non ethanol mode running 91 with ethanol

LexusLover

our province has mandated that all 91 fuels now contain anywhere up to 10% ethanol.  In the past 91 premium fuel was always non ethanol here in Canada.  I run a performance head so 91 is minimum that i can use and i've always had the resistor on non eth.  Can you safely run 91 eth fuel on the 91 non eth resistor?  i also add octane booster so i'm running around 93.

4 hours ago, LexusLover said:

our province has mandated that all 91 fuels now contain anywhere up to 10% ethanol.  In the past 91 premium fuel was always non ethanol here in Canada.  I run a performance head so 91 is minimum that i can use and i've always had the resistor on non eth.  Can you safely run 91 eth fuel on the 91 non eth resistor?  i also add octane booster so i'm running around 93.

Based on the bold, I'd say yes ... run it in non-ethanol mode.  Worse case scenario, you hit DET and need to change it to ethanol mode.  But Id think the addition of the octane booster would allow you to be just fine.

14 hours ago, LexusLover said:

Please tell me you're not in Ontario.  I'm a very big fan of Shell Gold as it has no ethanol.

21 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Is that actually what the legislation says? 

I know here in NB the refinery is just obligated to have a ratio of all fuel produced.  
There are some stations that still get 91 non eth... shell being one. 

my beloved costco 91 non ethanol is now up to 10% ethanol.  Happened last week she said.  Of all the places that i would have thought would buck the trend it would have been costco.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, 1995xcr600 said:

Please tell me you're not in Ontario.  I'm a very big fan of Shell Gold as it has no ethanol.

Shell in Ontario still no ethanol in premium. I will be hooped if they change, my 300xs needs ethanol free, at least with the sleds you can run ethanol mode.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:02 PM, LexusLover said:

no, Manitoba.  Mandated that all stations must have 91 with ethanol by end of January. 

I was pretty sure the esso in tuelon was still eth free. Ill have to check next time I'm there 

i've run the ethanol 91 in non ethanol mode and so far so good.  FWIW, i think the Coop stations are still non eth.  some sort of deal with the province that they need to be fully compliant by next year