Opinions on campers.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

So if anyone is looking for a nice fifth wheel I have mine up for sale. 2022 Solitude 345GK-R. Very minimal use and no issues at all believe or not! Very nice couples unit with cupboards galore. Has the king bed and solar panel upgrade. 101 wide body really makes a difference inside. Walk in a 96 inch and then a 101 and you'll notice it right away. Visit Grand Designs website to see all the standard features and build this model today. Present MSRP is over 125000. Have this one priced at 82500. and I have MSO in hand. Shipping may be available. I thought that I could learn to like the campground lifestyle but I just can't. I work with the public everyday and love doing it but I do need some privacy and a campground isn't the place for that.

Sounds like a nice unit.

We boondock whenever we can. Peaceful and no bullshit to put up with.  Just ours. :lol:

3 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

So if anyone is looking for a nice fifth wheel I have mine up for sale. 2022 Solitude 345GK-R. Very minimal use and no issues at all believe or not! Very nice couples unit with cupboards galore. Has the king bed and solar panel upgrade. 101 wide body really makes a difference inside. Walk in a 96 inch and then a 101 and you'll notice it right away. Visit Grand Designs website to see all the standard features and build this model today. Present MSRP is over 125000. Have this one priced at 82500. and I have MSO in hand. Shipping may be available. I thought that I could learn to like the campground lifestyle but I just can't. I work with the public everyday and love doing it but I do need some privacy and a campground isn't the place for that.

Are you giving it up completely. While there are a few decent state campgrounds, most of the private campgrounds are detestable. I spend my time traveling mostly BLM land. You can set up camp and not see a soul for over a week. It does take a 4X4 van or truck camper to get to some of the nice areas in the canyons. I won't have time this year, but next year I'm traveling up the Dempster Hwy to the Arctic Ocean. There's a lot to see. Places you can't get to with a big rig. That's a nice rig you have. It should be snapped up fast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

It'll be an interesting year with the price of gas/fuel for hauling a camper or driving a motorhome. 

The people that can’t afford the big trips will just camp closer to home. 

Also, since the Covid camping spike, most people figured out that the didn’t want to deal with setup/tear down/towing but liked the actual camping part, so they just bought a seasonal lot. Seasonal lots are almost non existent now and campgrounds are building more, if they can. We didn’t get into camping to stay in one place all the time. We bought it to travel. Camping is a big enough waste of money. If you don’t own the lot that you’re keeping it on, that’s even worse, imo. 

Only thing that is cutting down our amount of camping this summer is the lack of vacation time my wife has and we have a 7 day trip to Colorado/Utah/Arizona already paid for in September. 

This is mine, it’s a tiffin. Who was also was bought out by Thor.

hopefully the quality won’t drop as Thor is known for shitty builds 

BB10095D-6B14-4F53-A993-2DF69A1FB04B.jpeg

Edited by toslow
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

IMG_8201.thumb.JPG.aa13200e7574852019c292bd9a0a061b.JPGSo if anyone is looking for a nice fifth wheel I have mine up for sale. 2022 Solitude 345GK-R. Very minimal use and no issues at all believe or not! Very nice couples unit with cupboards galore. Has the king bed and solar panel upgrade. 101 wide body really makes a difference inside. Walk in a 96 inch and then a 101 and you'll notice it right away. Visit Grand Designs website to see all the standard features and build this model today. Present MSRP is over 125000. Have this one priced at 82500. and I have MSO in hand. Shipping may be available. I thought that I could learn to like the campground lifestyle but I just can't. I work with the public everyday and love doing it but I do need some privacy and a campground isn't the place for that.

IMG_8214.JPG

IMG_8199.JPG

That's an awesome rig!  I agree on campgrounds.  Some just lack space and privacy.  Then you have places like I was this past weekend.  Probably 100' on either side between us and the next site.  Nobody behind us.  Gorgeous views.

There are gems and duds.  Like Greg said, our best luck has been at regional or state parks.

Catalina State Park in Oro Valley AZ.

Screen_Shot_2022-04-24_at_8_59_01_PM.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toslow said:

I hope to get back, probably in September 

Cool! We were hoping for mid June but might be mid July. We're still working on getting the house ready to list and the house we rented there is asking for a 4 week extension. 

16 hours ago, toslow said:

This is mine, it’s a tiffin. Who was also was bought out by Thor.

hopefully the quality won’t drop as Thor is known for shitty builds 

BB10095D-6B14-4F53-A993-2DF69A1FB04B.jpeg

Tiffin makes (made) some of the best. What length is that? You full time?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Tiffin makes (made) some of the best. What length is that? You full time?

It’s 28ft, not full time yet but getting close. I only work 6mths a yr 

3 minutes ago, toslow said:

It’s 28ft, not full time yet but getting close. I only work 6mths a yr 

Nice rig. If I every get tired of the back country I’d definitely be looking at an older Tiffin. 

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nice rig. If I every get tired of the back country I’d definitely be looking at an older Tiffin. 

Mine is a 2012, it has about 70k’s on it. Previous owners took really great care of it. 

I’ve had it for three yrs and use it as much as I can 

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 8:14 PM, toslow said:

I miss NS, The older i get the more i want to move home. 

The people aren’t in such a hurry 

Went there 45 years ago. People I did see were nicest people I've ever seen. 

Came home and told friends/relatives for years, that people in Canada were good people.

However, THE GAY ONE is kinda' changing my mind on that. 

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Went there 45 years ago. People I did see were nicest people I've ever seen. 

Came home and told friends/relatives for years, that people in Canada were good people.

However, THE GAY ONE is kinda' changing my mind on that. 

Nope, you never start it.