Matryx VR1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

not a matryx,  if i am going new i am going all in.  

I missed a axys 144 switchback this morning 2021 850 for 12.5 with a few hundred miles on it.  

That would have been a very good deal for that sled...I missed a couple of deals like that as well. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

officially reeled back in

PXL_20210202_003247486.jpg

Nice sled. I’m holding off on sled buying because prices are stupid and I’m predicting an early spring here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Nice sled. I’m holding off on sled buying because prices are stupid and I’m predicting an early spring here. 

i got both of those for less than half what i would have paid for a VR1

the list of extras is pretty good as well

Poo has studs, 2 extra belts, 2 sets of plugs, rear rack with hard bag,  handlebar bag, scratchers, mirrors and 12v and shield plugs.  outside of mirrors and studs i'd do all that to any sled.  i was looking at 500+ in add ons to the matryx

Doo has 2 belts, soft bag,  basically brand new cobra track and scratchers

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i got both of those for less than half what i would have paid for a VR1

the list of extras is pretty good as well

Poo has studs, 2 extra belts, 2 sets of plugs, rear rack with hard bag,  handlebar bag, scratchers, mirrors and 12v and shield plugs.  outside of mirrors and studs i'd do all that to any sled.  i was looking at 500+ in add ons to the matryx

Doo has 2 belts, soft bag,  basically brand new cobra track and scratchers

Good deal no doubt. I’ve been thinking about going with a 136” Switchback instead of the 144” Assault. 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

officially reeled back in

PXL_20210202_003247486.jpg

Is that blue oval your trail stickers ? I like it if so.  

When I was a kid the MN trail sticker was the shape of the state . 

Now in MN mnusa is pushing for a larger sticker with reg number on it  uniform color for year and no numbers needed on sled 

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Good deal no doubt. I’ve been thinking about going with a 136” Switchback instead of the 144” Assault. 

Why you have the last of the great sleds with a actual fucking hood . That xf will go further and faster than a 136 switchback and take a bigger hit 

25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Why you have the last of the great sleds with a actual fucking hood . That xf will go further and faster than a 136 switchback and take a bigger hit 

The frustrating thing is the Fuel system is meth sled garbage. One day last year it was flooded after doing nothing other than sitting and this year at the start of the season it wouldn’t run because it wasn’t getting fuel into the motor. Then there’s the fact that I’ve had to fuck around with the gas tank several times and Arctic Cat can’t even source new tanks for them. It’s a fucking joke. Oh and my local dealer is an idiot. 

Other than that it’s awesome though. 

56 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The frustrating thing is the Fuel system is meth sled garbage. One day last year it was flooded after doing nothing other than sitting and this year at the start of the season it wouldn’t run because it wasn’t getting fuel into the motor. Then there’s the fact that I’ve had to fuck around with the gas tank several times and Arctic Cat can’t even source new tanks for them. It’s a fucking joke. Oh and my local dealer is an idiot. 

Other than that it’s awesome though. 

Well that sucks, I got twofiddy lmao 

edit: that is Canadian rubles as well lol.

Edited by Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, SSFB said:

Only thing about my switch is off trail, those rear suspension bars that stick out are like boat anchors when you get her far on her side..You can literally feel them dragging in the snow.  If you don't do much off trail nothing to worry about, but if you do I can assure you that you would be much happier with the assault.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Is that blue oval your trail stickers ? I like it if so.  

When I was a kid the MN trail sticker was the shape of the state . 

Now in MN mnusa is pushing for a larger sticker with reg number on it  uniform color for year and no numbers needed on sled 

yes the blue oval is the Maine sticker.  I need to remove some old stickers from the doo,  nh is the rectangle about 1x4. so not obnoxious but i don't like where they put it.  I always go on the nose cone. .  

Edited by Angry ginger

On 1/31/2021 at 7:55 PM, Ez ryder said:

It is not a new chassi it is a axsis with new body work and tank and seat  new spindles with same fr suspension geometry and new footwells bit taller bars same skid geometry.  Body work and tank  moves you a few inches and body work also helps keep more wind off . 

Cat still has the better front end, I rode my VR-1 and my wife's RS 6000 back to back through some shitty section of trail this past weekend, Between the geometry and the shocks Cat has it.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:59 PM, Anler said:

I and the guys I ride with have found the Polaris app is the best map/gps available. I've used several over the years. 

The best map is on my Lowrance Baja 5, second best is the package I got from Izzni, the Polaris app works fairly well and is convenient because it's already there.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Cat still has the better front end, I rode my VR-1 and my wife's RS 6000 back to back through some shitty section of trail this past weekend, Between the geometry and the shocks Cat has it.

That's what I noticed most riding Brian's ZR8000, the front end on that thing was awesome. :bc:

26 minutes ago, SSFB said:

That's what I noticed most riding Brian's ZR8000, the front end on that thing was awesome. :bc:

The shock package is awesome for sure. The thing I don’t like about it is the unpredictability of the ski lift. It’s was flat as a board until it wasn’t. That said I’d give it the nod over the poo and it’s way better than the doo

Edited by f7ben

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The shock package is awesome for sure. The thing I don’t like about it is the unpredictability of the ski lift. It’s was flat as a board until it wasn’t. That said I’d give it the nod over the poo and it’s way better than the doo

Way better than skidoo. But I have never ridden anything that corners flatter than that Pro xc polaris. Supposedly skidoo has made some significant improvements on theirs. I would like to ride one for sure. 

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

Way better than skidoo. But I have never ridden anything that corners flatter than that Pro xc polaris. Supposedly skidoo has made some significant improvements on theirs. I would like to ride one for sure. 

Brian’s sled is really flat but it doesn’t give you any feedback as far as when you’re gonna get that snap ski lift. He knew what I was talking about when I mentioned it.

The new doo front end when compared to the old doo front is way flatter. I get lots of inside ski lift where the guys on the new sleds are flat cornering like it is nothing. It's quite noticeable when following as we all commented on how I was fighting the lift where they had none in the same conditions. 

Just now, Roosting said:

The new doo front end when compared to the old doo front is way flatter. I get lots of inside ski lift where the guys on the new sleds are flat cornering like it is nothing. It's quite noticeable when following as we all commented on how I was fighting the lift where they had none in the same conditions. 

I hated the feedback in the handlebars on the doo. Not a good front end 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I hated the feedback in the handlebars on the doo. Not a good front end 

For as good as everything else is on the sled it is areal disappointment. But the new Ras X appears to be the real deal. It might be the first time ever for Doo to have a competent front end.

The guys that got the new iron definitely notice the improvement and when they follow me they can see the difference. 

2 minutes ago, Roosting said:

For as good as everything else is on the sled it is areal disappointment. But the new Ras X appears to be the real deal. It might be the first time ever for Doo to have a competent front end.

The guys that got the new iron definitely notice the improvement and when they follow me they can see the difference. 

My 2017 was just an adrenaline so I’ve never I didn’t own their fancy rack system but my buddies 2017 xrs didn’t seem that much better