Snocross: 2021 Round 05/06 USAF Snocross National, Deadwood 1/29-30

Next round is in Deadwood, SD in two weeks.  It's a super small and tight track.  The holeshot will be key.  What will make it even more challenging for the tuners is the short starting line.  I'll take Lincoln Lemieux as the overall weekend winner.  I think Ishoel gets a bad hole shot and can't get through the pack.  Hopefully there is two viable lines so the faster sleds can get through without getting caught in the roost.

Schedule:  https://snocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2020-2021_Event_Schedule_03_DEADWOOD_96PPI.pdf

Livestream:  https://snocross.com/livestream/

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Tucker was a blast to watch because he would mix and match lines , it was never single lined for him nor did he follow anyone for 20 laps. Elias is learning that and its clear as day especially when you watch him passing 2/3 people a lap.

He was amazing to watch.  It wasn't just his racing but by the way he walked the track pre-race and scanned every line like a cyborg.  Even his fellow pros would get caught watching him do it trying to figure out what he was doing.  Sorry boys, some things just can't be learned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

Tucker was a blast to watch because he would mix and match lines , it was never single lined for him nor did he follow anyone for 20 laps. Elias is learning that and its clear as day especially when you watch him passing 2/3 people a lap.

Think we will ever see proper open mod sleds like this again in pro?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Highly doubtful.

The misconseption of mods its entertaining.

From an engine standpoint There has not been true mod sleds since 2012/13 season (in the 600 platform), in 13/14+ the only thing you could do was twins, and a head cut until the mods went away after the 16/17 season.

The chassis now is stock based with material allowed to be added but not removed - the mod chassis was open but not carbon fiber/Ti allowed and it had a minimum weight requirement. most used a stock chassis and added material.

In the "mod class" they were required to have commercially available components (identical to today) And Ill tell you right now the mod sleds were quieter than the single piped bro cans they use now.

Polaris pushed the stock class rule , convinced cat and then it passed with majority vote - Skidoo was against it, now look at where skidoo is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

most cant handle a 600 on a snocross track lol.

I want an adult 200 class , 206 briggs engine open suspension mods

My best friend has a Speedwerx 206 for his kids.  Mine have a 89 Snoscoot.  Both are a hoot to power around on.  Have another friend who bought 5 of the old snoscoots about 8 years ago.  Has no kids, but once a year we have a fest at his cabin and the adults race them.  Usually a groomed track on the lake and another through a foot of snow.  Hilarious and fun.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I always admired how he adjusted his lines throughout the entire race looking for every tiny little advantage he could get, and it always paid off.  His lines at that Deadwood race, impeccable.  No one else in the field saw how fast he was really going.  Ishoel caught me off guard taking the inside line the other night and riding that bucking Bronco all the way into the lead.  He has moments of sheer brilliance out there, not quite in GOAT ranks yet but it would be amazing to see him and #68 in his prime go toe-to-toe today.  

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

He was amazing to watch.  It wasn't just his racing but by the way he walked the track pre-race and scanned every line like a cyborg.  Even his fellow pros would get caught watching him do it trying to figure out what he was doing.  Sorry boys, some things just can't be learned. 

I have a friend like that from a totally different racing background.  He's 60 now, and still whipping 20 year olds.

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Nope.

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Highly doubtful.

The misconseption of mods its entertaining.

From an engine standpoint There has not been true mod sleds since 2012/13 season (in the 600 platform), in 13/14+ the only thing you could do was twins, and a head cut until the mods went away after the 16/17 season.

The chassis now is stock based with material allowed to be added but not removed - the mod chassis was open but not carbon fiber/Ti allowed and it had a minimum weight requirement. most used a stock chassis and added material.

In the "mod class" they were required to have commercially available components (identical to today) And Ill tell you right now the mod sleds were quieter than the single piped bro cans they use now.

Polaris pushed the stock class rule , convinced cat and then it passed with majority vote - Skidoo was against it, now look at where skidoo is.

Wasn't a big part of it the cost of the mods?  Remember all the bitching and whining from the fans when the mods went away?  Personally I'd rather watch evenly competitive sleds being raced by even more competitive and skilled riders.  I think the bitching mainly came from the 'sound bro's', same ones that miss triples which don't hold a candle to the modern stuff.  

The irony is, the Cat & Doo rides are closer to production trail sleds than the IQR 7.0

9 hours ago, fortune46x said:

most cant handle a 600 on a snocross track lol.

I want an adult 200 class , 206 briggs engine open suspension mods

how about an Open Mod 400 single slug class, anything goes that's made in TRF.  :lol2: 

did you make a deal on that 7K yet with W.S.?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

18 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Total blast!  I'm in!!!!!

I second!

Oh ya... That reminds me, you left me hanging at HCS for your second, third, fourth... nothin!

:lol2:

Edited by Icecube

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I always admired how he adjusted his lines throughout the entire race looking for every tiny little advantage he could get, and it always paid off.  His lines at that Deadwood race, impeccable.  No one else in the field saw how fast he was really going.  Ishoel caught me off guard taking the inside line the other night and riding that bucking Bronco all the way into the lead.  He has moments of sheer brilliance out there, not quite in GOAT ranks yet but it would be amazing to see him and #68 in his prime go toe-to-toe today.  

I have a friend like that from a totally different racing background.  He's 60 now, and still whipping 20 year olds.

Nope.

Wasn't a big part of it the cost of the mods?  Remember all the bitching and whining from the fans when the mods went away?  Personally I'd rather watch evenly competitive sleds being raced by even more competitive and skilled riders.  I think the bitching mainly came from the 'sound bro's', same ones that miss triples which don't hold a candle to the modern stuff.  

The irony is, the Cat & Doo rides are closer to production trail sleds than the IQR 7.0

how about an Open Mod 400 single slug class, anything goes that's made in TRF.  :lol2: 

did you make a deal on that 7K yet with W.S.?

No , I haven't had a chance to even think about it - trying to get my shitbox back together for the weekend for snowfest and geti some vintage iron done too

Last night I was watching some crap show with my wife and jumped up from the couch and said “Shit... The Races are On!!!”

Then... as fast as I shot up from the couch.. “#@$% it not the 29th! Sit back down, smile at the wife and say... this is awesome honey! Really enjoying this “W”channel.

oh by the way next Friday I got friends online they need my help, I can’t watch your gaga show!

True Story... I know, I know... Suck to be me!:roflcrying:

Lets Go... Hurry up Friday!

:nudie::bounce:

Edited by Icecube
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

they have a +30 ... lol oh you mean vintage sled class? at one point they did at regionals but that went by the wayside.

right, would be sort've fun and probably pretty entertaining to watch folks try to keep the old 'sit down' iron upright on todays courses. 

in other news, Mike Carver is racing the masters (old guy) class in COR/USXC

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

right, would be sort've fun and probably pretty entertaining to watch folks try to keep the old 'sit down' iron upright on todays courses. 

I remember that race… Blair was the shit then, but loved Vincent!

How far we have come… still feel for Blair, seen him at a sled show couple years back in Ski Doo both, nice to see him out.

GO-CAT-GO!

:nudie:

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can't remember exactly but, maybe three years ago there was a guy running an old AC "sit downer" in the sport class....balls out!  He was fucking cheered loud as hell.  My back and knees hurt just watching him but god damn!  Gotta give credit to that dude...he was just out there having a ball!  "Run whatcha brung!"  Needless to say though....these aren't your daddy's SX tracks anymore and it'd be my guess that sled was hashed by the end of the race.

Good on Mike!  He's a quality guy.  Has done my shocks for years.  :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

I remember that race… Blair was the shit then, but loved Vincent!

How far we have come… still feel for Blair, seen him at a sled show couple years back in Ski Doo both, nice to see him out.

GO-CAT-GO!

:nudie:

It was great seeing Blair at the races all year last year, sucks with COVID we are missing so many riders and guys like him in the pits.