2022 BRP Doo/Lynx release...

twenty seconds and a click or two later... oh, the much rumored Mach Z is back for $20 large.  :lol:

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/models/trail/mach.html

smart shox - impressed, but would not want to own out of warranty.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

16 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

not as ugly as the new poo...

The Matryx is not as ugly in person, I’d still definitely take an AXYS sled over it but it’s nowhere near as bad as the G4. Check the pic for reference of how ugly they are.

76941066-F3FB-49E6-9A18-20261579AC76.png

I went on Skidoo site and did the build your ride thing and after I finished I looked at what i built..

Nooooo Thank you!

image.jpeg.000eaa763c86d86f05d580ede6f878f6.jpeg

Just can’t do it!

🤮

Edited by Icecube

The black actually hides how ugly it is... the Red highlights make it dreadful.

Not only is it ugly... the front suspension looks so cheesy compared to Cat’s front suspension.

Edited by Icecube

Yea it’s masked well with dark shades. I always thought they were putrid to begin with but I took that picture of all of our sleds Saturday and when I went back and looked at it I was shocked that they’re even worse than I thought. I also rode it and that was lackluster as well. If people actually rode sleds abc based their decisions on buying them off that I think textron would own BRP and arctic cat would be Duking it out with Poo for number 1. Ski doo gets so deep in peoples brains though it’s insane. Forget BNG they go with BSEFG (bold same exact fucking graphics for the laymen) ski doo fucking sucks. Or maybe I’m just mad because I just had to help my buddy do secondary rollers in his 17 XRS and you have to dismantle half the fucking machine for something you should be able to do by taking a single bolt out... Anyhow fuck ski doo and all the head to toe XPS clowns that ride them. 😂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Yea it’s masked well with dark shades. I always thought they were putrid to begin with but I took that picture of all of our sleds Saturday and when I went back and looked at it I was shocked that they’re even worse than I thought. I also rode it and that was lackluster as well. If people actually rode sleds abc based their decisions on buying them off that I think textron would own BRP and arctic cat would be Duking it out with Poo for number 1. Ski doo gets so deep in peoples brains though it’s insane. Forget BNG they go with BSEFG (bold same exact fucking graphics for the laymen) ski doo fucking sucks. Or maybe I’m just mad because I just had to help my buddy do secondary rollers in his 17 XRS and you have to dismantle half the fucking machine for something you should be able to do by taking a single bolt out... Anyhow fuck ski doo and all the head to toe XPS clowns that ride them. 😂

Amen!

Smoke and mirrors... they make a product but it’s not what everyone makes them out to be, especially from the mechanical quality and durability standpoint.

‘And they are Canuck’s!

Awful people!

:canadaflag:

12 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Amen!

Smoke and mirrors... they make a product but it’s not what everyone makes them out to be, especially from the mechanical quality and durability standpoint.

‘And they are Canuck’s!

Awful people!

:canadaflag:

Don’t get me wrong it’s a genius marketing ploy to charge people so much for lack luster machines and accessories that they have no choice but to be fully invested in your brand, but fuck are they lack luster. Honestly I probably have an RR over an XCR just because of my comfortability on the procross platform and the walker evans vs QS3R’s. If I could afford one of each I’d have them both. But I think I have my buddy talked into an indy XCR 850 for next year and I’m sure we’ll do a lot of swapping back ang forth to compare that and my 22 RR once they’re set up.

Edit- forgot to make my point. Polaris and Cat are so close with their badass trail sleds (RR/XCR) and Doo is absolutely out to lunch with the renegade XRS it’s embarrassing, but Im almost positive that if the Assault 144 isn’t the number one selling trail sled the Renny XRS is, makes no sense.

Edited by Palu49

fwiw, I think the Cat's actually look good... but the problem they aren't addressing is familiarity.  as long as the non-faithful see the 2012, and perceive there's nothing new for them - they aren't going to buy them and that doesn't help the Cat loyalists that hope to see the brand survive and possibly thrive.

'they' are their own worst enemy, not Polaris or SkiDoo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fwiw, I think the Cat's actually look good... but the problem they aren't addressing is familiarity.  as long as the non-faithful see the 2012, and perceive there's nothing new for them - they aren't going to buy them and that doesn't help the Cat loyalists that hope to see the brand survive and possibly thrive.

I agree 1000% as soon as the 18s came out I said that they should’ve called it something else. They need a gauge, at least optional for the bar hopping dildos that care about that stuff or to show they’re listening and care. Cat needs a skid that can handle the big bumps at high speeds like the slide action but isn’t stiffer than a honeymooners prick on smooth trails. Ski doo has the best skid at low speeds by far, Polaris is better at low speeds but isn’t as stable or comfortable at high speeds through the big stuff as the cat imo, the r motion is horrible and unpredictable in high speed bumps from what I’ve experienced on them. If cat could make a skid that keeps the front a little more planted than the Polaris but still will transfer and have a “fun factor” and put someone in there that can market the shit out it then I think they could start pulling people back in. They’re not far off the mark and I don’t understand really why people who ride them are so mad about it but I do absolutely agree that they aren’t doing anything that’s gonna bring in new customers.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I agree 1000% as soon as the 18s came out I said that they should’ve called it something else. They need a gauge, at least optional for the bar hopping dildos that care about that stuff or to show they’re listening and care. Cat needs a skid that can handle the big bumps at high speeds like the slide action but isn’t stiffer than a honeymooners prick on smooth trails. Ski doo has the best skid at low speeds by far, Polaris is better at low speeds but isn’t as stable or comfortable at high speeds through the big stuff as the cat imo, the r motion is horrible and unpredictable in high speed bumps from what I’ve experienced on them. If cat could make a skid that keeps the front a little more planted than the Polaris but still will transfer and have a “fun factor” and put someone in there that can market the shit out it then I think they could start pulling people back in. They’re not far off the mark and I don’t understand really why people who ride them are so mad about it but I do absolutely agree that they aren’t doing anything that’s gonna bring in new customers.

can you blame people willing to spend $12-15K (or more) for wanting the latest-greatest pile of whatever D&P are selling?  in their eyes, Cat is just BNG's every year since 2012 - at least for the trail riding crowd.  nothing to see here, please move along to the companies selling a new look and gizmo every other year.  to guys like you and I who don't care about an ipad on the hood, there are five people now that want that shit, so give it to them, just don't force it on potential buyers.  

really, if they fixed the mushy low seat, came up with an improved skid that can be set up in 'playful mode', left the front end alone, revised the plastics again and shaved a little weight in the right places... winner !??!    even Cat guys who like the Procross are sick of seeing it slathered in a new color scheme every year, and if Cat starts losing more of those customers... they are f@cked.

idk how anyone from Textron can look at Polaris's snowcheck options and sleep at night, as THAT is CUSTOMER SERVICE

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

can you blame people willing to spend $12-15K (or more) for wanting the latest-greatest pile of whatever D&P are selling?  in their eyes, Cat is just BNG's every year since 2012 - at least for the trail riding crowd.  nothing to see here, please move along to the companies selling a new look and gizmo every other year.  to guys like you and I who don't care about an ipad on the hood, there are five people now that want that shit, so give it to them, just don't force it on potential buyers.  

really, if they fixed the mushy low seat, came up with an improved skid that can be set up in 'playful mode', left the front end alone, revised the plastics again and shaved a little weight in the right places... winner !??!    even Cat guys who like the Procross are sick of seeing it slathered in a new color scheme every year, and if Cat starts losing more of those customers... they are f@cked.

idk how anyone from Textron can look at Polaris's snowcheck options and sleep at night, as THAT is CUSTOMER SERVICE

Polaris is absolutely killing it right now especially with marketing and options. No doubt about that but it’s not like they did that overnight either, they had absolute garbage for a while and slowly over the last 10 years built themselves into the powerhouse they are. I think if cat could get the gauge thing out of the way to shut people up and like we said a “playful” skid it would get a lot of attention. I honestly would rather they didn’t change the body of what they have now just because changes have a tendency of ruining good things. And obviously the biggest thing would be a bigger than 850 motor or even some sort of triple, I feel like with emissions playing a factor big now and them having  a bulkhead that would fit it, an 800 or 900 triple would be something that pulled people over in droves just to say they had one. I think some decent little changes marketed the right way could put them right back in the game and I also agree they do need to do something soon to stop losing people before it’s far too late. 

• Thanks 1

You guys are awesome!

Your well versed in our sport and what’s going on with the OEM’s and their products.

Glad to be in this arena with ya all.

Oh... and I was just being funny about us Canuck’s... if you can’t laugh at yourself first you shouldn’t laugh at others

Peace

:bounce:

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The fastest way I know I should stop talking to somebody about sleds is when they say the PC hasn't changed since 2012...or any repeated idiotic remark using the word "Chassis"....when it's clear they don't know the definition.  It really saves me a lot of time and headache.  I do the same with people that talk hockey but have never laced up.  

Life can be made easier.... if you let it be.

....also, anybody that says their Walker Evans shocks are good is another really good indicator to walk away. :lol:

I've been saying for several years that Walker Evans are the weakest link on the Polaris sleds ... yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you clowns will say it's the engines!! LOL  I wish I could've given my Matryx a ride this year to see if these Velocity shocks are all they claim to be, but I guess I'll have to wait another season (hopefully I'll be back in the saddle next year).  We've made comments to Chris Wolf (big shot with the snow division at Polaris) that Polaris needs to offer snow check customers the option of W/E's or QS3's ... Polaris DOES actually use the QS3's on the Titan, I believe.  There's been some rumors that option may be out there this year.  Of course, I'm sure that'll come with yet another price increase & the thought of $16K+ for a sled just makes me puke.

As far as Cat goes, you guys hit the nail on the head with the comment about non-Cat people seeing it as a 2012 Pro-Cross (even though I know it's not).  Textron needs to be willing to kick some coin into PRODUCING some new stuff, because we all know the R&D has some pretty damn impressive protos out there.

On the topic of Doo ... no thanks.  Still uglier than hell, and pricier than anything else out there.  If I was forced to leave Polaris & couldn't get a good Cat dealer, I'd actually consider a Lynx before I'd buy a Doo.

• Like 1