2021 Polaris Indy 650 Matryx VR1 full review

9 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

Polaris says 140HP...

Mu bud loves his I trust his 2cents more than any one I know . He put on more mi than anyone I know and rides hard and fast every place . Old snow x guy was in a few of the old slednex videos in the backcontery with chris and the crew etc.  He has over 1k on the 650 this seson already . Also has a 850 but says he is grabbing the 650 almost every time he heads out .

I for q was sad to see the 700 class go away from the Dimond pounders . Glad to see it back 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

$14,000 buy one?

Well whan a sheet of 7/16 osb plywood is 28 bucks it is in line i guess lol .

Sleds are getting just stupid expensive but so is everything else . Do you really think a 1/2 ton  work truck with plastic seats  is worth 40g ? 

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Sleds are getting just stupid expensive but so is everything else . Do you really think a 1/2 ton  work truck with plastic seats  is worth 40g ? 

There's a reason this sport involves more and more idiots year after year.  Granted, not everyone that can afford one is an idiot, but you understand what I mean...

18 minutes ago, hayward said:

There's a reason this sport involves more and more idiots year after year.  Granted, not everyone that can afford one is an idiot, but you understand what I mean...

I had people telling me I'm a moron for putting a brand new motor in a 2015 with over 10k miles on it.

I'm thinking I am going to come out smelling like a rose.  Fuck em.

48 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

1/2 ton work trucks are around 32.  My boss just bought a Ram 3/4 base for just over 40.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, hayward said:

At least 20% of humans are pieces of shit in one way or another so it stands to reason 20% of any recreational sport would have the same amount. 

11 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Polaris says 140HP...

Dynotech measured one at 131.7.   This particular dyno of the "Shootout" sleds that replaced the cancelled Old Forge had fairly low numbers across the board. 

Engine seems to be quite "jumpy" when the power valves open.   Much more than the the previous 600.   The transition is very abrupt. 

Edited by Highmark

11 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

My buddy bought one for his wife and I took it for a spin, it's got some serious snot for sure. 

Only thing I don't like is the seat is like a concrete block, every Polaris I've ridden is like that though. 

firm seats FTW.  I replaced my 16 XRS seat with an original XRS/freeride seat because it was so much firmer.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

firm seats FTW.  I replaced my 16 XRS seat with an original XRS/freeride seat because it was so much firmer.  

My first sled that had a sticky seat material was my 02 Summit.   Took a while to get use to and a few years for the other mfg's to catch on.   Now when I ride my vintage stuff with slick seats I wonder why they were ever slick.   I know they are so different with riding position but I fucking hate the way my ass is all over the place.