Regardless of what YouTube and Facebook doctors say, lockdowns work.

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The problem is when you tell people they can only go to the grocery store or home depot, these silly fucks want to go there everyday. 

Hope depot has been an absolute zoo since covid started. Their business has to be up bigly. Hard to find a parking spot at the one by me. 

33 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Ontario had 14,500 active cases at the beginning of December. The numbers climbed to over 30,000 along with daily infections. Active cases have now decreased by 2,000. Let’s hope it continues. 

Lots of proof out there the shutdowns did not a fucking thing but put business out of business for good . Statistics from places like the cdc overlayed with shut down date charts. I know no matter what I or any one posted you won't buy it so go look your self on a non googe search 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Ontario had 14,500 active cases at the beginning of December. The numbers climbed to over 30,000 along with daily infections. Active cases have now decreased by 2,000. Let’s hope it continues. 

That's your proof.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

That's your proof.  :lol:  

It’s the most recent proof. Cause and effect. The shutdown in Ontario brought our cases down to less than 1,000 active cases less than 100 new cases and 0-5 deaths per day. Then all hell broke loose and people acted stupid. Anti maskers had rallies, people had huge weddings, parties, got together at thanksgiving and Christmas. Our active cases went over 30,000,new cases peaked at over 3,000 per day and around 50 deaths. 
people on ventilators due to Covid went from 5 in September to 300. 

Now those numbers are dropping.

16 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

So stay home.  No one cares.

Republicans have made it abundantly clear they don’t care about anyone but themselves. They’ve also proven they are dumb enough to kill themselves with Covid. 20 million cases and 400 thousand deaths. The bigliest numbers of all the countries. 

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s the most recent proof. Cause and effect. The shutdown in Ontario brought our cases down to less than 1,000 active cases less than 100 new cases and 0-5 deaths per day. Then all hell broke loose and people acted stupid. Anti maskers had rallies, people had huge weddings, parties, got together at thanksgiving and Christmas. Our active cases went over 30,000,new cases peaked at over 3,000 per day and around 50 deaths. 
people on ventilators due to Covid went from 5 in September to 300. 

Now those numbers are dropping.

Iowa's numbers have been dropping and we haven't done anything much different in months and months.   Sure we've seen spikes here and there but we are allowing more of the decision making process on our citizens the way it should be.   You go ahead and let govt make all your life's decisions for you.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Iowa's numbers have been dropping and we haven't done anything much different in months and months.   Sure we've seen spikes here and there but we are allowing more of the decision making process on our citizens the way it should be.   You go ahead and let govt make all your life's decisions for you.    

I know you feel it’s the government but it’s Doctors and epidemiologists advising them. I respect your feelings. 

Here are the case count graphs for MN, WI, and MI over the time period.  Take note of the case curves and tell me what is different between the three states, then tell me which state stayed open the whole time.  

0901D07F-78EE-4B23-AFB2-4F0708AC3178.png

0147C009-214F-4980-9611-7165622BD79A.png

C8B044B6-8BBA-4106-9076-2827360BC63C.png

Edited by Mag6240

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I know you feel it’s the government but it’s Doctors and epidemiologists advising them. I respect your feelings. 

I'd feel different if the actual data showed it to be more deadly than it is.   I just don't think we should be doing the things that we are or have done for this particular virus.   I agreed initially until we knew better what we were dealing with but when you break down the demographics of who its impacting the most and especially if you add in the millions and millions who have had it but never tested or got sick the impact is quite low.   Not all that different than a strong influenza.

Honestly if this wasn't an election year or a dem was up for re-election it would have been handled vastly different.  Anyone who thinks differently is a fool.

Most people who tested positive with minor symptoms wouldn't even go to the doctor and get tested if it weren't being called a pandemic.   Especially the younger people.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Here are the case count graphs for MN, WI, and MI over a similar time period.  Take note of the case curves and tell me what is different between the three states, then tell me which state stayed open the whole time.  

0901D07F-78EE-4B23-AFB2-4F0708AC3178.png

0147C009-214F-4980-9611-7165622BD79A.png

C8B044B6-8BBA-4106-9076-2827360BC63C.png

Wi bars stayed open....what else have they done differently?

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Mn top, Wi middle and Mi bottom?

Hint:  you have to look at the case count number on the right of the graphs, the scale is a little different based on the one day reported spikes for MN and MI.

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Hint:  you have to look at the case count number on the right of the graphs, the scale is a little different based on the one day reported spikes for MN and MI.

I originally just looked at the graphs. :thumbsup:   Hasn't Wi stayed much more open than the other 2?   To be fair population and testing totals need to be considered. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I originally just looked at the graphs. :thumbsup:   Hasn't Wi stayed much more open than the other 2?

Yes, the bars and restaurants in Superior just over the bridge from Duluth are flourishing because of it too. 

I'd feel different if the actual data showed it to be more deadly than it is.   I just don't think we should be doing the things that we are or have done for this particular virus.   I agreed initially until we knew better what we were dealing with but when you break down the demographics of who its impacting the most and especially if you add in the millions and millions who have had it but never tested or got sick the impact is quite low.   Not all that different than a strong influenza.

Most people who tested positive with minor symptoms wouldn't even go to the doctor and get tested if it weren't being called a pandemic.   Especially the younger people.    

I’m sure you feel like you’ve interpreted the data correctly. But I’m not sure Doctors use people who haven’t been infected yet to work out the mortality of a disease. 

Mortality isn’t the only measure of this disease.  Long term health problems for people with mild cases are something few people feel the need to talk about. It has recently been shown that  60% of people who are hospitalized are still having symptoms 6 months later.   
By all means ignore the science if you feel better but years down the road please don’t pretend you weren’t told to take this seriously. 

I originally just looked at the graphs. :thumbsup:   Hasn't Wi stayed much more open than the other 2?   To be fair population and testing totals need to be considered. 

Yes, WI NEVER shut down, and yes, population could and should be taken into consideration.  The point is, the shut downs didn’t do SHIT except restrict some people’s ability to work.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m sure you feel like you’ve interpreted the data correctly. But I’m not sure Doctors use people who haven’t been infected yet to work out the mortality of a disease. 

Mortality isn’t the only measure of this disease.  Long term health problems for people with mild cases are something few people feel the need to talk about. It has recently been shown that  60% of people who are hospitalized are still having symptoms 6 months later.   
By all means ignore the science if you feel better but years down the road please don’t pretend you weren’t told to take this seriously. 

But, your WHOLE SIDE'S ARGUMENT is based on mortality numbers.  Now....it isn't?  Now it's possible future complications and people who just haven't been infected yet?

Ahhh..the MMGW scenario of narratives shifting and goal post moving. 

• Thanks 1