2022 BRP Doo/Lynx release...

Just now, A05GSHO said:

Relatively look the same to me a few different body parts.  BFD

Agreed George ... but the few different body parts are the most important ones.  The front of the Lynx looks decent (I'd even go as far as to say it looks good).  The G4, I'm sorry ... I know you own one ... but they just aren't for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The whole this sled looks better than that sled is a puzzler.  Fucking ride the thing as nothing on snow looks cool anymore.  Cat has the fucking spindles that rise to heaven and the entire bloated fucking look of all their sleds is just bad.  The shit brown Eiffel towers and matching rails were just fucking ugly as shit.  Yamaha somehow manages to put graphics on a cat that makes them at least somewhat palatable from a distance.

The fucking Matryx is definitely not winning any beauty contests either.  I agree that the Lynx is a better looking version of the G4 chassis but it's far from great.  I'm not leaving the sport over current design trends of the pyramid chassis. 

• Like 3

The LYNX is interesting and there will be many on the trails....

Price is what's stopping me from looking at it seriously as the RR (based on what I paid for my 2021) is more than $6K less..... But Cat hasn't released the 2022 prices yet so who knows what they will be this go around.

You guys are all comparing the Lynx skid to the Rush /whatever Poo skid....but didn't Yami have a similar design in their late 90s/early 2000s SX/SRX sleds ? Had the transfer rods, etc ? I realize the rear arm is different, but maybe Yami was onto something back when they cared about snowmobiles......

yami skid.jpg

Edited by taperk600
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Lynx skid is specifically designed to mash big bumps and go airborne without worrying about folding it up. So here is what is likely to happen.  Average groomed trail riders will flock to something new and different only to find out that the fucker is so stiff it won't handle and ride the way they expect it to.  It's why the XRS was softened up because it was so rock hard in the early days the ride and handling suffered on flat trails.  There is no free lunch.

It's exactly why someone used to their soft riding couch jumps on a buddies sled that has been setup with the shocks on full stiff, limiter strap cinched to the last hole, blocks set to max, 3000 studs, railroad ties for carbides so the stiff fucker will turn and then proclaim that it handles like complete shit and they would never buy one.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, taperk600 said:

The LYNX is interesting and there will be many on the trails....

Price is what's stopping me from looking at it seriously as the RR (based on what I paid for my 2021) is more than $6K less..... But Cat hasn't released the 2022 prices yet so who knows what they will be this go around.

You guys are all comparing the Lynx skid to the Rush /whatever Poo skid....but didn't Yami have a similar design in their late 90s/early 2000s SX/SRX sleds ? Had the transfer rods, etc ? I realize the rear arm is different, but maybe Yami was onto something back when they cared about snowmobiles......

yami skid.jpg

the price is a bit out there, but it's a whole different animal, or Cat for that matter they are offering.  :lol:  good news is used ones will be prevalent when people realize these aren't exactly 'trail sleds'

this version is far more appealing to me 2019 Lynx Rave RS 600 – Bolder-Faster-Radical | snowmobile.se

had Polaris made the Balers with a closed tunnel... 

LYNX-MY22-Rave-RE-PPS3-Feature-34BK-SDW-

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Yes, that is a sweet sled........

sure is - nothing is watered down on these sleds.  a 600 version might get me back in the NEW CAT camp.

switching teams next year Tom?  you've only had 57 Procross now right?  the last year is always the best version, starting in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022...

Greg B never got his RR back this year because 'backorder' and Textron go together like PB & J 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sure is - nothing is watered down on these sleds.  a 600 version might get me back in the NEW CAT camp.

switching teams next year Tom?  you've only had 57 Procross now right?  the last year is always the best version, starting in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022...

Greg B never got his RR back this year because 'backorder' and Textron go together like PB & J 

I honestly don't know. Actually not missing my sleds....sold them all this season. My 21 RR went a couple weeks ago......and it hasn't stopped snowing since.............. Maybe take a year off and see how I feel about sleds after that. Cat will probably still have the ProCross for 2023.... so what would I miss......LOL.....

Oh.... 57 is closer to the number of firecats I had......... only 14 ProCross sleds so far.......LOL.......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Was talking to Greg this week... sucks bad he can’t get his ride together.

Hey Tom, Greg’s talking about never coming back, Got any Green Juice to offer him?:slapping:

:roflcrying:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, taperk600 said:

I honestly don't know. Actually not missing my sleds....sold them all this season. My 21 RR went a couple weeks ago......and it hasn't stopped snowing since.............. Maybe take a year off and see how I feel about sleds after that. Cat will probably still have the ProCross for 2023.... so what would I miss......LOL.....

Oh.... 57 is closer to the number of firecats I had......... only 14 ProCross sleds so far.......LOL.......

maybe it's time for you to come back to the Sno Pro camp - there's a 720 with 1300 miles on it for sale in your neck of the woods.  :)
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/2888155714803563/?ref=share_attachment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Was talking to Greg this week... sucks bad he can’t get his ride together.

Hey Tom, Greg’s talking about never coming back, Got any Green Juice to offer him?:slapping:

:roflcrying:

I was drinking beer with him on Tuesday... :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I was drinking beer with him on Tuesday... :)

Great... I didn’t have the courage to tell him to get his ass over here... can you send him a message he can’t refuse?

Krom too!:lol2:

:thumb:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe it's time for you to come back to the Sno Pro camp - there's a 720 with 1300 miles on it for sale in your neck of the woods.  :)

I honestly regret ever selling my original 2010 500 SP...... But not sure I could stomach buying someone else's sled at this point knowing how mine was from day 1. But I have often thought about getting another one.......definitely not another 720 however...... I'd either leave it stock or do the 1 thing I haven't on those sleds yet.... the 602 big bore......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

The only thing stopping me from having a lynx in my garage right now is price, and the fact that I have one week of riding then I am not able to until next year. 

The sales manager at the local skidoo dealership is sending pictures daily. 

you-can-do-it-meme-18134.jpg

Edited by Sled_Hed

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to 2022 BRP Doo/Lynx release...
On 2/25/2021 at 3:29 PM, fortune46x said:

The only thing stopping me from having a lynx in my garage right now is price, and the fact that I have one week of riding then I am not able to until next year. 

The sales manager at the local skidoo dealership is sending pictures daily. 

wait for the 600 - with any luck they'll bring that ditch banger here.

38 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I want to test ride one....but no way, no how will I pay $17k for a sled.

I've heard of a lower quote for it, much lower but still a lot. 

Your old Pro-X is back, and Doo figured out how to do theirs with a 'tunnel'.  not a BRP guy, but these are very appealing.

RS_side.jpg

hey, has anyone started LynxTalk yet?  we need to get on that before Pit Grunt and Joe!  :lol2:

• Haha 1

I've watched a few of the snotrax videos on this machine to have a feel of it.  First off, snotrax got a nice check for the promotional content they're putting out.  It's like they're not even trying to hide it any more.  Maybe they never were.  They might be too stupid to.  He called the 850 legendary, the clutch incredible, and wrapped up the video by saying they're spring only so don't waste time.  Sounds like a commercial.

The sled seems cool.  I'd like to play around with it for a minute.  But I have zero use for actually owning a sled like that.  On sleds I do three things, off trail playing, off trail utility, and groomed trail riding... on groomed trails.  I am perplexed at the amount of people that think they need something like this.  If they need something like this I don't know why they don't spend their resources on finding better trails to ride?  

But we all really know who is going to be buying the sled.  The guys that get wrapped up in the hype, that watch these videos and that think buying this will make them a certain kind of rider.  And then they will complain that the shocks are too stiff just like the guy in the video.  He wants the shocks 40 PERCENT SOFTER!  That's a whole different sled then.  You're saying you want a whole different sled.  Poser sled.  The sled won't make you different, most buyers of these will still be old, fat, out of shape and talent.  Perfect for the "hill" crowd and the Illinois fib crowd to ride on their trashed out shitty trails I guess.  

Seems weird to me to have a dedicated shitty trail sled.  Are shitty trails the new cool thing?  Are we bringing those back from the 90's?  Like a retro thing?  Full circle?  Year of the cat?

I guess when I trail ride I'll just keep riding my boring old groomed trail that stay good for weeks not hours.  Oh well.  And keep 20g's in my pocket.  My loss.

I'd remind people though that these snotrax videos are super edited and made to do something.  Even if they were legit it is still the opinion of ONE guy.  The sled seems cool but you're still all being manipulated to think a certain way and that's why that company gets paid to do them.

Legendary 850 should be your first red flag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I've watched a few of the snotrax videos on this machine to have a feel of it.  First off, snotrax got a nice check for the promotional content they're putting out.  It's like they're not even trying to hide it any more.  Maybe they never were.  They might be too stupid to.  He called the 850 legendary, the clutch incredible, and wrapped up the video by saying they're spring only so don't waste time.  Sounds like a commercial.

The sled seems cool.  I'd like to play around with it for a minute.  But I have zero use for actually owning a sled like that.  On sleds I do three things, off trail playing, off trail utility, and groomed trail riding... on groomed trails.  I am perplexed at the amount of people that think they need something like this.  If they need something like this I don't know why they don't spend their resources on finding better trails to ride?  

But we all really know who is going to be buying the sled.  The guys that get wrapped up in the hype, that watch these videos and that think buying this will make them a certain kind of rider.  And then they will complain that the shocks are too stiff just like the guy in the video.  He wants the shocks 40 PERCENT SOFTER!  That's a whole different sled then.  You're saying you want a whole different sled.  Poser sled.  The sled won't make you different, most buyers of these will still be old, fat, out of shape and talent.  Perfect for the "hill" crowd and the Illinois fib crowd to ride on their trashed out shitty trails I guess.  

Seems weird to me to have a dedicated shitty trail sled.  Are shitty trails the new cool thing?  Are we bringing those back from the 90's?  Like a retro thing?  Full circle?  Year of the cat?

I guess when I trail ride I'll just keep riding my boring old groomed trail that stay good for weeks not hours.  Oh well.  And keep 20g's in my pocket.  My loss.

I'd remind people though that these snotrax videos are super edited and made to do something.  Even if they were legit it is still the opinion of ONE guy.  The sled seems cool but you're still all being manipulated to think a certain way and that's why that company gets paid to do them.

Legendary 850 should be your first red flag.

Luke still hasn't replied to my comment about him on the 'less stiff' XCR.  :lol:  Is this what he wants?

So why do/would people want to buy an XRS, XCR or RR with mushy shocks that need to be re-valved to actually be ridden hard when they are paying all that $ for these sleds with high end shocks?  there's some great comments below the video - and the 'trail fairy' ones make me LOL.  I won't fault this sled or BRP for being 'what it is', it's the morons that buy them expecting a cushy ride who piss and moan that need to take a look in the mirror and take into account that the problem is theirs.  There were a few monstrous threads on HCS about how mushy the XCR was, but that also had to do with the wimpy springs they used.    

That said, I'm nowhere near 235lbs or even that zip code so I'd probably have to get the Rave shocks re-valved.  :lmao:  

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.25.05 PM.png

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Luke still hasn't replied to my comment about him on the 'less stiff' XCR.  :lol:  Is this what he wants?

So why do/would people want to buy an XRS, XCR or RR with mushy shocks that need to be re-valved to actually be ridden hard when they are paying all that $ for these sleds with high end shocks?  there's some great comments below the video - and the 'trail fairy' ones make me LOL.  I won't fault this sled or BRP for being 'what it is', it's the morons that buy them expecting a cushy ride who piss and moan that need to take a look in the mirror and take into account that the problem is theirs.  There were a few monstrous threads on HCS about how mushy the XCR was, but that also had to do with the wimpy springs they used.    

That said, I'm nowhere near 235lbs or even that zip code so I'd probably have to get the Rave shocks re-valved.  :lmao:  

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.25.05 PM.png

Because manufacturer's know that the majority of the buyers of these "race ready" sleds are posers.  They want to look like some hardcore dude or maybe they just like the idea of the sled while bench racing or keyboard racing but they are soft and don't want to feel the chatter and don't ride hard enough to make stiff suspension work.

And until there are one way trails I'm fine with that.  I don't want these squids that don't know what they're doing bouncing off moguls into my lane.  Not that I ride moguls but if I did  😉

And another rant on the video how he tries to make the uncoupled thing not a big deal.  There's trade offs with all this stuff.  To say there isn't is bs.  A sled that pulls the skis at will, you will be dealing with ski lift in corners.  Period.  Yes you can manage for that but that means you can't be nearly as aggressive with the throttle at any point in a corner, compared to a more planted sled.  Maybe that's a trade off that you're willing to make but to say it's not an issue at all...well, it's a commercial so..

Oh and more dirtbike comparisons with leaning back in the whoops and skimming.  Like no other snowmobile can do that.  And how he says you can wheelie out of corners by just leaning... Give me a break, why didn't they show him doing that?  That's not how sleds work.  That's just designed to plant that marketing seed in these guys heads like they're going to be the next Jeremy McGrath of snowmobiles.  And you know it works.  Just like how people thought the alpha rail would be cool on trail because they thought you could lean it into corners, that's not how this stuff works.

All that said I think the sled is cool.  I'd have no real use for it but yeah I'd like to try it out for 30 minutes or so to see what it's like but I just don't ride trails where it's constant 2-3' moguls.  Or 2-3" for that matter.  It is made for finland where the trails aren't groomed apparently which that makes sense then.  Or if you ride shitty American trails.

• Thanks 1

Also the guy wants it 40% softer.. doing that especially with an uncoupled skid will make weight transfer a much bigger issue.  I can't believe he said he wants it that much softer.  Why not just say the sled isn't for me on the trails I ride?  Probably because the check writer wouldn't like that and buyers know they can revalve/ruin the sled on their own.  40% softer means it's not even in the ballpark for his conditions.  And that's with it set to full soft.  Anyone who actually wants this sled for what it is should get it the first year before they dumb it down for the masses.

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Lester's praise poo they're being bought. Lester's praise lynx they're being bought. Wtf people? Fuck off with your conspiracy theories. 

Lol yes because it's not like they're listed as paid sponsors of the show or anything... 

I love people like you who just believe everything they're told.  "Conspiracy theories" 😄