What do you set your thermostat to at home??

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Dave said:

Use to be 68....not so much this year...I've had the fucker as high as 75....really feeling the cold this year.

Are you still thin? I remember you being on a hardcore diet a year or 2 back.

Its complicated here. Thermostat is set for 71* during the day, 62* at night. But the new addition is leaking air like a sieve. Its likely 60-65 at that end during the day so the rest of the house is some mix mash of hot or cold depending on whether the door to that room is open (colder) or closed (hotter).

My office I have to regulate temp by opening the door about 3-6 inches depending on outside temp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Are you still thin? I remember you being on a hardcore diet a year or 2 back.

Its complicated here. Thermostat is set for 71* during the day, 62* at night. But the new addition is leaking air like a sieve. Its likely 60-65 at that end during the day so the rest of the house is some mix mash of hot or cold depending on whether the door to that room is open (colder) or closed (hotter).

My office I have to regulate temp by opening the door about 3-6 inches depending on outside temp.

I've gained some back...im around 240....I feel better at that weight...was lacking energy all the time before.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave said:

I've gained some back...im around 240....I feel better at that weight...was lacking energy all the time before.

I lost 30-40 pounds last year. Got a few back. I seem to settle around 240- 250. I like to eat so dieting is only a short term solution lolz.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I lost 30-40 pounds last year. Got a few back. I seem to settle around 240- 250. I like to eat so dieting is only a short term solution lolz.

Ya if the bad for you food didnt taste so dam good.

:lol:

Edited by Dave

13 hours ago, Dave said:

You don't know cold till you've spent a winter in Saskatchewan. 

I use to spend a few weeks a winter in Kap for work. Being out in those -55c mornings, working on cars, wasn’t exactly fun but honestly I didn’t bitch about it as much as the other guys they use to send up there. 

41 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I quit smoking cold turkey 10 years ago. Thought I was going to die before I actually did it. Looking back, it was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. If I could quit eating so much, as easy as it was for me to quit smoking, I’d be 200 Lbs or less. I’ve had family/friends get the surgery and the only positive take away that they have is that they aren’t as overweight as they once were but that’s about it. All of them have some sort of weird health type issue. Hell my sister is now a full fledged drug addict from the pain pills and she had her surgery 14 years ago. That’s not entirely the surgery’s fault though. 

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I use to spend a few weeks a winter in Kap for work. Being out in those -55c mornings, working on cars, wasn’t exactly fun but honestly I didn’t bitch about it as much as the other guys they use to send up there. 

I quit smoking cold turkey 10 years ago. Thought I was going to die before I actually did it. Looking back, it was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. If I could quit eating so much, as easy as it was for me to quit smoking, I’d be 200 Lbs or less. I’ve had family/friends get the surgery and the only positive take away that they have is that they aren’t as overweight as they once were but that’s about it. All of them have some sort of weird health type issue. Hell my sister is now a full fledged drug addict from the pain pills and she had her surgery 14 years ago. That’s not entirely the surgery’s fault though. 

I used to love the cold....not anymore.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

I used to love the cold....not anymore.

I still prefer it but after finally being exposed to low humidity heat, I don’t mind that either. Fuck the sweat box heat we get here in Michigan however. I spent 4 days down in the desert SW for work a few years back. 108 was the lowest it got during the day. 132 was the highest I saw. Humidity level never went over 12%. I came home from that trip and directly went camping for Labor Day. It was 85ish with 55-65% humidity that entire weekend back here at home. Told the wife I was going back to Arizona. 

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I still prefer it but after finally being exposed to low humidity heat, I don’t mind that either. Fuck the sweat box heat we get here in Michigan however. I spent 4 days down in the desert SW for work a few years back. 108 was the lowest it got during the day. 132 was the highest I saw. Humidity level never went over 12%. I came home from that trip and directly went camping for Labor Day. It was 85ish with 55-65% humidity that entire weekend back here at home. Told the wife I was going back to Arizona. 

70 all year no humidity would be perfect....thats the average temp in Jan and Feb where we stay in AZ

30 minutes ago, Dave said:

70 all year no humidity would be perfect....thats the average temp in Jan and Feb where we stay in AZ

San Diego would be a good choice for that. My cousin moved there from northern NH after graduating college. She hatted the cold. She worked for us one summer in the canoe shop. She had a little electric heater behind the desk in August. :lol:

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

San Diego would be a good choice for that. My cousin moved there from northern NH after graduating college. She hatted the cold. She worked for us one summer in the canoe shop. She had a little electric heater behind the desk in August. :lol:

I could never live in California....I wish the dunes where in AZ so I wouldn't have to go there....thankfully its just across the AZ Stateline....Cali is such a shithole.

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

San Diego does have beautiful weather. And lots of fake tits. I couldn’t live there though. I’d shoot every fucking idiot driving a car out there and that’s not even talking about all the snowflakes just walking around. 

56 minutes ago, Dave said:

If all of our family wasn’t here, I would give it a shot out there. Easy jump up into southern Colorado to ride real snow in the winter too. 

7 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

If all of our family wasn’t here, I would give it a shot out there. Easy jump up into southern Colorado to ride real snow in the winter too. 

Mormon lake area just south of Flagstaff gets plenty of snow...no need to go to Colorado. 

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Mormon lake area just south of Flagstaff gets plenty of snow...no need to go to Colorado. 

My last trip out there included an overnight stay in Flag. Woke up to 40f with nothing more than hot weather clothes in tow. That was a quick scoot from the lobby to my truck, that’s for damn certain. If I was going to drive from the Yuma area to Flag though, I’d just keep going to Utah or Colorado, personally. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

My last trip out there included an overnight stay in Flag. Woke up to 40f with nothing more than hot weather clothes in tow. That was a quick scoot from the lobby to my truck, that’s for damn certain. If I was going to drive from the Yuma area to Flag though, I’d just keep going to Utah or Colorado, personally. 

Go for a rip in an x3 or a turbo razr in the desert....you will forget all about sledding in a hurry!

:lol:

:bc:

The problem for me is there is no substitute for sledding and I have tried just about everything.  Wheeled toys on sand, dirt and even snow.  Asphalt toys at the track.  Water toys of every type and kind.  Nothing is the same as sledding or I would have given up on it years ago just because the seasons are so short and unpredictable..... 

The only sledder's I know that gave up the sport completely either had medical conditions or no access to snow anymore.  

Woke up this morning and thought the house was a bit chilly. Thermostat said it was set for 61 (wife programs it) so I crank it to 71 and go to my office. Half an hour later it doesn't feel any warmer. I check the vent and the air isn't warm coming out. I go to check the thermostat again and it says it 55 in the house. Fuck me.

Walk down stairs to check the furnace and the gas fireplace is on in the basement. The furnace must have quick through the night and luckily the fireplace was set low and not turned off.

Fan runs in the furnace but no flames. Now I got both gas fireplaces running and 2 space heaters. My gas guy will be here at 8am tomorrow. I ordered a new furnace back in September when we started the renovations and its been sitting in my garage since before Christmas. They just hadn't got around to installing it yet.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Woke up this morning and thought the house was a bit chilly. Thermostat said it was set for 61 (wife programs it) so I crank it to 71 and go to my office. Half an hour later it doesn't feel any warmer. I check the vent and the air isn't warm coming out. I go to check the thermostat again and it says it 55 in the house. Fuck me.

Walk down stairs to check the furnace and the gas fireplace is on in the basement. The furnace must have quick through the night and luckily the fireplace was set low and not turned off.

Fan runs in the furnace but no flames. Now I got both gas fireplaces running and 2 space heaters. My gas guy will be here at 8am tomorrow. I ordered a new furnace back in September when we started the renovations and its been sitting in my garage since before Christmas. They just hadn't got around to installing it yet.

Pilot went out...just relight it.

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

The problem for me is there is no substitute for sledding and I have tried just about everything.  Wheeled toys on sand, dirt and even snow.  Asphalt toys at the track.  Water toys of every type and kind.  Nothing is the same as sledding or I would have given up on it years ago just because the seasons are so short and unpredictable..... 

The only sledder's I know that gave up the sport completely either had medical conditions or no access to snow anymore.  

THe 20 mph to 75 in 3 seconds is hard to match. Throw in some awesome scenery. A few cool stops along the way and it's real hard to beat.

• Like 2