USXC/COR Cross Country

6 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I remember back in uscc days when davidson was running everybody down with his rx1. Pretty hard for an f6 to stay with him on the rivers and lakes 

I wasn't around for the RX1 days, but I remember someone on a Yami getting hurt pretty bad out on the res. during either the 250 or the 500 one year.

The Nytros were really fast too, just never knew which way they were going.  Some of the guys were terrified of them.

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I never did the 500 but i remember hearing about the crash, just can't remember who. Might have been wadena when he was on a nytro?

It was't Re, it is someone who doesn't race anymore, but that covers pretty much most of the group that ran any form of 4 stroke Yamaha.

46 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The 2 strokes can't keep on up fast course lake races, but did have sled issues on day 1.

Was just looking at the write up on the 05 I 500. Mike Gentz on a Yamaha was radared at 126 on the river. Pretty damn fast for full ride height terrain setup 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Yeah they were capable of good speed back then. Said he crashed out of the race in the bog on day 2.  Might be the guy you were thinking of

I'm thinking that is who is probably is.  I've heard about it a few times from friends.

43 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Was just looking at the write up on the 05 I 500. Mike Gentz on a Yamaha was radared at 126 on the river. Pretty damn fast for full ride height terrain setup 

oh my...

31 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That is faster then the mod sleds do on plowed ice.

on a long straight away...

23 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm thinking that is who is probably is.  I've heard about it a few times from friends.

where's 2LapsDown these days?

12 hours ago, fortune46x said:

lol I dont think ill be getting another 7000 unless they find a way to get the engine lower in the chassis so it doesnt roll over itself.

you know any machinists capable of handling that task?  :lol2:  c'mon man, buy the sled of Jesus!

so, a fat lazy 2012 four stroke Cat walked into a bar... https://www.ridex365.com/?p=9823&fbclid=IwAR2HizBSNDRDIedU6meARolir0Ihla9YEaH0DROwF-bb73_KrwhEIyuQrzM