Wildcat rebuild

Cwhite138

2 hours ago, WildMann said:

Yes, I left everything alone. Although I should have switched up to the super sprockets like you have. If the track was not tight and kept that way, the extra load would cause it to ratchet. Tight was not a bad thing considering the deflection issue also.  lol  

found the pics.   

That's Awesome! 
What miserable sleds to get unstuck! Ive always wondered what they weigh. I only when though powder like that once with mine... also had a ripped boot, needed rebuild after that.

1 hour ago, zr800m10 said:

I remember when I tore apart the ZR700 I had, I used a chiesel to cut the heads of the rivets off, and then you could just punch them out the other side. Drilling loose rivets is a bitch, the just spin!

Yea I used a carbide to get the heads of, now drilling out of the inner piece of the ones that didn't pop off. I can not seem to locate my drill that is small enough to fit in there lol Ill probably have to cut them off from inside the tunnel, oh joy. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

That's Awesome! 
What miserable sleds to get unstuck! Ive always wondered what they weigh. I only when though powder like that once with mine... also had a ripped boot, needed rebuild after that.

Yes, I have had that one stuck, but not that day.  I fell into a ditch one afternoon and by the time we pulled the sled out with buddies truck, I had given up hope and was just going to set it on fire before I had a heart attack.  I think I remember a number around 568 lbs?  But I could be mistaken, it's been a few moons.  I do miss that sled once in a while, it was so wide and flat that you could just power through any trail corner you came to.  if a ski came up, it's because you were on the edge of death.  lol

6 hours ago, WildMann said:

it was so wide and flat that you could just power through any trail corner you came to.  if a ski came up, it's because you were on the edge of death.  lol

Yes! Just thinking of that makes me wish i didn’t procrastinate so bad getting mine fixed.

Edited by Cwhite138

I just rebuilt my fuel pumps. Ordered a winderosa kit and that sticker is what came. Guess all balls owns a bunch of companies now. 

1AB459F5-FC54-4220-9D04-1575FD349C51.thumb.jpeg.a99da8926f5f8b080ea11e405405d96e.jpeg

I found the perfect tool to put the little rubber thing for the valve in...peg off a crib board. Careful with metal tools they use some soft aluminum on these things. Also threaded the screws from the back side to line everything up easier.

E0A6138D-E09C-4E07-AA63-06EA466DA8C2.thumb.jpeg.ccb4cdd510700b4d0a825c213b5b3a65.jpeg

19 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

I just rebuilt my fuel pumps. Ordered a winderosa kit and that sticker is what came. Guess all balls owns a bunch of companies now. 

1AB459F5-FC54-4220-9D04-1575FD349C51.thumb.jpeg.a99da8926f5f8b080ea11e405405d96e.jpeg

I found the perfect tool to put the little rubber thing for the valve in...peg off a crib board. Careful with metal tools they use some soft aluminum on these things. Also threaded the screws from the back side to line everything up easier.

E0A6138D-E09C-4E07-AA63-06EA466DA8C2.thumb.jpeg.ccb4cdd510700b4d0a825c213b5b3a65.jpeg

Yeah I ordered a top end gasket kit from Dennis Kirk and it ended up being a vertex.  I think it was labeled as Kimpex when I ordered it.  Couple things I didn't like about the gasket so but you get what you pay for.  I did fire it up last night and seemed to run ok.  The better motor I just got done with I used OEM gaskets.

Not a fan of all balls, their bearings are garbage.

16 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah I ordered a top end gasket kit from Dennis Kirk and it ended up being a vertex.  I think it was labeled as Kimpex when I ordered it.  Couple things I didn't like about the gasket so but you get what you pay for.  I did fire it up last night and seemed to run ok.  The better motor I just got done with I used OEM gaskets.

Not a fan of all balls, their bearings are garbage.

I found it all to fit well but I had to clean everything off.. which is odd for something in a sealed bag. 

I wouldn't use All balls on my sled. Gave them a shot on my old 99 Forman tho...  I just putt around on that thing now. 

• 1 month later...

I finally quit being so cheap and bought the stuff to rebuild the skid. I know not a lot of people from NB around here but in case some one see this Bob and Kim at Thunder N lightning are the best. https://www.facebook.com/ThunderNLightningMotorsports i got new and used stuff from them. great service. 

Either way throwing some dough down made me get back to work...get it ready for next year, if not lazy ahah 

while throwing the engine back in I got a real kick out of this engine mount... is there a reason for the shims other than the bolt being to long lol? 
image.png.661875b507250684e856e731e5646b33.png

Any one know why the carb lines fuel lines connected together? its a dual carb dual pump set up. image.png.3771c8361c4c77ae3f51ac211cdc39a2.png

I think the shims are like you say, bolt is too long.  That is not the factory bolt.

Hard to say why they ran the lines like that, I'd just make it like how it's supposed to be.

My ZR700 -94 had shims like that, don´t know why. They show up on the "ENGINE AND RELATED PARTS" fiche on arcticcatpartshous though,
description says "Shim, Engine Mount - 0.060 in." and "Shim, Engine Mount - 0.030 in." Maybe they are there to be placed between the rubbermount and the chassies if needed?

304586226_Skrmbild2022-03-03073110.png.eaf7c5d34a4b481c74e21b1ea842f226.png

On 3/2/2022 at 5:11 PM, mnstang said:

I think the shims are like you say, bolt is too long.  That is not the factory bolt.

Hard to say why they ran the lines like that, I'd just make it like how it's supposed to be.

Odd. Essentially all original except one jug replaced and new pistons.... i sucked in snow though the intake box boot a long time ago. I didnt fix when that happened tho so who knows why it different 

Im gonna run fuel line the same just seems odd. Honestly the two fuel pumps seems really over kill too. Thing is hard on fuel i guess 

18 hours ago, zr800m10 said:

My ZR700 -94 had shims like that, don´t know why. They show up on the "ENGINE AND RELATED PARTS" fiche on arcticcatpartshous though,
description says "Shim, Engine Mount - 0.060 in." and "Shim, Engine Mount - 0.030 in." Maybe they are there to be placed between the rubbermount and the chassies if needed?

304586226_Skrmbild2022-03-03073110.png.eaf7c5d34a4b481c74e21b1ea842f226.png

I must have spent 20min trying to put them between the rubber and mount... no way they were going. Seen that diagram on country cat and just put it where they showed. Then got me thinking it could be for clutch aliment correction? Who knows been apart so long. 

i always take pictures of stuff when i know its gonna sit in pieces for a long time. But my old phones screen is all cracked and cant get the pics off it 

Edited by Cwhite138