Matryx VR1

So rented a VR1 650 today.  137 with the 1.25 ice ripper.  Put 180 miles on,  160 on that and 20 on my buddys 20 Axys 137 800

Polaris hit the ball out of the park with the new chassis and the 650 motor.  Anyone not as manly as Bhent could be happy in tighter trail areas the 50-70 pull is good.  top speed of 93 on the dream meter.  Seating position and the gauge are awesome.  Ride command may be the biggest POS ever with shitty mapping at least in the NE.  Had to rely on paper map as it had been 10 years since i rode the area  

Cornering is not as flat as the Axys 137 but it lifted skis better than the Axys which i liked as it was similar to my Doo XS  Switched off with him for a bit and the Axys is good but not great.  I think with some setting up the matryx can be great.  Looking for a 850 VR1 137 with the 1.5 ice storm track now.  Want the shocks over the launch edition.  Need some fat boy springs in it.  I'll need some more carbide and 2 inch higher riser.  

• Like 4

Well ride command works fucking awesome so your unit must have been fucked up. I have noticed mine doesn't corner as flat as my assault but I set up my assault to corner flat so it's going to take some adjustments. But other than that it's the perfect sled. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well ride command works fucking awesome so your unit must have been fucked up. I have noticed mine doesn't corner as flat as my assault but I set up my assault to corner flat so it's going to take some adjustments. But other than that it's the perfect sled. 

ride command is only as good as the mapping.  MIdwest might be fine being polaris backyard but they literally had one trail going down the state highway into town and 1/2 of the trails were just completely missing.  Until they embrace Garmin standard or buy the data from a commercial provider it's going to suck here.   My garmin is 100000000000x better and the mapping provider updates monthly with backfed data from users.   

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

is yours a 137?  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

So rented a VR1 650 today.  137 with the 1.25 ice ripper.  Put 180 miles on,  160 on that and 20 on my buddys 20 Axys 137 800

Polaris hit the ball out of the park with the new chassis and the 650 motor.  Anyone not as manly as Bhent could be happy in tighter trail areas the 50-70 pull is good.  top speed of 93 on the dream meter.  Seating position and the gauge are awesome.  Ride command may be the biggest POS ever with shitty mapping at least in the NE.  Had to rely on paper map as it had been 10 years since i rode the area  

Cornering is not as flat as the Axys 137 but it lifted skis better than the Axys which i liked as it was similar to my Doo XS  Switched off with him for a bit and the Axys is good but not great.  I think with some setting up the matryx can be great.  Looking for a 850 VR1 137 with the 1.5 ice storm track now.  Want the shocks over the launch edition.  Need some fat boy springs in it.  I'll need some more carbide and 2 inch higher riser.  

I saw one listed ill try to Find it

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My buddy rode one today as well...he rides an 850 doo. Said chassis was spot on and the 650 felt like any good running 600.

650 was stronger than any other 600 i've ridden midrange but i have not ridden the new doo 600.  Could def feel it working harder than the 800.  

Edited by Angry ginger

Just now, Angry ginger said:

650 was stronger than any other 600 i've ridden midrange but i have not ridden the new doo 600

I haven’t ridden any new 600s either except my buddies new axys 600. I can’t tell the difference between any gay faggot low hp sleds now either way after getting off mine. 600 850 650 blah blah blah....they all lay down after 80

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ride command is only as good as the mapping.  MIdwest might be fine being polaris backyard but they literally had one trail going down the state highway into town and 1/2 of the trails were just completely missing.  Until they embrace Garmin standard or buy the data from a commercial provider it's going to suck here.   My garmin is 100000000000x better and the mapping provider updates monthly with backfed data from users.   

:lol: 

48 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

It is not a new chassi it is a axsis with new body work and tank and seat  new spindles with same fr suspension geometry and new footwells bit taller bars same skid geometry.  Body work and tank  moves you a few inches and body work also helps keep more wind off . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

You can update the trails with your computer and a usb for free

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

is yours a 137?  

Yes

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yes

I haven’t had a chance to really play with the GPS on my PIDD Gauge...does it work well?

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I road the 6fiddy and I liked it. The gps is the best I have ever seen. Shows two track goat paths,pipe lines ECT.  Probably going to spring order one in the assault trim.

A guy in our club is the ride command guy . He was telling me they put something crazy like 1.4mil a year just in to ride command trail updates yearly . That is world wide trail updates and just the snow side off road is dumping even more $$$ in to trail updates 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yes

i was just on the app which i assume updates all the time.  it was better than the sleds today but still missing some sections and whole trails.   Again,  allow garmin data and it solves the issues.  

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i was just on the app which i assume updates all the time.  it was better than the sleds today but still missing some sections and whole trails.   Again,  allow garmin data and it solves the issues.  

I and the guys I ride with have found the Polaris app is the best map/gps available. I've used several over the years. 

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Every time they update they are having issues with maps going back to old versions . Then bunch of shit has to be done . Guess it has been a ongoing issue they are working on 

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I haven’t had a chance to really play with the GPS on my PIDD Gauge...does it work well?

It works great. The only problems I have with the pidd is it's too small to read while riding and it runs out of storage if you put on alot of miles. Basically once you get over 300+ miles you will have to save or clear the track and start over. But as far as gps it works great. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I and the guys I ride with have found the Polaris app is the best map/gps available. I've used several over the years. 

local company here sells complete ATV and sled maps,  in garmin format and if you backload your data it compares what is open from year to year based on where people have been riding as well as communicating with clubs.   they give you a year worth of updates when you buy,   it's pretty awesome and while not perfect it's close.  Also you can choose to have it show old closed trails which is nice to be able to use them as shortcuts.