Anyone else dealing with landowner issues more than normal this year?

I don't know if it's unique to our area, or if the lack of snow is impacting everyone (Midwest) .... but holy crap, are any of you guys dealing with trespassing / land owner issues more than normal this season?  Our club has had issues with one particular section of trail, and over the course of the past 2 months there's been at least 4 separate issues with trespassing.  The first three were some nimrod(s) driving their truck around a fence line and onto the property.  The club tried to add an additional gate, and the land owner even dropped a tree across the trail ... only to have them access again from another area of the land.  Then last week, some idiot sledder decided to go around a gate and ride the property (we didn't really have an abundance of snow, so the gates were still locked for a reason).  Then yesterday, I see one of the other clubs that's local to us had a land owner post they're permanently shutting down their land access, due to a couple sleds that went off trail on their property ... which is a major section allowing traffic to get to/from town on the south end.  It's absolutely ridiculous how these idiots don't grasp the concept of trespassing and staying on the trail.  And from the trail cam pics we have of the solo rider trespassing the land owner our club works with, it's not just kids ... that guy was clearly an adult (on an old f'in Cat ... just had to throw that in there!!)

Anyway - just curious if any other club members are dealing with this crap more so this year than years past?

Before the snow that fell last weekend, our main concern was the trail getting wider and wider because the snow was non-existent "on" the trail.   Waiting to hear the results from last weekend.  Fortunately we rolled the plowed fields, so staying on the trail is the best option in a lot of areas.

Yes.  Our trails just opened up at noon yesterday and the reports already started coming in with dipshits riding off trail already.  Until these dumb fucks have to pay substantial fines ($1K or more) I just see this getting worse until the trails are gone.  Then the dipshits will just move on to something else, they really don't care.

Not just running off trails, 

i guess because of Covid people are packing lunches

seeing lots of garbage on the trails cause people have no room to lug there shit back out. Or so they think 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, toslow said:

Not just running off trails, 

i guess because of Covid people are packing lunches

seeing lots of garbage on the trails cause people have no room to lug there shit back out. Or so they think 

...sleds don't have belly pans anymore.

• Haha 2

is it getting worse every year or am I just imagining this?

which part of you are being allowed to legally trespass on private property as long as you stay on the fucking trail don't people understand?

or, is it that they just don't care, or are uneducated?

one of our local clubs had to post this...

121949415_2823405634558675_5461707130276

people (assholes really) will kill this sport long before global warming does 

I think it's bad every year at the beginning of the season, but my home riding area is Pittsburg NH and yes, a lot of landowners here are closing access. It seems that many of the locals got fed up with the huge increase in wheelers and SxS this summer and it's going to hurt the snowmobile season. It used to be that the winters were crazy in Pittsburg but the summers weren't that busy, now it's many times more busy all year. The locals never really get any quiet time.

I have buddies that have had trail access for years and now have to trailer down the street.