Accidents accidents accidents

Shifty

1 minute ago, Snake said:

This past weekend I got the moron who turns around too look at the rest of his group while he rides right towards me and throws me into the pucker brush.

Looked like Wolverton's buddies but with less skill... :lol:

We need horns on these machines! LOL

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

There are a lot of noobs to the sport this year. I have no idea why but for some reason a shit load of people thought they need to try snowmobiling this year. And these boneheads are buying long track sleds to ride on trails or 800's 850's and I have a feeling there is going to be alot of carnage. We have already had some close calls with people riding on the wrong side of the trails this season. 

I went for one ride on my summit  154 on the trails and said fuck this....even though it doesn't have the narrow summit front end anymore it was a handful with the t motion skid....my little 600 etec is a great trail ripper.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Do you still drink and ride?

Yes but not like I used to. I’ll drink some beers but since I quit drinking booze 100% I dont and can’t get nearly as drunk as I used to occasionally. I keep telling all these guys to leave the fucking booze alone when we’re riding but they don’t listen. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We’ve had a bad year for people I know crashing. 2 required serious hospitalization. All but one due to excessive alcohol.

Bro, 99% of all crashes have one or all of three commonalities... 

1. alcohol

2. excessive speed

3. late at night

Thats why I like to get out early and put away after dinner so I can drink safely! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Shifty said:

I have a buddy who put one on his sled. I’ve thought about. 

yeah so one of my buds put that fucking train air horn on his pick up because he thinks its cool. Its fucking obnoxious but I could see a use for it on a sled. I would like to wake some mother fuckers up

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

all the Polaris sled rental places are on 650's,  Poo got them all out there to show off the matryx.  

I talked to my dealer the a few days after they dropped off his fleet of 650 rentals...he seemed almost surprised buy the whole thing and yeah a bad idea...550 fans to a 650..SMH

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Bro, 99% of all crashes have one or all of three commonalities... 

1. alcohol

2. excessive speed

3. late at night

Thats why I like to get out early and put away after dinner so I can drink safely! 

With the grey days here I've always done more riding at night then day riding.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We’ve had a bad year for people I know crashing. 2 required serious hospitalization. All but one due to excessive alcohol.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I’m glad I don’t drink and ride anymore.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave said:

I still ride at night but thats when the drunks and ricky racers are out. Good thing is its easier to see who is coming with the lights. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I still ride at night but thats when the drunks and ricky racers are out. Good thing is its easier to see who is coming with the lights. 

All of our crashes were at night....fairly low speed and the dude’s were hammered drunk. One chick blew across the lake right into shore at about 85 and is lucky to be alive. One guy just got tossed by some RR tracks and hit the ground funny breaking ribs and puncturing a lung

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

All of our crashes were at night....fairly low speed and the dude’s were hammered drunk. One chick blew across the lake right into shore at about 85 and is lucky to be alive. One guy just got tossed by some RR tracks and hit the ground funny breaking ribs and puncturing a lung

I could never get that drunk...I'd need a trailer!

:lol:

Just now, Dave said:

I could never get that drunk...I'd need a trailer!

I mean I have certainly been a part of the problem earlier in my life but at this point I know my limitations. I would pay someone to drive me home. Preferably someone sober LOL 

Just now, Anler said:

I mean I have certainly been a part of the problem earlier in my life but at this point I know my limitations. I would pay someone to drive me home. Preferably someone sober LOL 

I learned my limitations when I was a teenager...

3 hours ago, CFM said:

I’ve lost a few people I knew sledding and I broke a vertebrae sledding. Be careful out there guys. 

Yeah I know 3 guys who died and 1 in a chair . Have a bud right now in the hospital on CO till Thursday at the soonest before they are letting him out to fly home .4 busted ribs and a punctured lung.  And not even a good story to boot lol 

46 minutes ago, Snake said:

I dont but I still smoke pot and ride . But really only do that when in the  bush for some reason when I get high in the winter now I get cold unless doing something active and trail riding is not near active enough to keep me warm when high 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

When I left the road drunk in my pick up in front of the Immigration and Naturalization Office in Jackman, that was my wake up call.

How long ago was that?

56 minutes ago, Dave said:

I have totaled 2 sleds in the hills on overcast flat light days.  Stupid to go out in it but you are on vacation 18 hrs from home so you go and 1 out of 10 times someone's sled comes home all fucked up 

• Like 1