SkiDoo 2022

So far ...

I missed the Mountain segment stuff, but here's the trail stuff so far:

SmartShox - sensors on the shocks doing 50 readings/second to adjust

900 ACE Turbo R ... 180 horsepower

MachZ is back ... 900 Turbo R engine with a holeshot button 

Agree $20K US is too expensive for any sled but they will sell.  Too many have been waiting a long time for one to materialize.  The HP is likely 190 in reality so you are getting a factory tuned sled with a warranty but man that's still a lot of dollars sitting there when the snow isn't flying.

2 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

Huh?  you base this offf? 

Years of reporting a conservative number on the spec sheets that is proven to be so by the aftermarket dyno's.  Specific to the 900T it launched the first year with a spec sheet number of 155HP.  Every tuner on the planet had it on a dyno to begin creating their tunes and everyone of them was at or just above 160HP.  The sled also runs side by side with "165HP" two strokes so it has to be right at or near the same output just not on the spec sheets.

Second season of the 900T release.  Spec sheet suddenly drops to 150HP.  Many questions about what was changed or why.  Tuners say it's exactly the same factory setup, tune and still putting out 160HP.  Now comes the R version with a spec sheet stated 180HP and there is no reason to not believe the sled is being conservatively rated.  The Yammie is no different.  Everyone knows it's also not a 180HP sled.

11 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Years of reporting a conservative number on the spec sheets that is proven to be so by the aftermarket dyno's.  Specific to the 900T it launched the first year with a spec sheet number of 155HP.  Every tuner on the planet had it on a dyno to begin creating their tunes and everyone of them was at or just above 160HP.  The sled also runs side by side with "165HP" two strokes so it has to be right at or near the same output just not on the spec sheets.

Second season of the 900T release.  Spec sheet suddenly drops to 150HP.  Many questions about what was changed or why.  Tuners say it's exactly the same factory setup, tune and still putting out 160HP.  Now comes the R version with a spec sheet stated 180HP and there is no reason to not believe the sled is being conservatively rated.  The Yammie is no different.  Everyone knows it's also not a 180HP sled.

Fair enough.  over deliver under promise 

9 hours ago, jdsky said:

Maybe easier and cheaper for getting an insurance policy?

There is no way I'm spending the money they want for the Mach Z. They will be getting list price for them and my dealer has already sold a few.  I ordered the X pkg for 5000 dollars less and it comes with the same engine and clutching with a more trail friendly suspension set up.

14 minutes ago, Doo900t said:

There is no way I'm spending the money they want for the Mach Z. They will be getting list price for them and my dealer has already sold a few.  I ordered the X pkg for 5000 dollars less and it comes with the same engine and clutching with a more trail friendly suspension set up.

Agreed ... 1000000%     With the Mach, all you're getting is "Launch Control" and somewhat of a lowered suspension, right?  SkiDoo is profiting off of nostalgia and supposedly a limited, one year offer, with the Mach.

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Agreed ... 1000000%     With the Mach, all you're getting is "Launch Control" and somewhat of a lowered suspension, right?  SkiDoo is profiting off of nostalgia and supposedly a limited, one year offer, with the Mach.

Oh don't forget the smart shocks and useless gauge. Just more crap to break as far as I'm concerned.

18 minutes ago, Doo900t said:

Everyone is so focused on the list price of the Mach Z that the fact that an XRS with the Turbo R motor, active suspension and upgraded gauge and track option stickers for $19,400.  My 2020 with 150HP, stock gauge and no Rmotion X or RAS X suspension listed for $16,500 and I would not be willing to drop another $3K for the 2022 with the upgrades.

Now the X model with 30HP more (which I can pickup with a cheap tune) and suspension upgrades but no KYB Pro's lists for the same price.  I think BRP has taken the list prices a bit too far even with the high demand for sleds, unless they know that manufacturing shortages will be a massive problem again this year and will only be able to ship a limited number of units.  Spring Check deadlines are also a month early for some models and at least two weeks earlier for the XRS models.

On 2/17/2021 at 5:01 PM, jdsky said:

Agree $20K US is too expensive for any sled but they will sell.  Too many have been waiting a long time for one to materialize.  The HP is likely 190 in reality so you are getting a factory tuned sled with a warranty but man that's still a lot of dollars sitting there when the snow isn't flying.

195-205 stk 17.9 lbs of boost new belt guard ,intercooler ,drive clutch .weights ,intake,exhaust/muffler .It's the real deal .

This is what I was told by a Doo insider.

• Like 1

Just now, oldslowsledder said:

Excellent, Congratulations!! Did you shop around at all, trade in? Sorry for being nosey but considering one

No I didn't.  I bought my 2020 Renegade XRS from them after getting a recommendation, no trades.  

Gonna sell the Cat XF8000 and Poo Rush 600, so it will leave me with the 2020 Doo and 2019 Poo as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doo900t said:

195-205 stk 17.9 lbs of boost new belt guard ,intercooler ,drive clutch .weights ,intake,exhaust/muffler .It's the real deal .

This is what I was told by a Doo insider.

Oh and I forgot it also comes with larger fuel injectors.

• 3 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 7:16 AM, jdsky said:

On 2/18/2021 at 7:28 AM, Cwhite138 said:

Fair enough.  over deliver under promise 

On 2/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, Icecube said:

Maybe easier and cheaper for getting an insurance policy?

I'll take 'for Insurance reasons' for $100 Alex

alex.gif

prices on everything are nuts, so why shouldn't sleds follow suit

what's the Mach worth five years from now?  

that said, this isn't a value sport or even close to it.  there's no worse financial investment than a snowmobile

god bless capitalism

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...