IP Trail Report w/ pics 1/12/21

Vtsnogirl

4" of new freshies in Island Pond so my neighbor and I headed out to see how the trails held up from the weekend pounding. Went out through the lumber yard. Met a couple of riders I knew from the Burlington area. Ron on his new 850 VR1. We let them pass us. It was boney out to Four Mile Square Rd just past Dave Page Memorial. All the roads in Silvio Conte or snow covered and had a good base Icy in the corners. We stuck mostly to the roads made our way to the power line, back over to the Poker Palace. From there we went up to the lookout on Trail 2000 and headed over to the 111s. Caught the brighton groomer on the backside of Gore Mountain. The back side really needs more snow very icy. Little base so weird. Woods trails really need more snow!

Once at the bottom of Trail 2000 took a left on 111b that had to be the best woods Trail of the day. Ventured down Canal Rd to Stone Dam turned around. Some clickity clack on the skis. The new snow helped so much. It's good to get my sled out of break-in mode. Back home 60 easy miles. Only saw those two guys all day. Snowing again a light dusting. We really need a big dump! This pics are the best pics. I don't take any of the crap because I'm usually pounding through it to not see it again  

DSC02130-01.jpeg

IMG_20210112_123240709_HDR.jpg

DSC02149-01.jpeg

IMG_20210112_115217163_HDR.jpg

DSC02091-01.jpeg

DSC02147-01.jpeg

IMG_20210112_121331478.jpg

IMG_20210112_114258509_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210112_114055223_HDR.jpg

Edited by Vtsnogirl
Was tired and didn't proof read
  • Like 1

• USA Contributing Member
4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

everyone's a fucking comedian , eh?

Going into Island Pond with him there was like going into a town in an old western movie where the sheriff runs the place.  First he'd clock your speed out in the woods where it was posted, then he'd make sure you obeyed the stop sign while crossing the tracks, check the noise level of your sled by the gas station, watch your speed on the ice and if you were driving through town he would make sure you stopped at the stop sign and counted to 3 before you took off.

Would like to know how much the money made in that community increased after Teddy left.