Accidents accidents accidents

Shifty

18 minutes ago, Dave said:

Deer jump across the trail in the daytime too...I've actually had more close calls in the day than at night with deer moose and elk.

Don’t worry....your ass on a 600 etec ain’t getting moving fast enough to hurt you or the moose 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Salisbury woman killed in snowmobile accident

SALISBURY, Vt. (WCAX) - One woman is in the hospital and another is dead after a snowmobile crash in Salisbury.

State police say just before 7 p.m. Saturday, Amanda Warren, 43, of Salisbury was snowmobiling on Lake Dunmore when she hit an embankment and several trees. A passenger on the snowmobile, Kristie Humiston, 39, of Brandon was killed.

Warren was hospitalized with multiple injuries.

Police say speed and alcohol were both factors in the crash and neither rider was wearing a helmet.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:13 AM, Mainecat said:

Love riding at night for many years but after a few close calls with deer jumping across the trial I changed my mind.

I’ve run into that more by day than night. Maybe it’s my area ? We are in a very large # deer area too.  I ride alot at night. I work m-f during day and I ride from my house, so afterwork rides are plenty. Even just rode last Thurs 6pm till 1:30AM Friday. :)

Edited by CFM

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

A couple of drunk women riding double speeding on the lake.  Would Vegas even take this bet that they'd make it home safe?  Who'd cover that shit?

Know what'd be a good comparison to that?  Trying to cross thin ice on a phazer.:hiding:

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Snowmobile Crashes On Lake In Brookline Seriously Injuring Man

Snowmobile Crashes On Lake In Brookline Seriously Injuring Man | Milford, NH Patch

Racing on potanipo gone bad??? Say high rate of speed I know some guys plow a strip out there every year.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, 800renegaderider said:

Racing on potanipo gone bad??? Say high rate of speed I know some guys plow a strip out there every year.

rumor has it he wasnt wearing a helmet. So prolly a drunk who decided to jump on a buds sled.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

rumor has it he wasnt wearing a helmet. So prolly a drunk who decided to jump on a buds sled.

Wouldn’t doubt it was a drunk at all. I’ve seen people in the past come across the lake from the Cleveland hill road side we’re the trail comes onto the lake and go flying across and hit the berms of the plowed section launching themselves off like a big jump. If you don’t know that side is plowed it be hard to see in the dark.

23 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Salisbury woman killed in snowmobile accident

SALISBURY, Vt. (WCAX) - One woman is in the hospital and another is dead after a snowmobile crash in Salisbury.

State police say just before 7 p.m. Saturday, Amanda Warren, 43, of Salisbury was snowmobiling on Lake Dunmore when she hit an embankment and several trees. A passenger on the snowmobile, Kristie Humiston, 39, of Brandon was killed.

Warren was hospitalized with multiple injuries.

Police say speed and alcohol were both factors in the crash and neither rider was wearing a helmet.

Well, her life will never be the same.

The guilt will be hers for ever.