needs the driver to get more on track experience. ;)

Edited by ZRSledhead

I hear ya.  If we're honest about it, the cars are typically better than we are.  Like I said earlier, the car displays G force on the HUD in Track Mode, and around .80, I start to feel it.... and that's  on a street on ramp on street tires!  Lol  Post up a pic of that bad boy!  I know I sound anti-stang, but I just always wished Ford had built a "sports car".  And like you said, not priced like a GT.  And the sequential taillights on the new ones..... very ghey.  :)

My brother test drove a new Camaro with all the bells..... and said it still handled poorly.  They're still big, heavy, 4 seaters.  Only so much they can do I guess. 

Just re-read your post.... hadn't realized it was a vid of your car!  OK, I'll watch it now. 

12 hours ago, ZRSledhead said:

Lastest gen Mustang is one hell of a ride out of the box as the previous gen Boss Mustang. Same can be said for how much GM stepped up it's game with the Camaro. Biggest problem.................they cost too much freakin money. The GT is certainly not in the attainable range for the masses. Your Vettes a hell of a nice ride, considered one when I thought I was getting bored with the Cobra (mine in vid). Instead of changing cars, upped the ante with a larger blower then went nutz on suspension and brakes + a set of R Comps for the track days.  Coolest part, it's a decent lapping day ride but is just as nice for cruising and is very comfortable.......................plus it's long since paid for.   Car is terrific, just needs the driver to get more on track experience. ;)

The tone has really faded.....Puzzle was challenging Blackstar and others with cars that are not average Corvette's......Fords included....and so on....Puzzle I see a ton of back peddling here.  Puzzle you said you are a superior race car driver, you also challenged Blackstar to a few laps around Mosport...... to the matter at hand......Can we arrange the Mosport DTT barf-off.  A lot of back-peddling here.....get her done son.....

Edited by Poncho

Puzzler NEVER back-pedals.  Tim brought up Corvettes as he had anxiety about his small willy.  Remember - "big boy, king o' the lake sleds."  And Puzzle makes no claim as to being a superior race car driver.  LoL. 

But I am looking forward to the barf-fest!!

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

The tone has really faded.....Puzzle was challenging Blackstar and others with cars that are not average Corvette's......Fords included....and so on....Puzzle I see a ton of back peddling here.  Puzzle you said you are a superior race car driver, you also challenged Blackstar to a few laps around Mosport...... to the matter at hand......Can we arrange the Mosport DTT barf-off.  A lot of back-peddling here.....get her done son.....

On 2016-12-29 at 0:24 AM, ZRSledhead said:

Yes 99 up Cobra is IRS, the 03/04 are IRS plus factory supercharged. Anyways it's all good, summer toy makes it easier to wait for the next winter go round. 

Nice rail

My son thinks he gets my goat putting up Cobra pictures in his room because I am a GM guy.

I just like cars.

"I just like cars"

I resemble that remark as well. If my wallet would support, be a pile of rides from different mfgs in my stable. Still fortunate to have what I have so life ain't so bad.

Edited by ZRSledhead

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

BTW, interesting to hear that the turbos are falling off the Sidewinders....... Lol

Sounds like Thief River is still in control of QC, even over the powerplants. 

You better get on doo talk and read the 30 something pages on the 850 "issues". I haven't seen nothing about turbos falling off. Link?

Get back boot licking in odots thread. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Reevester said:

You better get on doo talk and read the 30 something pages on the 850 "issues". I haven't seen nothing about turbos falling off. Link?

No kidding. But 2 stroke motors blowing is nothing new.

He exaggerates. What he is referring to is the service bulletin sent out. 2 of the 3 turbo bolts were not torqued properly at the factory. Take it to the dealer and they will tighten or you can it yourself which seems to what most are doing.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/534-turbo-4-stroke/1667090-check-those-turbo-mounting-bolts.html

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

No kidding. But 2 stroke motors blowing is nothing new.

He exaggerates. What he is referring to is the service bulletin sent out. 2 of the 3 turbo bolts were not torqued properly at the factory. Take it to the dealer and they will tighten or you can it yourself which seems to what most are doing.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/534-turbo-4-stroke/1667090-check-those-turbo-mounting-bolts.html

The best part is reading all of Dennis posts on the OC about dead etecs every day. Gets back to work and there's 5 of the fucking things sitting there. Job security.

:bc:

Exaggeration?.  The bolts that hold the turbo on are falling out.... Lol.  And the SB came out after customers discovered it.  Guys have been lockwiring them or using modded bolts, as they say the SB is useless.  Nice to buy a $20,000 sled that you have to re-engineer. 

I have no doubt there are dead Etecs.  Ski-Doo sells a shitload of sleds. 

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

wow didnt know the 850 was having so much issues and is the slowest 800 class sled.  There is a 30 page thread on doo talk of a ton of sleds going sub 100 miles.  Ouch.  Gonna see some jump ship i think.  

Sub 100 miles.... Lol.  118 mph stock on radar.  And a first year engine is bound to have some issues. 

The anti-Doo sentiment is strong with you three.  When the Doos start spontaneously combusting (always a concern with any Cat), we'll be worried. 

Edited by Puzzleboy