Would people that primarily ride groomed trails buy a new sled that sits lower than most currently do?

8 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Whoah. Im fat, but not that fat, lol

yeah, but he's like 7ft tall and has banged his forehead on a lot of door jambs - so take it with a grain of salt substitute like your cardiologist suggested.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 2

ok, so here's some irony - people are flocking to BRP dealers to see and place orders for the lowered/short lug Mach Z and the stiff high riding mogul crushing Lynx Rave'

another irony, both are 'trail' sleds

nice to see one manufacturer focusing a few models on trail riders instead of the crossover/mountain segment

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok, so here's some irony - people are flocking to BRP dealers to see and place orders for the lowered/short lug Mach Z and the stiff high riding mogul crushing Lynx Rave'

nice to see one manufacturer focusing a few models on trail riders instead of the crossover/mountain segment

Nailed it, my new ride for next year

Mach Z.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Yep, once they're turned up

Yep, sure the 'Tuner's' will be working hard on that, can't wait to see what they come up with! For me personally it'll be a  fun trail sled with a burst across the lakes where I don't have to wait for that dreaded Boom!

3 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Yep, sure the 'Tuner's' will be working hard on that, can't wait to see what they come up with! For me personally it'll be a  fun trail sled with a burst across the lakes where I don't have to wait for that dreaded Boom!

it's currently making exactly what they do when we do the stage one flash, which people love.

i'm hoping do was smart enough to upgrade the fuel system on this one so that it is actually designed for a boosted motor. if so, then there is easily room for more and i'm thinking a really basic stage 1 flash will be around 200 for the new mach.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 12:32 AM, Ez ryder said:

I dont get why any one drives to da  UP to trail ride it is fucking awful 8 of 10 times . Worse part is you can sit in a ditch on the GG after running perfect trail all day and count 100 trucks and trailers in 20 min rolling thrugh with another 1 to 2.5 hrs ahead of then to ride shit 

Yup. I trail ride around our place in the lower. If I hit it during the week, or really early on a Saturday, it’s as good as the UP and half the drive. There are still a few trails that I miss riding in the UP but not enough to really worry about it. 

On 3/1/2021 at 6:21 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Because Doo gets its ass handed to it in the mountains? Well, other than the kids that want to ride wheelies and blow belts all day long. 

23 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Yep, once they're turned up

8 hours ago, Tommcat said:

it's currently making exactly what they do when we do the stage one flash, which people love.

i'm hoping do was smart enough to upgrade the fuel system on this one so that it is actually designed for a boosted motor. if so, then there is easily room for more and i'm thinking a really basic stage 1 flash will be around 200 for the new mach.

amazing how well the Renny 900T did in the shootout with '150hp' - funny how they're being de-tuned for 2022 and the Mach is 'turned up' to less than what a simple flash was doing on the early ones.  

anyone making oversized injectors for them yet Tom?  with more air... you know. 

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Because Doo gets its ass handed to it in the mountains? Well, other than the kids that want to ride wheelies and blow belts all day long. 

:dunno:idk, I don't ride in the mountains.  utterly amazing how many f'ng flatland long track Mountain Doo riders there are here in Wisconsin and Michigan though.  he doesn't talk about it much here but @mnstang has what I perceive to be an ideal flatland boondocking sled, a 2019 High Country which is twin rail and short, which to me being uneducated about off trail riding seems fun, and ideal.  there's are or were similar sleds from Poo & Doo that I don't pay attention to that also seem like they would be fun in the ideal setting.

but, going back to lowered factory trail sleds - Doo did it, and it will sell.  Cat/Yammie added power steering, and @Tommcat had the best comment on that.   

28 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

You can get bigger injectors for anything,  all they really need though, which seems to still have some people confused, is a proper fuel pressure regulator and more pump.

ikr, should be interesting to see how tuners wick these up and what parts hit the market.  sadly, BRP 4S is and will be a bigger marketplace down the road, so maybe even you will want to get in on the curve.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ikr, should be interesting to see how tuners wick these up and what parts hit the market.  sadly, BRP 4S is and will be a bigger marketplace down the road, so maybe even you will want to get in on the curve.

I've already been inside the 900 ace. 

Possibly the worst port design you could design in the head, but otherwise a good motor for its intended use.

We'll see how improved the mach is inside.

6 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

I've already been inside the 900 ace. 

Possibly the worst port design you could design in the head, but otherwise a good motor for its intended use.

We'll see how improved the mach is inside.

elaborate if you care to... designed for longevity, swirl or ???  I would assume the internals were engineered to accept boost... curious. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

elaborate if you care to... designed for longevity, swirl or ???  I would assume the internals were engineered to accept boost... curious. 

The exhaust takes 2 sharp 90 degree turns through tiny little runners before it reaches the turbo. They flow like shit.

We've made gains with porting, but they need a complete redesign to really flow for big power.

Also, the open deck is not a good idea for big power and needs machined inserts.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

I.would still rather have an upright rider forward sled. My back and knees are fucked from intermediate motox

I for one would never suggest altering the riding position away from modern sleds, but surely they can sit a bit lower to focus on better handling/cornering and still maintain far far far better suspension travel and compliance than the old ass draggers.  Cataha and Doo have done it, maybe an RXL is next?

• Like 1

I wish we had perfectly groomed one way trails that would make me care to want better corning.

....or maybe I don't.  Based on our trails I have a hard time understanding why cornering more easily is a benefit.  Perhaps if I rode with stronger riders so I was constantly behind and trying to catchup it'd be different, but I am always waiting.  Don't need to wait longer.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:35 AM, Deephaven said:

I wish we had perfectly groomed one way trails that would make me care to want better corning.

....or maybe I don't.  Based on our trails I have a hard time understanding why cornering more easily is a benefit.  Perhaps if I rode with stronger riders so I was constantly behind and trying to catchup it'd be different, but I am always waiting.  Don't need to wait longer.

so are you getting a Rave for next season or not?  :) 

one of us here has to, and it won't be me.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:35 AM, Deephaven said:

Guess it's all a matter of where you ride. In our main area the trails are very tight and twisty, handling corners properly becomes a safety factor, especially for part time riders such as my wife.  

28 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Guess it's all a matter of where you ride. In our main area the trails are very tight and twisty, handling corners properly becomes a safety factor, especially for part time riders such as my wife.  

I think you missed my point.  I'd totally buy one for my wife, but for me I don't understand at all.  Last thing I need is something that makes it so my wife/friends/etc are further behind.  Safety in cornering is all about visibility for me.  Even the tippiest of modern sleds are easy enough to get around a corner.