Snocross: 2021 Round 03/04 Theisen's Snocross National, Dubuque

Round 02/03 Points Total Winner  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who walks away with the most points total for this weekend?

• Hunter Patenaude
    • Elias Ishoel
    • Lincoln Lemieux
    • Jacob Yurk
    • Oskar Norum
    • Logan Christian
    • Kody Kamm
    • Daniel Benham
    • Kyle Pallin
    • Emil Harr
    • Francis Pelletier
    • Cole Cottew
    • Travis Muller
    • Adam Renheim
    • Trent Wittwer
    • Andy Lieders
    • Zambroski

Good weekend of racing considering the limited snow and an oval course.  I liked the track design Friday night better than Saturday.  The doubles just turn into a massive whoops section instead of a rhythm section like they are supposed to be.

Deadwood is in two weeks which is by far my least favorite track.  Always thought it would be fun to drive out for the races but the track just doesn't seem worth it.

• Like 2

So a few things while I wait for my 11:19 dinner after working 15 hours today on 4 hours of sleep (party) and my back is screaming..

Sorry cube - Steve Houle works for Dan B 221 clutching for him exclusively , Jeremy is working with Cottew, Cole, and Frattalone racing. And Dave from speedwerx is clutching/wrenching for both Cole boys (which explains the reason for Taylors talent for finally shine through)

I sealed a total of 5 Skidoo engines this weekend , the Variance between the port specs (18 in transfers, 14 in intake ports, and 13 in exhaust ports and 8 in boost ports) is less in .03 mm in the 5 engines. Thats impressive, and when you look at the machining of it all compared to the other two its truely next level.

The womens class is no joke , these ladies give it hell and its aggressive as all get out.

the 200 sled is unreal , that kid is averaging 80+% on any race , hes 140lbs soaking wet and throws that sled around like its nothing.

The pro class is just getting started, the pro lite class is wild and the sport class is filled will talent.

Some nice blue haired lady just dropped off my dinner so I am going to eat, numb myself out with a beer or few and Ill chime in later after some sleep and I dont feel like warmed up asshole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

So a few things while I wait for my 11:19 dinner after working 15 hours today on 4 hours of sleep (party) and my back is screaming..

Sorry cube - Steve Houle works for Dan B 221 clutching for him exclusively , Jeremy is working with Cottew, Cole, and Frattalone racing. And Dave from speedwerx is clutching/wrenching for both Cole boys (which explains the reason for Taylors talent for finally shine through)

I sealed a total of 5 Skidoo engines this weekend , the Variance between the port specs (18 in transfers, 14 in intake ports, and 13 in exhaust ports and 8 in boost ports) is less in .03 mm in the 5 engines. Thats impressive, and when you look at the machining of it all compared to the other two its truely next level.

The womens class is no joke , these ladies give it hell and its aggressive as all get out.

the 200 sled is unreal , that kid is averaging 80+% on any race , hes 140lbs soaking wet and throws that sled around like its nothing.

The pro class is just getting started, the pro lite class is wild and the sport class is filled will talent.

Some nice blue haired lady just dropped off my dinner so I am going to eat, numb myself out with a beer or few and Ill chime in later after some sleep and I dont feel like warmed up asshole.

It sure is… I am hoping and praying for Dylan Roes to find his grove on his new Cat and pull of some podium placements. Not sure if he had mechanical issues this weekend??? I know he lost his Grandma on Friday night so I don’t know the impact it was having on him?

Looking forward to the 29th... I am enjoying the forum talk at the same time, it’s more interesting watching with others who enjoy it, my wife is not a Snowcross spectator.

peace, Happy Sunday.

A good weekend for Doo and Poo.  Cat needs to get ramped up.  Green seems short on color representation in the pack.  Shit canning it last year hurt...and Team Cat lost some good riders because of it.

Still....another race weekend in the books!  

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

For anyone wondering what happened with the pileup in the final.  Pelletier blew a belt and Kamm lawn darted into him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3823468794387678&id=246489852085608&sfnsn=mo

FB_IMG_1610908785898.jpg

FB_IMG_1610908782417.jpg

FB_IMG_1610908777422.jpg

I am not responding to that shit show on social media - what happend was frank blew a belt , the finish line flagger had his flag up but was in his normal post, and was not directing traffic on the face (like he should have been) which way to go , people jumped on the yellow (you had to commit to the jump early and if you didn't see the flagger it was too late) and that caused the pileup

54 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Apparently Norum was bumped from 3rd to 6th for a "post-race infraction".  No one has said what this was.  So Lincoln got 3rd last night.

Norum jumped on the yellow on the second time by the finish line. They reviewed it post race and penalized him for it. Normally it would be a DQ but there was more to it is my understanding.

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

For anyone wondering what happened with the pileup in the final.  Pelletier blew a belt and Kamm lawn darted into him.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3823468794387678&id=246489852085608&sfnsn=mo

FB_IMG_1610908785898.jpg

FB_IMG_1610908782417.jpg

FB_IMG_1610908777422.jpg

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I am not responding to that shit show on social media - what happend was frank blew a belt , the finish line flagger had his flag up but was in his normal post, and was not directing traffic on the face (like he should have been) which way to go , people jumped on the yellow (you had to commit to the jump early and if you didn't see the flagger it was too late) and that caused the pileup

Norum jumped on the yellow on the second time by the finish line. They reviewed it post race and penalized him for it. Normally it would be a DQ but there was more to it is my understanding.

A Ski Doo blew a belt?

Tell me more... 

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Based on the penalty I thought it may have been jumping on the yellow.

Wouldn't be racing without some controversies!

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

A Ski Doo blew a belt?

Tell me more... 

You should smell the line after they leave... burnt belts like crazy. If I had to guess they had the deflection set incorrect or the ECU was set too high with the hot start and the clutch was hourglassing the belt.

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Based on the penalty I thought it may have been jumping on the yellow.

Wouldn't be racing without some controversies!

Usually its a DQ for jumping on yellow , but I think due to the situation they backed off the penalty.

2 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

What's happened to Aki Pihlaja?

He secured a team spot with Thene motorsports late in the pre season and didn't get his "Essential employee" visa done in time for the first two rounds - he is expected to show up at Deadwood.

• Thanks 1