Corvette to become a high performance EV/PHEV brand

BOHICA

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

It already exists it uses EV to start and gas motor after you launch. My buddy builds them from the ground up at the tech center in warren Michigan 

there are lots of cool things for the vette

Edited by jtssrx

11 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It’s got a lot more room than a C7. 

no it does not,  it's pretty close in measurement. has more legroom than a C7 and less hip room.   Like any car individual body shape can make a big difference on how it feels.    I ended up buying a mustang over a vette due to sit in height but in sitting in them all the C5 and C6 were much roomier than a  C7 and 8.  I really wanted a C8 and with a connection I have from working at GM for years I could have gotten a fairly early order in and I knew I could sell it in 6 months for at least a break even but I just did not fit.  

16 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

in the best shape of any American auto manufacturer.  Although thats not saying much since there are only 2 left.  

well wiping away all your debt through restructuring will do that for you :lol: 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

no it does not,  it's pretty close in measurement. has more legroom than a C7 and less hip room.   Like any car individual body shape can make a big difference on how it feels.    I ended up buying a mustang over a vette due to sit in height but in sitting in them all the C5 and C6 were much roomier than a  C7 and 8.  I really wanted a C8 and with a connection I have from working at GM for years I could have gotten a fairly early order in and I knew I could sell it in 6 months for at least a break even but I just did not fit.  

I work on them everyday. I’m 6’2”, 295. I fit in a C8 much better than I do a C7. It’s ok that we have different experiences but to me, the C8 is a much easier car to be comfortable in than a C7 was. It’s a better car overall as well, IMO. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

14 hours ago, Dave said:

Just not a fan of that new vette....to me a vette should have the motor in the front....now its just another rear engine car.

So a car built to actually perform like a sports car then ? 

I am not nor ever have been in to the AARP midlife crisis dream but as far as vets go the new one is the most bad ass looking one they have put out in over 50 yrs. That said it could be because I now fit in the age group of sorry fucks who buy them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I work on them everyday. I’m 6’2”, 295. I fit in a C8 much better than I do a C7. It’s ok that we have different experiences but to me, the C8 is a much easier car to be comfortable in than a C7 was. It’s a better car overall as well, IMO. 

i am a bit taller and a few pound less but i didn't like either of them.  Life would be so much easier at 5-11 and 175 lbs.     It's a great looking car and the performance for the dollar is definitely there.    Looking back I can see why my father rarely drove my mothers C4 when he was about my age now.,  being so low and such a pain to get into makes them not worth it when your used to driving something big.

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i am a bit taller and a few pound less but i didn't like either of them.  Life would be so much easier at 5-11 and 175 lbs.     It's a great looking car and the performance for the dollar is definitely there.    Looking back I can see why my father rarely drove my mothers C4 when he was about my age now.,  being so low and such a pain to get into makes them not worth it when your used to driving something big.

Same. I’ve been a Corvette fan since I was a kid. If only I would have stopped growing, I could own one. Still may someday but not until after I have my ZL1. 

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Same. I’ve been a Corvette fan since I was a kid. If only I would have stopped growing, I could own one. Still may someday but not until after I have my ZL1. 

i had my first police incident with my mothers at 16,   i may have been a bit reckless while they were on vacation.   Amazing how something fast back then is slower than a regualr car these days.  I can't get nostalgic for a C4 but another C5 was something i was thinking until my knees said no even when i got down to 225 lbs.