Sparkplug seized in cylinder head.

Kivalo

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

What's a good way to get it out without breaking it?

PB blaster for a bit them some heat if prob your best bet

I'm taking my SxS to the garage tomorrow because i have 4 seized lug nuts.  650 lbs or torque didn't do it so I am hoping 1000 over there will with a better socket.  I can't hit it with the torch because i want to sell the wheels and I can't get a cut off wheel in there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm taking my SxS to the garage tomorrow because i have 4 seized lug nuts.  650 lbs or torque didn't do it so I am hoping 1000 over there will with a better socket.  I can't hit it with the torch because i want to sell the wheels and I can't get a cut off wheel in there

Johnson bar....with a pipe.

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Just snap em off. Fuckin hipsters.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Johnson bar....with a pipe.

3 foot bar did not move them.  it worked on all the spacer lugs but not the rim lugs.  Idiots used open lugs on this one wheel so all the shit got nicely in there.    Full length where i could have gotten good grip i think they would have gone.   I already know i am sacrificing the spacers in this process i just want them off.  I only need one good spacer for the wheel I have as a spare.   

I tried to tighten to see if i could snap them and no luck their either.  

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

2003 Skidont 500 trail. I think it's the 497 rotax to be exact.

If you can pull the head and and get some penetrating oil on the inside. Usually there is a small buildup of carbon on the bit of exposed thread in the cylinder and that prevents the plug from loosening., If you have a fine wire brush give it a cleanup on the inside after you blast it with penetrating oil. 

once the head is off some heat to the head works too after cleaning the threads.

44 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

3 foot bar did not move them.  it worked on all the spacer lugs but not the rim lugs.  Idiots used open lugs on this one wheel so all the shit got nicely in there.    Full length where i could have gotten good grip i think they would have gone.   I already know i am sacrificing the spacers in this process i just want them off.  I only need one good spacer for the wheel I have as a spare.   

Your flabby arms aren't putting any muscle to it. Maybe see if 550Pyle could stop by & give you a hand :dunno:

@Polaris 550

1 minute ago, Roosting said:

If you can pull the head and and get some penetrating oil on the inside. Usually there is a small buildup of carbon on the bit of exposed thread in the cylinder and that prevents the plug from loosening., If you have a fine wire brush give it a cleanup on the inside after you blast it with penetrating oil. 

once the head is off some heat to the head works too after cleaning the threads.

Good idea...

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Fuck me thats crazy....

Put a pipe on that 3 ft bar

:bc:

you're cheap I'm trying to save you money!

:lol:

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Your flabby arms aren't putting any muscle to it. Maybe see if 550Pyle could stop by & give you a hand :dunno:

@Polaris 550

Good idea...

you wish you had the giant muscles that I have,  if uncle znotty and myself both leaned on it it would prob break the whole machine into tiny pieces.   .  

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Fuck me thats crazy....

Put a pipe on that 3 ft bar

:bc:

you're cheap I'm trying to save you money!

:lol:

buddies coming over after dinner.  We will see how many drinks he has before we come up with a plan.  I can see fire and his new milwaukee being a bad combo.  he had the same issue with his wheeler but only with 1 lug.  

• Like 1