World Championship Derby at Eagle River

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone find a better way to watch it so I don't have to cancel a $150 annual subscription I don't want?
https://www.facebook.com/FloRacing.tv/videos/232209478409844

where's @Badger** hiding?

LOL.  Are you serious?  Nobody cares about this fucking race.  Watch last years Iron Dog...or the year before.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL.  Are you serious?  Nobody cares about this fucking race.  Watch last years Iron Dog...or the year before.

Plenty of guys walking around with pit coats on.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Racers and their teams.  Other than that and a couple of groups of drunks eating Johnsonvilles, nobody cares.

These are actually the guys that drive and race the sleds.  Why would some wantable trail racer (cough) have one. 🤣

Edited by Doug

curiosity @Zambroski

Regardless, some race teams are already tearing into existing 600-class snocross-based race machines from Arctic Cat, Polaris and Ski-Doo to prepare. The switch to a Formula III-based World Championship may currently be 19 months away, but the Formula III class will begin running at tracks across the Snowbelt starting this coming December, so teams are rushing to get their plans sorted out. Meanwhile, those three snowmobile manufacturers have already pledged to support the class with contingency dollars for racers to chase.
https://snowgoer.com/news/behind-the-rules-overhaul-that-will-the-world-championship-oval-class/27234/

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

curiosity @Zambroski

Regardless, some race teams are already tearing into existing 600-class snocross-based race machines from Arctic Cat, Polaris and Ski-Doo to prepare. The switch to a Formula III-based World Championship may currently be 19 months away, but the Formula III class will begin running at tracks across the Snowbelt starting this coming December, so teams are rushing to get their plans sorted out. Meanwhile, those three snowmobile manufacturers have already pledged to support the class with contingency dollars for racers to chase.
https://snowgoer.com/news/behind-the-rules-overhaul-that-will-the-world-championship-oval-class/27234/

I think this might work well.  It's a small venue race with a smaller track for fan viewing plus, oval track racing is fun to watch.  XC just isn't going to ever get any fan traction due to it's characteristics.  Hell, I'll for sure head to the ovals for some fun...but I'm not standing out on some fucking windblown frozen lake to see a minute or two of sleds pass by every 15 or 20.  Most won't.  The fun there is racing or being on a team.  If I ain't either of those....I'll pass.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think this might work well.  It's a small venue race with a smaller track for fan viewing plus, oval track racing is fun to watch.  XC just isn't going to ever get any fan traction due to it's characteristics.  Hell, I'll for sure head to the ovals for some fun...but I'm not standing out on some fucking windblown frozen lake to see a minute or two of sleds pass by every 15 or 20.  Most won't.  The fun there is racing or being on a team.  If I ain't either of those....I'll pass.

I think spectators (consumers) can actually relate to the F3/Mira/SX/USXC sleds - unlike the Champ Sleds which as pointed out in the article are the snowmobile equivalent of Formula 1 cars.  We have a good roundy-round ice oval here in town, and if we still don't have ridable snow when the show comes to town, I'll go watch and have a few beverages.  https://www.wausau525.com/schedule

snow belt capital of the world... the fuck does that mean, had to shut it down at that.... i get the job is hard but announcers need to just slow down and think about what they are saying, every now and then.

Edited by Cwhite138

36 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

snow belt capital of the world... the fuck does that mean, had to shut it down at that.... i get the job is hard but announcers need to just slow down and think about what they are saying, every now and then.

lighten up Francis... I'm guessing he meant Snowmobiling Capital of the World  https://www.worldsnowmobilehq.com/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Which is strange to me as this is the sort of race I would expect the procross to do well in.

chassis wise, probably

Doo engine is strong though (same as SX), the F3 round I saw was one Doo and an entire field of Poo's... Doo clobbered them all by a wide margin.  Lighter weight too.  

if oval racing had a stronger presence, maybe the manu's would be pushing harder.

the footage is still up https://www.facebook.com/FloRacing.tv/videos/1641449596054428/

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

chassis wise, probably

Doo engine is strong though (same as SX), the F3 round I saw was one Doo and an entire field of Poo's... Doo clobbered them all by a wide margin.  Lighter weight too.  

if oval racing had a stronger presence, maybe the manu's would be pushing harder.

the footage is still up https://www.facebook.com/FloRacing.tv/videos/1641449596054428/

Such specialized sleds limits it a time. 

Looked like 3 Cats in the MIRA enduro.  I'd guess that was probably one of the better races of the weekend.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Such specialized sleds limits it a time. 

Looked like 3 Cats in the MIRA enduro.  I'd guess that was probably one of the better races of the weekend.

I'm just happy they've found a way for racers to race this winter, at this point.

Soo being cancelled sucks for @fortune46x as I know it's his favorite race.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

On 1/16/2021 at 7:25 PM, Zambroski said:

Blaine Stephenson #102 four in a row Mother fu'er. Upper management on HCS posted. Hey ZZZ you left your rubber sheets and gerbils in the officers lounge come get them please. 

12 hours ago, Badger** said:

Blaine Stephenson #102 four in a row Mother fu'er. Upper management on HCS posted. Hey ZZZ you left your rubber sheets and gerbils in the officers lounge come get them please. 

Blaine is one baaad dude , Well deserved win.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Badger** said:

Yawn.  ....and you can collect my leavings for your own use.  :lol: