When is ArcticTex going to reveal 2022

even while being their 60th anniversary under their parent corporate blanket and with leadership walking away from the company, I anticipate some really-really special BNG's, maybe a hood emblem and not much else.  possibly a revised front arm in the skid from the SX sleds, but highly doubt we'll see the skid from the patent yet.  for 2021 they have a handful of 400's, one consumer 600 (?), a bunch of 800's and no competition matching big bore 2S twin.  what I anticipate for 2022 in the AC snowmobile realm is further bloodletting by their profit maximizing corporate overlord and nothing to get anyone else excited.

look forward to eating my own words, but I'm not heading to the silverware drawer to fetch a knife and fork yet.  prove me wrong Catextron, please!  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

even while being their 60th anniversary under their parent corporate blanket and with leadership walking away from the company, I anticipate some really-really special BNG's, maybe a hood emblem and not much else.  possibly a revised front arm in the skid from the SX sleds, but highly doubt we'll see the skid from the patent yet.  for 2021 they have a handful of 400's, one consumer 600 (?), a bunch of 800's and no competition matching big bore 2S twin.  what I anticipate for 2022 in the AC snowmobile realm is further bloodletting by their profit maximizing corporate overlord and nothing to get anyone else excited.

look forward to eating my own words, but I'm not heading to the silverware drawer to fetch a knife and fork yet.  prove me wrong Catextron, please!  

You’re so dramatic....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can see how we can come to those assumptions and predictions... I won’t leave you alone while you eat your words at the table, I’ll sit and watch. LOL

So I guess you haven’t heard anything on timing???

Thanks for coming out.

11 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

With winter 2020-2021 being non existent in a lot of areas, I kinda predict a tough spring break, for all the manufacturers.

I agree.. not sure how this COVID crap is having an impact on strategic planning and roll outs?

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You’re so dramatic....

I’m starting to notice that too?

maybe he is still wound up from the races?

🧤

From what I’ve heard, from 2 of what I would consider “reputable sources“, the Polaris guys are probably gonna be back pedaling on what “all new chassis” and “game changer” means. Front end is staying the same as it should and guys looking for a new motor aren’t gonna be too excited. Snowmageddon will be different and we should know more relatively soon.

• Thanks 1

My buddy called in to a highly respected and reputable cat dealer looking for a specific sled.  Talked with the owner of dealer.  Owner said cat is close to being bought by a different company.  I'm guessing if this is hanging over head, nothing too new for 2022.

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

My buddy called in to a highly respected and reputable cat dealer looking for a specific sled.  Talked with the owner of dealer.  Owner said cat is close to being bought by a different company.  I'm guessing if this is hanging over head, nothing too new for 2022.

Hopefully it is Yamaha that buys them out.

59 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Interesting it's Textron all over again.  Hopefully it will be a success story like the last snowmobile manufacturer they sold.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Hopefully it is Yamaha that buys them out.

You never know but I wouldn't think so.  Yamaha was making sleds themselves not long ago and gave up on it.  I'm sure they know it's a dying industry.

• 2 weeks later...

They need something big.  Saw over 300 sleds today and 4 were ProCross. One of the 4 was broken down on the side of the trail as well.  Some asshat on an Apex wiped out a 60 yr old as well whom we had to then drag out.  Good to have snow again!

Yup!

people are riding and I’m under house arrest.:barbeque:

Sucks being Green with envy.:bounce:

how many mile you run this weekend?

anything on 2022??? I am so ready to spend a tone of money to sit in the garage and wax all winter… yippee!:russian_roulette:

I haven't even heard any buzz from cat like sometimes they put out teasers like the riot or I think it was 2012 where they did a whole entire video series with that guy trying to see the new cat.  What was his name?  Wade?  Or something.  That was entertaining.  No hype this year so probably not much new, for a change.  Even the innovation leader has to take a break not every year can be a banger