Matryx VR1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

My 2017 was just an adrenaline so I’ve never I didn’t own their fancy rack system but my buddies 2017 xrs didn’t seem that much better

The rack is needed IMO but for loose snow you wouldn't notice it as much as on rock hard snow. It just keeps both skis on the same turn angle where the non rack will have more inside ski turn in and scrub on sharper corners. The more you turn the bars the greater the turn angle between skis.

The new front is just wider with similar geometry (not 100% on this) but what ever they did it does work.

Have about 1200 miles on my G4 Backcountry now, and put about 4000 on my G4 Renegade 900 turbo.  Ski doo is giving up nothing right now. I did put Pilot 6.9s on which made a huge improvement.  Its no short track but I have no issue clipping along at a good pace on the trail.  Id say it is a better trail sled than my 137 Freeride was for sure.  And still has more track for the deep stuff.  

55 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Have about 1200 miles on my G4 Backcountry now, and put about 4000 on my G4 Renegade 900 turbo.  Ski doo is giving up nothing right now. I did put Pilot 6.9s on which made a huge improvement.  Its no short track but I have no issue clipping along at a good pace on the trail.  Id say it is a better trail sled than my 137 Freeride was for sure.  And still has more track for the deep stuff.  

I still think the axys is a better chassis but the G4 is very good. The 850 etec is a great motor for a 2s also

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I still think the axys is a better chassis but the G4 is very good. The 850 etec is a great motor for a 2s also

Id like to take a spin on a new Poo, but I have my Backcountry really dialed right now.  Not wanting for much.  Does about 97 mph on gps in good conditions and goes really well in deep snow

18 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Id like to take a spin on a new Poo, but I have my Backcountry really dialed right now.  Not wanting for much.  Does about 97 mph on gps in good conditions and goes really well in deep snow

I’d give the nod to the poo on ergonomics and ease of access. Otherwise for my money they are close

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

ergos on the matryx were spot on.  couple more inches of riser would be only change i would need.  

I think I need the big boy springs and/or the rear shock revalved. Seems to bottom out a bit too easy. Not horrible but noticeable. That’s my only complaint about the VR1 and I’m almost at 1000 miles. 

9 hours ago, Edmo said:

I think I need the big boy springs and/or the rear shock revalved. Seems to bottom out a bit too easy. Not horrible but noticeable. That’s my only complaint about the VR1 and I’m almost at 1000 miles. 

I put heavier springs on almost all my past several sleds, but for some reason this base model Backcountry feels fine to me.  I have the blocks in the middle preload wise, and it feels minty.  Im really impressed with the stock calibrations on this sled.  Rarely bottoms except for the big ones, as it should, and floats pretty respectably through the chop.  After hearing all the horror stories about the t motion, the c motion is pretty good.  My Assault wasnt this good until i had it revalved.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Edmo said:

I thought I might need to do that on my sled as I usually need to but it seems to be sprung heavier than my Pro Ride SB Assault. I’ve got everything set in the middle and it seemed to work well.👍🏼🇺🇸

21 hours ago, Roosting said:

The rack is needed IMO but for loose snow you wouldn't notice it as much as on rock hard snow. It just keeps both skis on the same turn angle where the non rack will have more inside ski turn in and scrub on sharper corners. The more you turn the bars the greater the turn angle between skis.

The new front is just wider with similar geometry (not 100% on this) but what ever they did it does work.

One of my buds got a 21 xrs and he says its amazing. They really improved the steering. He buys a new xrs every year and I rode his last year and I thought that one was pretty good. I cant wait to try the new one. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I thought I might need to do that on my sled as I usually need to but it seems to be sprung heavier than my Pro Ride SB Assault. I’ve got everything set in the middle and it seemed to work well.👍🏼🇺🇸

My assault was sprung very stiff. I had it on the lowest setting with my fat ass. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 7:04 PM, Angry ginger said:

So rented a VR1 650 today.  137 with the 1.25 ice ripper.  Put 180 miles on,  160 on that and 20 on my buddys 20 Axys 137 800

Polaris hit the ball out of the park with the new chassis and the 650 motor.  Anyone not as manly as Bhent could be happy in tighter trail areas the 50-70 pull is good.  top speed of 93 on the dream meter.  Seating position and the gauge are awesome.  Ride command may be the biggest POS ever with shitty mapping at least in the NE.  Had to rely on paper map as it had been 10 years since i rode the area  

Cornering is not as flat as the Axys 137 but it lifted skis better than the Axys which i liked as it was similar to my Doo XS  Switched off with him for a bit and the Axys is good but not great.  I think with some setting up the matryx can be great.  Looking for a 850 VR1 137 with the 1.5 ice storm track now.  Want the shocks over the launch edition.  Need some fat boy springs in it.  I'll need some more carbide and 2 inch higher riser.  

Word was a long time ago that the matrix is very tippy in the corners 

Edited by ACE

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Axys was definitely flatter and less tippy.  I rode a coupl of freerides for 5k miles each so i didn't find it objectionable at all.  

You literally said it’s not as flat cornering as the axys 

Freerides are junk tbh 

On 1/31/2021 at 9:40 PM, SSFB said:

Correction......

0.2 miles :lol:

Saw another ‘new’ totaled POO locally while ago. Fell off sled deck. :(

Edited by CFM