Matryx VR1

58 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

local company here sells complete ATV and sled maps,  in garmin format and if you backload your data it compares what is open from year to year based on where people have been riding as well as communicating with clubs.   they give you a year worth of updates when you buy,   it's pretty awesome and while not perfect it's close.  Also you can choose to have it show old closed trails which is nice to be able to use them as shortcuts.  

what was the rental costs ?  $245 a day ? plus $1,000 ? ( you will get it back when you take it back in ) 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I and the guys I ride with have found the Polaris app is the best map/gps available. I've used several over the years. 

Not sure if you are involed in a club . But if so just a fyi ez money is selling pins on the polaris app to bars hotels etc .poo let's club keep the cash and put in the pin for free if any way related to the sport . We use it as a up sell on our paper map adds call it a hundred every 2 yrs . Acctusly pretty cheep for all the direct related exposure imho

Edited by Ez ryder

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Not sure if you are involed in a club . But if so just a fyi ez money is selling pins on the polaris app to bars hotels etc .poo let's club keep the cash and put in the pin for free if any way related to the sport . We use it as a up sell on our paper map adds call it a hundred every 2 yrs . Acctusly pretty cheep for all the direct related exposure imho

Well the gps shows all of the eateries and gas stations by my house and I am probably 40 miles from any trails. Its a great app. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah I wanna say its like $300 or more on weekends. 

i was shocked when i heard the price

SO Polaris only has a handful of these VR1's in new england-  none with the track i want.  Settle for a launch edition or buy a temp sled for the rest of this season and spring order is the question.   Found a scaffold axys 800 switchback and 500ss 2007 rev for a good deal might run over and look at those. prob be able to sell end of season and break even and take the boy a few times.   

Edited by Angry ginger

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

SO Polaris only has a handful of these VR1's in new england-  none with the track i want.  Settle for a launch edition or buy a temp sled for the rest of this season and spring order is the question.   Found a scaffold axys 800 switchback and 500ss 2007 rev for a good deal might run over and look at those. prob be able to sell end of season and break even and take the boy a few times.   

Scaffold axys is the best trail sled ever made. If you are going to ride mostly trails it is the shizzle. The Matryx is more comfortable but doesnt rail like the scaffold does. 

The Rush is fun to ride but the switchback pro s is better all around for comfort and handling. I am still thinking about getting a switchback pro s or xcr before they stop making them. Its an awesome machine. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

2021 Polaris 850 Indy XCR 129 Factory Choice Snowmobiles Milford New Hampshire (amherstmotorsports.com)

50 minutes ago, Anler said:

The Rush is fun to ride but the switchback pro s is better all around for comfort and handling. I am still thinking about getting a switchback pro s or xcr before they stop making them. Its an awesome machine. 

My pro s switch is a ripper on the trail, I frigging love the thing

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My pro s switch is a ripper on the trail, I frigging love the thing

Didnt you put the hygear set up on yours? I can only imagine how good that chassis would be with some great shocks on it. 

One of my riding buds works for a dealer network and gets a demo every season. He could ride whatever sled he wants to but he spring checked an xcr switchback 850. It still hasnt arrived yet so he has been riding a new matryx. But every time I talk to him he bitches about his sled not being ready yet LOL. That should tell you something. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Didnt you put the hygear set up on yours? I can only imagine how good that chassis would be with some great shocks on it. 

Yup, it's so good on trail, an absolute weapon

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

One of my riding buds works for a dealer network and gets a demo every season. He could ride whatever sled he wants to but he spring checked an xcr switchback 850. It still hasnt arrived yet so he has been riding a new matryx. But every time I talk to him he bitches about his sled not being ready yet LOL. That should tell you something. 

That would be my first choice for a new sled 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

That would be my first choice for a new sled 

Yeah I keep head fucking myself if I should have gotten that sled instead of the assault or if I should trade in for an xcr. There is just so many great sleds coming out of polaris now. That one is probably going to get the axe this year and its a shame. 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

not a matryx,  if i am going new i am going all in.  

I missed a axys 144 switchback this morning 2021 850 for 12.5 with a few hundred miles on it.  

1 hour ago, Anler said:

this one is a pro S.   I can sell off the rev for 2500 and be into it for short money if my son doesn't want to ride.  going to look at them at 4.  

i really want the traditional tunnel for playing on logging roads which i like.  I think my buddy will also order a Matryx 137 with the 1.5 for next year and his wife will get his XC 137 800.  Somehow my sons finagled his was to a Monday-thursday night friday Day work schedule so he can ride too which will be nice.  

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Most of the poo employees have not got there sleds yet . Talk about butt hurt . It is not like they just give them sleds it is part of the compensation package they accept when they take the job. And every one I know says they figured that in to the salary when negotiating  . 

21 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Most of the poo employees have not got there sleds yet . Talk about butt hurt . It is not like they just give them sleds it is part of the compensation package they accept when they take the job. And every one I know says they figured that in to the salary when negotiating  . 

Part of his terms when they hired him was he gets a demo sled to use at his leisure. But he can ride any of them. Polaris, Yamaha and skidoo. The sled being ready has nothing to do with them fucking with him it is about supply issues. Polaris sales are up 200% this year across all segments. They are kicking ass. 

17 hours ago, Anler said:

It works great. The only problems I have with the pidd is it's too small to read while riding and it runs out of storage if you put on alot of miles. Basically once you get over 300+ miles you will have to save or clear the track and start over. But as far as gps it works great. 

Exactly how i would describe my first gen PIDD.  And mine had all the NE trails on it.

3 hours ago, Anler said:

You’re all over the map dude. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Part of his terms when they hired him was he gets a demo sled to use at his leisure. But he can ride any of them. Polaris, Yamaha and skidoo. The sled being ready has nothing to do with them fucking with him it is about supply issues. Polaris sales are up 200% this year across all segments. They are kicking ass. 

They are. from what I gather walker evens is the biggest kink in the chain . And poo is putting workers sleds last in line on the production schedule. They can go and get one from the indy fleet reserved for hourly workers to check out for weekends but not the same lol