2022 BRP Doo/Lynx release...

The difference is some riders do give the competition a shot.  My go to dealer sell's Yam, Poo and Doo.  Poo is out for me because no four stroke.  I test rode the Yam and the Doo on our trails.  The Doo is the better overall sled in so may ways except for absolute top speed.  The Yam was also $1500 MORE than the XRS with spring order pricing.  

I just buy the sled that checks the most boxes for $15K.  If Cat decides to improve the chassis and make it handle lighter and more like the G4 wide and the sled is better overall there would be no reason not to buy one but for now it is what it is.   

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

really, if they fixed the mushy low seat, came up with an improved skid that can be set up in 'playful mode', left the front end alone, revised the plastics again and shaved a little weight in the right places... winner !??!    even Cat guys who like the Procross are sick of seeing it slathered in a new color scheme every year, and if Cat starts losing more of those customers... they are f@cked.

idk how anyone from Textron can look at Polaris's snowcheck options and sleep at night, as THAT is CUSTOMER SERVICE

It surely isn't the same 2012...but none of the changes addressed what I don't like about the ProCross.  Your suggestions would go along way in helping it.  That and of course the Ctec2 needs another full year before I would touch it with a 10' pole; however, if Textron continually treats their customers like Tracker then no way I would own one period.  Definitely their own worst enemy.

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Polaris is absolutely killing it right now especially with marketing and options. No doubt about that but it’s not like they did that overnight either, they had absolute garbage for a while and slowly over the last 10 years built themselves into the powerhouse they are. I think if cat could get the gauge thing out of the way to shut people up and like we said a “playful” skid it would get a lot of attention. I honestly would rather they didn’t change the body of what they have now just because changes have a tendency of ruining good things. And obviously the biggest thing would be a bigger than 850 motor or even some sort of triple, I feel like with emissions playing a factor big now and them having  a bulkhead that would fit it, an 800 or 900 triple would be something that pulled people over in droves just to say they had one. I think some decent little changes marketed the right way could put them right back in the game and I also agree they do need to do something soon to stop losing people before it’s far too late. 

It isn't marketing that is killing it but a product that is marketable allowing this marketing.  And definitely not overnight, but Polaris has done one thing really well lately and that is listen to customers.  Their whole drive to interact with HCS before implosion and making changes based on feedback shows that.  Textron could learn a thing or two from them.  The customer is the king, even when they are wrong and if you don't treat them that way you will lose them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It surely isn't the same 2012...but none of the changes addressed what I don't like about the ProCross.  Your suggestions would go along way in helping it.  That and of course the Ctec2 needs another full year before I would touch it with a 10' pole; however, if Textron continually treats their customers like Tracker then no way I would own one period.  Definitely their own worst enemy.

It isn't marketing that is killing it but a product that is marketable allowing this marketing.  And definitely not overnight, but Polaris has done one thing really well lately and that is listen to customers.  Their whole drive to interact with HCS before implosion and making changes based on feedback shows that.  Textron could learn a thing or two from them.  The customer is the king, even when they are wrong and if you don't treat them that way you will lose them.

Their product is good but it’s not light years above anyone else. How they market is directly correlated to their success. They have people buying assaults in droves that get sleds stuck in 2’ of rock hard snow and live in fucking New York. If they come out with an indy XCR with QS3’s as an option and it’s not $15k plus I might see what I can do with finances to order one and an RR.

23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Definitely their own worst enemy.

SHIT... you actually make sense some times!

The poo is killing it with influencers in the big level  and the Ambassador thing is a really really good idea.  

The general public these days will not figure stuff our on their own you need to package it in a way it gets to them. 

I feel if cat would have listened to some small changes years ago it would be put them in a better position now.. I truly feel that have backed them self in to a corner to require something truly out of the box to grab attention.  I really feel if they would have had different seat options, upgraded gauge option, track options and different skis that the customer could have spec'd when every one was asking for it, it would be a different convo today.  

to add, I have never heard good stories about cat warranty..  

1 hour ago, Cwhite138 said:

SHIT... you actually make sense some times!

The not making sense on HCS was intentional to inflame those who cannot think beyond brand loyalty.  I've owned more Cats than Poos.  I have zero brand loyalty to anything.  I used to in the past, but no brands have loyalty to me as a consumer so I return the favor and buy what suits me the best.

• Like 4

Say what you want about Polaris and their marketing, but @Deephaven hit the nail on the head ... they actually listen to their customers (for the most part).  I'm not saying Cat & Doo don't deliver what's asked of them, but Polaris has literally taken real time feedback and implemented it (look no further than the 2015 AXYS release & the color options that got changed in the middle of snow check).  One can argue the other side of the coin, with the lack of a 4-stroke, I suppose ... but I feel Polaris has the most direct involvement/contact with social media users.

Back to the topic at hand here, with the 2022 SkiDoo release ... I've got a buddy who's pricing out a new Mach.  It'll be interesting to see what price he gets, and if he pulls the trigger.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

Say what you want about Polaris and their marketing, but @Deephaven hit the nail on the head ... they actually listen to their customers (for the most part).  I'm not saying Cat & Doo don't deliver what's asked of them, but Polaris has literally taken real time feedback and implemented it (look no further than the 2015 AXYS release & the color options that got changed in the middle of snow check).  One can argue the other side of the coin, with the lack of a 4-stroke, I suppose ... but I feel Polaris has the most direct involvement/contact with social media users.

Back to the topic at hand here, with the 2022 SkiDoo release ... I've got a buddy who's pricing out a new Mach.  It'll be interesting to see what price he gets, and if he pulls the trigger.

Lynx is advertising during the SX race... Catextron - NOTHING.

boy's, I see bubbles and it seems like the ship is listing 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Lynx is advertising during the SX race... Catextron - NOTHING.

boy's, I see bubbles and it seems like the ship is listing 

Your making me need to drink more to forget 2022 and Cat problems, can we focus on the races tonight?

I’m running low on Scotch!

:guzzle:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Your making me need to drink more to forget 2022 and Cat problems, can we focus on the races tonight?

I’m running low on Scotch!

:guzzle:

I'm sober.... and a bit cranky

but, someone has to be the responsible parent tonight - tomorrow it's the wifes problem.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm sober.... and a bit cranky

but, someone has to be the responsible parent tonight - tomorrow it's the wifes problem.

Been there done that...

Cranky comes with young kids

The Lester kid seems to be falling in love with the Lynx ... he even committed blasphemy saying he felt the RAVE model looked better than the Matryx!! LOL  Here's one of their latest vids comparing the Rave with the XRS

• Like 1

That RAVE is very interesting and looks like it would fit me very well... I stand up ride up to 90% of the time under 60mph. And always in the bush and in the whoop’s.

have to keep watch on what’s going to happen in the next 12 months, I want a 2023.

Edited by Icecube

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Love how Doo can put a bailer rear skid under a tunnel and now it is okay, lol.

That being said, I think Lynx fixed most of what is wrong with the Doo....assuming that the new seat and plastics allow someone other than a midget to ride one.

Buddy of mine & I were saying the same thing earlier today.

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It's always dumb when people try to say a sled is like a dirt bike

I hear ya, but then again .. what else do you compare it to, a PWC? LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Love how Doo can put a bailer rear skid under a tunnel and now it is okay, lol.

That being said, I think Lynx fixed most of what is wrong with the Doo....assuming that the new seat and plastics allow someone other than a midget to ride one.

I didn’t think we’d ever agree... I stopped in to get a windshield for my girlfriends 600 doo before I sell it and they had a rave. I took a look at the skid and the first thing I thought was, this is just a rush (Whatever they’re called in the newer chassis’) with a full tunnel.

7227EB85-69FA-43B2-A611-4A9EB0844F70.jpeg

14 hours ago, Bontz said:

The Lester kid seems to be falling in love with the Lynx ... he even committed blasphemy saying he felt the RAVE model looked better than the Matryx!! LOL  Here's one of their latest vids comparing the Rave with the XRS

8 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm kinda intrigued, myself .... but geezus the price tag is ridiculous.

it's been a very long time since I've had the slightest bit of lust for a BRP product, but this sled with a 600 -- and oh my.

$20K though... does my wife really need two kidneys?  hmmm...

but seriously, people are going to buy these and it makes as much sense to own one for most people as does a new Mach, but BRP'ers will buy every last one they bring here.... because midgets aren't bright.

shot fired Poo & Cat - make your next move.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I've always wanted a sled that rides and is agile as a trials bike... but since we have all these overweight, uncoordinated, common sense lacking weaklings in the focus groups, we get crap like power steering, 3 setting push button computer controlled shock adjustments, and gauges smarter than the idiots looking at them.

but, ... idk, nitrous anyone? 

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

It's literally a walk away moment for me.  "We're all done.....bye."  I'm going to go listen to the guy that says clutching isn't important.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's been a very long time since I've had the slightest bit of lust for a BRP product, but this sled with a 600 -- and oh my.

$20K though... does my wife really need two kidneys?  hmmm...

but seriously, people are going to buy these and it makes as much sense to own one for most people as does a new Mach, but BRP'ers will buy every last one they bring here.... because midgets aren't bright.

shot fired Poo & Cat - make your next move.

I've always wanted a sled that rides and is agile as a trials bike... but since we have all these overweight, uncoordinated, common sense lacking weaklings in the focus groups, we get crap like power steering, 3 setting push button computer controlled shock adjustments, and gauges smarter than the idiots looking at them.

but, ... idk, nitrous anyone? 

I don't know where this market is going but, it's clear to people with a strong feeling for monthly payments on arguably the fastest depreciating toy money can buy....on top of another shit winter where, most won't even get a dozen rides in this year.  smh.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

Not a whole lot of difference there sweet pea.

Uh ... yeah there is.  The G4 is fugly and the Lynx isn't (or at least the Lynx isn't AS ugly as that Daffy Duck looking atrocity).

On the price topic - it's crazy.  My buddy said he talked to his Polaris/SkiDoo dealer the other day and they already had 3 people snow check the MachZ.  Money doesn't appear to be an issue for some, that's for sure!!

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Uh ... yeah there is.  The G4 is fugly and the Lynx isn't (or at least the Lynx isn't AS ugly as that Daffy Duck looking atrocity).

On the price topic - it's crazy.  My buddy said he talked to his Polaris/SkiDoo dealer the other day and they already had 3 people snow check the MachZ.  Money doesn't appear to be an issue for some, that's for sure!!

Relatively look the same to me a few different body parts.  BFD