Covid just took my uncle

f7ben

This ones bad....his daughter is like my sister and he was the rock and leader of the family. The hurt in their voices is tough to take.

Shannon sat in the parking lot looking up at his room while they pulled his plug. No goodbyes...no last kiss or hug 

• Sad 4

That sucks ben.  It really does.

My wife has been off work with Covid since Thanksgiving.  She can't breathe for shit and her short term memory is gone, she is writing notes to herself all the time, and she forgets she wrote herself notes.  It's not good.

So what did I do?  I bought her a snowmobile.

Snowmobiles make everyone feel better.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

For the record DJ was 74 and had COPD ....he wasn’t healthy. But he seemed strong and resilient and just like any other time when I saw him this summer. 

Covid is bad news for sick old people. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

That sucks ben.  It really does.

My wife has been off work with Covid since Thanksgiving.  She can't breathe for shit and her short term memory is gone, she is writing notes to herself all the time, and she forgets she wrote herself notes.  It's not good.

So what did I do?  I bought her a snowmobile.

Snowmobiles make everyone feel better.

I’m sorry to hear that.....I’m dealing with some respiratory issues myself but who knows why. Could be covid or could be something else. I hope your old lady gets better and I hope this shit passes.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

For the record DJ was 74 and had COPD ....he wasn’t healthy. But he seemed strong and resilient and just like any other time when I saw him this summer. 

Covid is bad news for sick old people. 

Sorry to hear...I was just about to ask about underlying conditions before you replied.  Many of us know someone who has died from this.....I guess the vaccine will be worthwhile to those at risk.

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My condolences to you and your family, Ben, . It’s tough to lose a family member, especially the hub. 

Ive lost a few but this is the worst. I’ve got to go to Missouri and collect the family ring now. I’m the eldest boy so it’s mine. I wish he had given it to me while he was alive but he always to me if have to pry it off his finger

• Sad 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I’m sorry to hear that.....I’m dealing with some respiratory issues myself but who knows why. Could be covid or could be something else. I hope your old lady gets better and I hope this shit passes.

Thanks Ben.  I hope it does too but right now it's only gotten worse.  All of the other covid symptoms are gone except for limited taste/smell.  Her lungs have gotten worse and the affect of her brain is what I fear the worst.  She's had 2 cat scans and her next visit will be a ultrasound of her heart.  She is also very weak, she can't pull start her 600SDI when it's warm, and if she can't even walk all the way around the block before being so winded she has to sit down.

• Sad 1

Sorry for your loss.  
Just tested positive today. Last two days were pretty brutal.  I can definitely see how it would wipe you out with any kind of pre existing respiratory issues. 

All the ball busting we do on this forum ... I don't care who it is .... it sucks to hear this stuff from anyone.  Sorry Ben & sorry for your whole family.  Sounds like your uncle was a helluva good dude.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

So sorry Ben. stay strong.

I’m good now....was really tough calling his daughters but we had a cry and a laugh and now I’m ok and I’m confident that they will begin to heal. It’s the human condition 

• Like 4