Yamaha Sidewinder

Yamadoo

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

If Doo is what works for you, have at er....But do not be blinded or short sighted when it comes to what others have to offer. They ALL have their strengths and weakness', and thankfully we have four of them to pick from (maybe 3.5), that keeps all the others always improving the sport, that we all benefit from (I will save you the trouble & add your rebuttal, "they all are just trying to catch up to Doo")... 

I have to be honest too in regards to the resale comment, I actually do not put much or any thought into resale when I buy a toy, I buy for the fun factor primarily (i will save you the trouble again and add your rebuttal, "that is because you buy CAT"). Maybe I talk and hear from all the wrong people, or just do not pay attention much, but I think the majority of us, do not buy based on resale.

I am starting to think that you really may have been a good contestant for "Ski Doo's" NA top sledder....maybe throw your name into the hat, I am sure Jeff could give you a few pointers that you might be able to improve upon :bc: .

Like you said.... when it comes to a toy I buy what I like and don't consider resale value. I'm not really concerned after a number of years of riding fun will I get $5000 or will I get $4500. In the grand scheme of things average out that $500 difference over the years I enjoyed the ride it's nothing to even consider.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I only had to read as far as your comparing a 1200 Enduro to a Crosstek.   That's a a 130hp stock trail sled competing with a 200hp stock sled.  You might as well compare a 600 Etec.  I mean, it would take lots of money to make an Elan go 130 also..... is there a point in there somewhere?  Obviously BRP is more interested in 2 strokes in the 170 hp category, if that's your thing.  Hence the 850.  When did BRP ever claim that the 1200 was gonna be king of the lakes?  Lol  It's a reliable, torquey, refined trail sled.  Tards who boost it and are disappointed that they're beaten by Sidewinders....... are still tards.  Is your maiden name Lester..... and you have wet dreams about "mashing the fun flipper, roosting all your buds, on Kevlar Lake"?

But seems we clearly struck a nerve, given your retort.  So why haven't you bought a Sidewinder, little fella?  Can't stomach the $5000 trade in they offered you on that disappointing 2015 Cat turbo? 

Let's hope your warranty claims are true..... because at 265 hp, I'm sure a few will come apart.  If they don't catch fire first, like most Cats.  Me, I'll stick to trail snowmobiles..... you know, from that brand that sucks so bad, they're the market leader? 

"king of the lake, big boy sleds".  Did a 12 year old write that?  :lmao:  If that kind of stuff is important to you, then you clearly suffer from penis-minimus.  (And I HAVE talked to your woman..... at the sled show.) You must read the magazines every month and envy what the "big boys" ride.  Especially since they conned you into buying that Cat turbo..... Lol 

Since about 2% of all our collective riding is on a lake....... I can see why that extra $6000 is so important to you.  But wouldn't you be better off spending that $6000 with Dr. Long, and have the Addadicktome procedure done?

It's actually 2 Corvettes, thanks.  Very average, as Stoney will attest.  And I'm comfortable with my small rooster...... which is why I don't get upset and cry when I'm not the fastest on the lake.  We're sorry to hear you have that particular affliction, and we're here for you buddy. 

Tim, I think you inhaled a little too much chlorine this summer.  Not only has it shrunk your willy, obviously, but it's clearly affecting your judgement.  :)

I was only checking for price comparison. Doo doesn't list the prices for X models on their site or I would have gone X against TCat.

I hadn't considered the 850 since the 800's were slower than the old turbos and talk was that the 850's wouldn't be much up on power. The redesign was more reliability/longevity based (I wonder why). I went to Dootalk to read up on the 850 and, wow, the thread with the most pages there is about top end for the 850 (currently 4 pages). Seems the Doo boys need to know what the 850 will do down Kevlar Lake. The guy who started the thread is running an 800, his buddy has the 850 and fastest run on gps is 118mph in a bit over 2000 feet. That's impressive for a stock sled. The 800 is running a PB80, belt drive, and a 2 degree timing bump to keep up. Some guy in Quebec claims to have run his 850 at 125 with suspension/track mods.

Besides, no one seems to mod a 2-stroke for top end but plenty mod the 1200. The 1200 is a great sled but its down on power to the other manufacturers offerings.

You can try to derail this thread in any direction you want but what we were talking about was a sled that can run 132mph.

You can't do that for the same money with any other sled than the TCat/Sidewinder.

I'm sure everyone agrees with Stoney, that these are toys we have fun with. If your idea of having fun is a good resale value and the ability to work then have at it. Buy your average sled and put it next to your average Corvettes and enjoy your average life.

Personally, I like to mix things up and still watch my dollars (kinda...lol). In the last 10 years I've had a 600 Poo, a 1200 Doo, a triple Tcat, the turbo and currently have a Doo 800 for a back up.

I was offered $10g's to trade my turbo but I'm not a first year sled buyer. I'm watching how the TCat and 850 work out this year and maybe I'll trade in the spring. Maybe I'll just keep what I have. Time will tell.

I have no idea why I try to explain things to a guy who's of limited intelligence. When are you going to learn how to properly quote posts? 

You're touchy today Tim.   Sorry that the small wee-wee comment has really struck a nerve.  

BTW, FS automatically puts my reply above the quote, because what I have to say is more important.  It's always been that way. 

You still don't seem to get it.  It's like trying to teach calculus to a Special Olympian.  BRP never intended for the 1200 to be a lake racer.... so I have no doubt idiots spend thousands trying to make it one.  And lots of guys mod 2 strokes for more top end.  Like I said, modded Machs were running over 130 12 years ago.  My buddy had one run 123 mph stock. 

BRP knows that the market for guys with small dicks who want to run 130 on a lake (looks at Blackstar) is a limited one.  If that changes, and the Sidewinder is successful, and they want to have a higher output 4 stroke, they have lots of 4 strokes available (Sea-Doos, bikes, etc.)  For now, they're the market leader, so they're clearly delivering what the majoriy of buyers obviously want.  I always welcome more power.... but it's wasted on a trail sled (80% of the market). 

As for average cars, if a 430hp car weighing 3100 lbs is average - great!  I just don't see to many of these average cars on the road.... where are they hiding?  And you're more than welcome to join me in one of the average cars on Mosport's DDT for some laps...... I give you 2-3 tops, before you're barfing like a small child from lateral Gs. 

As for resale value, the market dictates that.  When I see the market offering 8-10k for a 2 year old turbo cat....... clearly the vast majority know they suck. 

As always, no charge for the education.  :)  But all of us here at FS strongly recommend that you move those pool chemicals further away from your sleeping area. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Like I said, there are no shortage of idiots who want to make a 130 hp trail sled something it's not.  They're "having" to spend a shit ton of cash?  As in, mandatory? 

If your literacy improves, we can rule out your own fume inhalation. 

BTW....we all want more power, Captain Obvious. 

4 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Loosen up that belt. Your brain is badly starving for air. Tons of doo guys wanting more power, and having to spend a shit ton of cash to even get close to a cheaply modded cat. Sounds like over the years, you have drank way to much yellow cool-aid, and it,s starting to show. Hey Poncho, are you sure you looked up that airplane fuel nice and tight ? I think this guy might of gotten into the fumes .LOL 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

You're touchy today Tim.   Sorry that the small wee-wee comment has really struck a nerve.  

BTW, FS automatically puts my reply above the quote, because what I have to say is more important.  It's always been that way. 

You still don't seem to get it.  It's like trying to teach calculus to a Special Olympian.  BRP never intended for the 1200 to be a lake racer.... so I have no doubt idiots spend thousands trying to make it one.  And lots of guys mod 2 strokes for more top end.  Like I said, modded Machs were running over 130 12 years ago.  My buddy had one run 123 mph stock. 

BRP knows that the market for guys with small dicks who want to run 130 on a lake (looks at Blackstar) is a limited one.  If that changes, and the Sidewinder is successful, and they want to have a higher output 4 stroke, they have lots of 4 strokes available (Sea-Doos, bikes, etc.)  For now, they're the market leader, so they're clearly delivering what the majoriy of buyers obviously want.  I always welcome more power.... but it's wasted on a trail sled (80% of the market). 

As for average cars, if a 430hp car weighing 3100 lbs is average - great!  I just don't see to many of these average cars on the road.... where are they hiding?  And you're more than welcome to join me in one of the average cars on Mosport's DDT for some laps...... I give you 2-3 tops, before you're barfing like a small child from lateral Gs. 

As for resale value, the market dictates that.  When I see the market offering 8-10k for a 2 year old turbo cat....... clearly the vast majority know they suck. 

As always, no charge for the education.  :)  But all of us here at FS strongly recommend that you move those pool chemicals further away from your sleeping area. 

Talking out your Ass Puzzlehead.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

This is funny, I would love to see Puzzle and Blackstar have an average Mosport DDT race off.....and for the record, if you feel like barfing after feeling any lateral G force loading from a car ride, you are not fit to drive, especially not at Mosport.  The max you will get out of an average Corvette is almost 1.0g......if that gets you Barfy.....you shouldn't be driving......but I would love to see this race.  My buddy basically runs Mosport, can we set up a Puzzle Blackstar Average Barf-off next spring?...all FS welcome!

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 4

I have always heard good things about this track, and there has been mention of a few dips that go right into sharp turns, that can be quite challenging, however I do see that in this video.

Looks like it would fun though!

51 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Is the track at Calabogie any more challenging, or would it be to much for a Corvette to handle safely ?

I took my sled around the Calabogie track when it was just being built....that was fun.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Is the track at Calabogie any more challenging, or would it be to much for a Corvette to handle safely ?

Anyone I have talked to that runs at the various tracks state that Mosport is the fastest most challenging road course around this area.

51 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Poncho, any snow anywhere up around Pembroke or Deep River ?

The Indians around here are getting restless. LOL

Just what is on the OFSC maps, everything is limited.  My area is limited Twin Island camp all the way to Mountain Cute.  Mazinaw would be OK but limited. We were going to head up today....not now, so maybe tomorrow.  We will see, I'm having a hard time getting motivated, even with my new sled waiting.

I think our gang is heading up towards Deep River, or Pembroke tomorrow.

According to the OFSC trail guide, it looks like more trails are open around Pembroke than Deep River.

I agree with you. This weather is depressing and seems to suck any  motivation to get out sledding out of me as well.

Hopefully at least our local shallow Graham Lake will freeze over well enough that we can get out on it and put on a few miles and have some friendly drag races.

I was out with Charlie with his new 850 doo last Friday for a 100 km local run. He likes it and is anxious to get more miles on it to give it thru the break in period so he can really start riding it harder.   

Edited by Frostynuts

"As for average cars, if a 430hp car weighing 3100 lbs is average - great!  I just don't see to many of these average cars on the road.... where are they hiding?  And you're more than welcome to join me in one of the average cars on Mosport's DDT for some laps...... I give you 2-3 tops, before you're barfing like a small child from lateral Gs.  "

That would be "too many", as in disproportionate, like big head/small wiener. You get it, right?

"If your literacy improves, we can rule out your own fume inhalation. "

The chick from the Dodge dealership is here getting a key cut, she is a blond dirty one, I like her.

I am up for a track day at Mosport this spring. I think I can hang with an average old vette. What got you up to 430hp?   Did you mod it tiny peter?

We did a 140 mile loop on Friday down here in the banana belt, the trail conditions were quite good. All fucked now, do-over.

17 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Where is the banana belt ? LOL

Huron County. West shore of Lake Huron.

Lake effect dump one day, rain the next. It's a real cunt of a thing for sledders here locally.

We chase snow though, my wife will drive all night to go for a sleigh ride.

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I think our gang is heading up towards Deep River, or Pembroke tomorrow.

According to the OFSC trail guide, it looks like more trails are open around Pembroke than Deep River.

I agree with you. This weather is depressing and seems to suck any  motivation to get out sledding out of me as well.

Hopefully at least our local shallow Graham Lake will freeze over well enough that we can get out on it and put on a few miles and have some friendly drag races.

I was out with Charlie with his new 850 doo last Friday for a 100 km local run. He likes it and is anxious to get more miles on it to give it thru the break in period so he can really start riding it harder.   

I didn't know Charlie bought an 850.....I never see those guys anymore since they sold and moved away.....good on him, it's a nice sled.....except for the Perry the Platipus looks....  I'm just about to load the trailer, heading up tomorrow.  Cheers

He peeled the red off of the nose, and some other red as well on the tunnel, and it gives it a totally different look.

Mainly all black now, and looks great.

Where abouts are you headed ? As of right now, we are heading for the Bears Den in Deep River in the morning.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

He peeled the red off of the nose, and some other red as well on the tunnel, and it gives it a totally different look.

Mainly all black now, and looks great.

Where abouts are you headed ? As of right now, we are heading for the Bears Den in Deep River in the morning.

The wife and I are just heading to the cottage in Griffith, back Sunday.  Mostly just to go for a small run and make sure everything is working.....including me.

What did I do to get the car to 430 hp?  I bought it..... Lol.   Completely stock.  Unlike Tim, I feel no compelling reason to 'charge it..... as I'm quite comfortable with my small willy. 

What is your "track car", lastzrt?  Incidentally, the class leading cars there are modded Integras, etc...... ricers.  The DDT is too small for more long-legged cars to have any advantage (Vettes, Vipers, most stock Italian/German stuff).  The big track is another matter....

Here's one in the older car on the big track.  Parade laps only though, however....... :(

8 hours ago, lastzrt said:

"As for average cars, if a 430hp car weighing 3100 lbs is average - great!  I just don't see to many of these average cars on the road.... where are they hiding?  And you're more than welcome to join me in one of the average cars on Mosport's DDT for some laps...... I give you 2-3 tops, before you're barfing like a small child from lateral Gs.  "

That would be "too many", as in disproportionate, like big head/small wiener. You get it, right?

"If your literacy improves, we can rule out your own fume inhalation. "

The chick from the Dodge dealership is here getting a key cut, she is a blond dirty one, I like her.

I am up for a track day at Mosport this spring. I think I can hang with an average old vette. What got you up to 430hp?   Did you mod it tiny peter?

We did a 140 mile loop on Friday down here in the banana belt, the trail conditions were quite good. All fucked now, do-over.

Mosport 2007.JPG

Edited by Puzzleboy

I can hit .75/.79 Gs on an on ramp..... and I feel off after a few seconds of that.  That requires carrying close to 45-50 mph into a good sized cloverleaf.  The force is surprising. 

Believe me, most clowns who think they can drive a car, cannot.  Puzzle included.  :)

This is funny, I would love to see Puzzle and Blackstar have an average Mosport DDT race off.....and for the record, if you feel like barfing after feeling any lateral G force loading from a car ride, you are not fit to drive, especially not at Mosport.  The max you will get out of an average Corvette is almost 1.0g......if that gets you Barfy.....you shouldn't be driving......but I would love to see this race.  My buddy basically runs Mosport, can we set up a Puzzle Blackstar Average Barf-off next spring?...all FS welcome!

Edited by Puzzleboy

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

The wife and I are just heading to the cottage in Griffith, back Sunday.  Mostly just to go for a small run and make sure everything is working.....including me.

Yup, it does take a while for the arms and other muscles to get back in shape. Last minute change for us. We,re going to Pembroke for a couple of days. At the present time, that looks like the area with the most trails open. Hopefully we,ll get lots of snow across the province soon. Have a great time and let us know how the trails are in your neck of the woods.