Yamaha Sidewinder

Yamadoo

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Another friend just bought a out of the crate, brand new, 2017 ZR9000 for 16K, OTD.

Great deals to be had out their, IF anyone is looking. After another crappy snow year, smart dealers are dumping any sled they can.

Out of the crate, is he assembling it himself???....ask him for a copy of the bill of sale...that's a little over 14K before tax.

21 hours ago, bladefever said:

How's the Cat version running? Same sled different clutches.

What did the "old " T Cats run in 2500' stock and modified?

Here you go Blade it has your name all over it...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/ottawa/2002-arctic-cat-thundercat-1000-d-d/1236431056?utm_source=alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_alerts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Out of the crate, is he assembling it himself???....ask him for a copy of the bill of sale...that's a little over 14K before tax.

Even if its a 129 base model that seems really cheap?   Not calling bullshit but my buddy who is a Cat dealer says that is below cost on the cheapest model of 9000 even with all the rebates and holdback out.

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

Even if its a 129 base model that seems really cheap?   Not calling bullshit but my buddy who is a Cat dealer says that is below cost on the cheapest model of 9000 even with all the rebates and holdback out.

This.....

11 hours ago, psledhead said:

If that is taxes in, that's a smokin' deal!

What version? 129 or 137?

Yes, taxes in, 137 ZR9000 SP OTD. Apparently, he said he would rather loose a bit now, than carry it all summer, and who knows how long next fall.

Again, that is why I personally don,t get sucked into the spring break HYPE, and high prices.

Now is definitely the time to buy, if anyone is looking for a great deal.

Smart dealers have made enough on the early sales, and realize that sometimes it,s time to let them good, even at a bit of a loss on the last few units.

Edited by Frostynuts

12 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Smart dealers tend to do that, instead of waiting 20 years to sell them as antiques.

So Yamaha/Cat are selling sleds below cost (dumping).  Sounds like a sound business plan......... Lol

Probably illegal too. 

Sounds like a sound business plan.  :lmao: I would think that "smart dealers" buy the correct amount of inventory, and inventory that the public wants. 

They're not selling because they're too expensive, too heavy, the build quality is shit, and they need BRP skis to even turn.  And there are only so many customers like Blackstar who want to be king of the lakes......

Smart dealers tend to do that, instead of waiting 20 years to sell them as antiques.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Sounds like a sound business plan.  :lmao: I would think that "smart dealers" buy the correct amount of inventory, and inventory that the public wants. 

Its the same business plan used by most dealers regardless of brand. Sell them high when the market is hot, dump the balance of stock in February/March so you don't sit on them all summer, even if that's at or below cost.

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

They're not selling because they're too expensive, too heavy, the build quality is shit, and they need BRP skis to even turn.  And there are only so many customers like Blackstar who want to be king of the lakes......

The dealers are force to take what the manufacturer tells them they are taking

Well, if you ran your pool business that way, you wouldn't be in business long.  I haven't seen Doos sell below cost (marked down, sure)...... but the Sidewinder is selling below cost according to Fuzzy in it's first season.  Interesting.....

I bet Yamaha wonders what the fuck they got into with that shit slug chassis and a company that has no quality control.  Hopefully Textron makes some big changes. 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Its the same business plan used by most dealers regardless of brand. Sell them high when the market is hot, dump the balance of stock in February/March so you don't sit on them all summer, even if that's at or below cost.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Well, if you ran your pool business that way, you wouldn't be in business long.  I haven't seen Doos sell below cost (marked down, sure)...... but the Sidewinder is selling below cost according to Fuzzy in it's first season.  Interesting.....

I bet Yamaha wonders what the fuck they got into with that shit slug chassis and a company that has no quality control.  Hopefully Textron makes some big changes. 

Yep, Doo dealers don't do that....lol

Some here may remember me buying an '09 600 Etec for my son in February of '09. The dealer had posted on Freedomsledder that he had 3 sleds left and wanted them gone. He sold all 3 at less than cost and threw in extras.

Same thing happens in my business. Personally, I don't carry inventory but my suppliers do and they slash prices every year at the same time just to keep the lights on and move product.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-02-07 at 3:06 PM, soupkid said:

The dealers are force to take what the manufacturer tells them they are taking

Yep.  The manu can force them to move or shut em down as well.  Has happened here in Burlington where the doo dealer was now cat 

Nope, no need.  Was posted on your fave site, DooTalk.  Yeah, amazing...... Market leader, just won another Iron Dog with flimsy bulkheads......

Poor, whiny Fuzzy. 

28 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Looks like Puzzler is really grasping for the short straw. Wonder how the bulkheads on that thing held up ? Amazing on how doo has gone so far backwards in build quality.