When is ArcticTex going to reveal 2022

1 hour ago, Premium said:

One of the downsides to the laydown motor is needing to route air down through the hood and I agree, the old setup was ridiculously heavy.

judging by the looks of it upside down it doesn't look very bulky.  

what was wrong with this simplicity? 

IMG_20230111_103102937.jpg

IMG_20230111_103144179.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

21 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

judging by the looks of it upside down it doesn't look very bulky.  

what was wrong with this simplicity? 

IMG_20230111_103102937.jpg

IMG_20230111_103144179.jpg

In both that setup and the Firecat it definitely wasn't bulky, you're right. But with the newer intake setups they have the openings up high and facing back in many cases for deep snow use, which therefore requires a long route to the front of the sled.  It'd be nice if the trail sleds had their own unique intake strategy but the OEMs want to share as many parts as possible. 

The downside to the 08-11 sno pro setup specifically is not only snow congestion, but it's also pretty vulnerable.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Premium said:

IThe downside to the 08-11 sno pro setup specifically is not only snow congestion, but it's also pretty vulnerable.

I couldn't use my Sno_pro for trail work early season because I would poke brush and sticks through the frog skin intake on the nose. At least they were easy to fix.... A benefit to that sled's simplicity. From a chassis perspective, that sled just begged to be ridden as hard as the little 500cc's would allow. I loved that chassis.....

IMG_0049.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

I couldn't use my Sno_pro for trail work early season because I would poke brush and sticks through the frog skin intake on the nose. At least they were easy to fix.... A benefit to that sled's simplicity. From a chassis perspective, that sled just begged to be ridden as hard as the little 500cc's would allow. I loved that chassis.....

IMG_0049.jpg

It begged to be ridden hard when it had big power in it too...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Premium said:

In both that setup and the Firecat it definitely wasn't bulky, you're right. But with the newer intake setups they have the openings up high and facing back in many cases for deep snow use, which therefore requires a long route to the front of the sled.  It'd be nice if the trail sleds had their own unique intake strategy but the OEMs want to share as many parts as possible. 

The downside to the 08-11 sno pro setup specifically is not only snow congestion, but it's also pretty vulnerable.

True on both counts.  That frog skin is amazingly tough though.  

I'd prefer simplicity for non powder sleds.  How many, or what percentage... of Cat trail sleds in the Procross had the snow ingestion issue though?  Can't be too many.  

Hope they have it sorted out or the mountain riders will be all over their shit.

• Like 1

I expect Dave McClure to post more info on Instagram - can someone post screenshots, please? 

There’s a Catalyst group on Facebook, and someone is posting details there.  I haven’t figured out who that is yet, so I hesitate using their posts as a guide.  If you’re interested in seeing some cool shots of the new Cat innards, it’s worth joining the group.

Edited by p51mstg

53 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I expect Dave McClure to post more info on Instagram - can someone post screenshots, please? 

There’s a Catalyst group on Facebook, and someone is posting details there.  I haven’t figured out who that is yet, so I hesitate using their posts as a guide.  If you’re interested in seeing some cool shots of the new Cat innards, it’s worth joining the group.

I think the first demo ride for the contest winners is going on right now. Probably one of them 

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I think the first demo ride for the contest winners is going on right now. Probably one of them 

Yes, but I’m not sure what I can say yet.  Until I know, keep an eye on Dave’s Instagram.  Cat has a winner, imo.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 9:47 AM, Palu49 said:

Just going off the videos posted. Are you one of the winners to ride it first?

The RXC shows the new gauge (one that was in them at haydays and Epping) but when they posted the video of it running they didn’t let it slip into the video.

Yes, but I need to find out how much I can say or show before the reveal.  I don’t know who’s posting those videos, but I do know that Dave McClure intends to post updates on Instagram.

Also worth watching is Riley Kincaid’s career, omg is that kid good.

Once I know what I can say, I’ll post it in the nonfiction section.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Yes, but I need to find out how much I can say or show before the reveal.  I don’t know who’s posting those videos, but I do know that Dave McClure intends to post updates on Instagram.

Also worth watching is Riley Kincaid’s career, omg is that kid good.

Once I know what I can say, I’ll post it in the nonfiction section.

That’s awesome, looking forward to hearing what you think of it. Hopefully they let you guys put some real world reviews out there.

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

one would assume they're aware of it...

That goes without saying.

They want us talking about our experience, I just don’t know what the limits are.

I like the sled, hope you guys get a chance to demo it.  Kinda bummed we don’t get to take one home with us.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

They want us talking about our experience, I just don’t know what the limits are.

I like the sled, hope you guys get a chance to demo it.  Kinda bummed we don’t get to take one home with us.

lucky you

look forward to throwing a leg over one 

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Dumbstad isn't going to like the oil fill.  Right above the clutches.  ROFL.

Good to see Cat move into the modern era!

Oil fill is on the exhaust side, coolant on the clutch side.

51 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Can't wait to hear your thoughts you lucky bastard!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I liked the part about heated goggle storage with cell phone charger.  Was waiting for the part where he says - cigarette lighter, standard.....

Why cat would put a cigarette style power port on a sled is beyond me. This isn’t 1995 anymore and I don’t know anything that uses that type of plug anymore 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Why cat would put a cigarette style power port on a sled is beyond me. This isn’t 1995 anymore and I don’t know anything that uses that type of plug anymore 

Wait what do they use?