Covid just took my uncle

f7ben

On 1/14/2021 at 9:32 PM, f7ben said:

This ones bad....his daughter is like my sister and he was the rock and leader of the family. The hurt in their voices is tough to take.

Shannon sat in the parking lot looking up at his room while they pulled his plug. No goodbyes...no last kiss or hug 

That is messed up.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

That is messed up.

My aunt Alicia who was also covid positive couldn’t be at her husband of 51 years side while he died because unless she was admitted she could not be in the hospital. 

23 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

My condolences to you and your family Ben. 

It’s ok....im good. People move on. My dad was ok today. Everyone dies. I don’t care that anyone dies. It’s the immense grief of those I care about that gets me.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s ok....im good. People move on. My dad was ok today. Everyone dies. I don’t care that anyone dies. It’s the immense grief of those I care about that gets me.

Early on in this epidemic a friend down the street lost his mother and the story is the same as yours. She died alone as none of the family was allowed into the hospital. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

My aunt Alicia who was also covid positive couldn’t be at her husband of 51 years side while he died because unless she was admitted she could not be in the hospital. 

Ya, that's sad.  My condolences to the family.

My MIL is on hospice. When she was in ICU for 10 days,she was allowed 2 visitors a day. It’s absolute bull shit what these states are doing to families. As a contractor,I can walk all over a hospital. The guys that fill the vending machines parked next to my truck and went all over the hospital. Fucking dumb ass politicians. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 9:57 PM, f7ben said:

Sorry your family had to go through that. That’s what my wife said is really sad about Covid. How many people died without family close by. 

She read a brutal article about nurses trying to set up iPads for people who could hardly breathe so they could FaceTime. But some of the patients were too busy accusing the nursing staff of lying about Covid.