Accidents accidents accidents

Shifty

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

my poos gas gauge makes me long for the revs in tank which i actually think were more accurate while being till this point the worst gauge I ever had. 

I think I could truly be happy on a 650 VR1,  reminds me a lot of the 700 back in the day being a sweet spot.   

You will be longing for an x3....save your money.

52 minutes ago, XCR INDY said:

Yes, the 650's sure are for the right people. I guess i missed all the cries that the 120/125 hp class needed to be replaced and wasn't enough for most women and children, instead of just making it more efficient.  My complaint is, Polaris replaced or is phasing out the durable 120/125 hp INEFFICIENT 12-14.5 mpg 600 with a slightly better INEFFICIENT 12-17 mpg 135/140 hp 650, that no one really asked for. I don't need people to chime in with mpg, "it doesn't matter" or "it's all in how you ride", the wife has had 5 Polaris 600's since 2007 and the 12-14.5 mpg are her own experience's. Now she's averaging 19-20.5 mpg on her Ski-Doo. The best part is at 100 miles on the trip meter, I don't have to hear her say, "are you sure you filled my sled up, cause the gauge has been on empty for the last 10 miles". 

It took you 5 times? If you're so disappointed in the fuel efficiency of the Poo 600, you would have only owned 1. For god's sake, if you're so concerned about fuel mileage, your wife should be riding a 4 stroke. I could never understand people who drop 10 - 15k on new sleds and are concerned about fuel mileage. :lmao:

50 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It took you 5 times? If you're so disappointed in the fuel efficiency of the Poo 600, you would have only owned 1. For god's sake, if you're so concerned about fuel mileage, your wife should be riding a 4 stroke. I could never understand people who drop 10 - 15k on new sleds and are concerned about fuel mileage. :lmao:

It can be more about the range that you get from a tank of fuel than actual fuel mileage costs.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Well, I can't make you read,but as stated, it was a more of a combination things. Again, I don't remember anyone crying about under powered 600's. So being Polaris faithful we waited, all while being able to pick up new leftovers for cheap. This year equal builds, Polaris Launch 650 $14121.00 and IMO still shitty economy or Ski-Doo TNT 600 $11999.00 with added economy, Winner. And yes, to me dropping $11000 instead of $13000 plus added fuel economy matters. 

47 minutes ago, ckf said:

It can be more about the range that you get from a tank of fuel than actual fuel mileage costs.

This combined with the fact that when you are filling up two or three sleds at every gas stop it matters and why I have all four strokes in the trailer.  Normally those saying suck it up and pay the piper are fueling one sled only and then I agree, it does not matter.

To be fair though I was surprised by the new old tech Doo 600 EFI.  Had one in our group last week and it was needing fuel at the same time as the Cat's and Poo's.

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

This combined with the fact that when you are filling up two or three sleds at every gas stop it matters and why I have all four strokes in the trailer.  Normally those saying suck it up and pay the piper are fueling one sled only and then I agree, it does not matter.

To be fair though I was surprised by the new old tech Doo 600 EFI.  Had one in our group last week and it was needing fuel at the same time as the Cat's and Poo's.

Doo 600 efi? Sdi? Etec?

Just now, jdsky said:

This one.  The new old school 600 EFI @85HP blast killer.  One in our group had one as a rental.  Top speed was 84 GPS.  Not bad for an $8K sled.  

Sport 600 EFI.png

Oh I misunderstood....I thought you were talking about older sleds.

My bad.

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

How was the fuel/ oil usage?

I was surprised at how much fuel it drank as it has a 9.5 gallon tank and it needed gas as much as the Poo and Cat riders in the group did.  Not exact numbers but going to guess it was getting around 12-14 but the sled was brand new with only 10 miles on the clock when he picked it up. 

That could also have contributed to the oil usage being a bit high as well as it had burned an entire gallon at the 385 mile mark but assume it was in break-in mode so that should improve.  I was just used to my Etec's getting 6-700 miles on a gallon of oil and a solid 18MPG's no matter what.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XCR INDY said:

Well, I can't make you read,but as stated, it was a more of a combination things. Again, I don't remember anyone crying about under powered 600's. So being Polaris faithful we waited, all while being able to pick up new leftovers for cheap. This year equal builds, Polaris Launch 650 $14121.00 and IMO still shitty economy or Ski-Doo TNT 600 $11999.00 with added economy, Winner. And yes, to me dropping $11000 instead of $13000 plus added fuel economy matters. 

Wouldn't the TNT be more comparative to the Indy XC 600 129" price wise ???

45 minutes ago, jdsky said:

or ride 500 miles in a  season.  I'll ride 4-5 weekends and put half the miles that the previous owner of my sled did in 5 years.  Filling 1 sled as you say is not a big deal but guys who have 3-4-5 sleds it makes a difference.  

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wouldn't the TNT be more comparative to the Indy XC 600 129" price wise ???

Your right per price point, but I guess I’m comparing latest greatest engine technology. I Still have 2 Polaris 600’s a ‘14 Indy sp and a ‘17 xcr, so the old tech 600 was not an option. 

1 minute ago, XCR INDY said:

Your right per price point, but I guess I’m comparing latest greatest engine technology. I Still have 2 Polaris 600’s a ‘14 Indy sp and a ‘17 xcr, so the old tech 600 was not an option. 

10 4

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

I was surprised at how much fuel it drank as it has a 9.5 gallon tank and it needed gas as much as the Poo and Cat riders in the group did.  Not exact numbers but going to guess it was getting around 12-14 but the sled was brand new with only 10 miles on the clock when he picked it up. 

That could also have contributed to the oil usage being a bit high as well as it had burned an entire gallon at the 385 mile mark but assume it was in break-in mode so that should improve.  I was just used to my Etec's getting 6-700 miles on a gallon of oil and a solid 18MPG's no matter what.

Yeah. G4 only have 36L tank.

Should get better on oil/ fuel after break in.