So apple is trying to force Parler to censor people or be removed from the App Store WTF

2 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Where have you been? At some point it may be the only source of "current" information along with the boob tube. How many younger people sit down and read a newspaper, at least the ones that still exist. At some point print will become a thing of the past. Maybe not in our lifetime, but its coming.

so what's your answer. more government regulation? 

Just now, frenchy said:

that is simply flat out false given how many on the right have latched on to baseless and outright laughable vote stealing conspiracy theories. 

Trumps tweets....

26 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Where have you been? At some point it may be the only source of "current" information along with the boob tube. How many younger people sit down and read a newspaper, at least the ones that still exist. At some point print will become a thing of the past. Maybe not in our lifetime, but its coming.

Oh please. There’s more information available now than at any other time in human history. During the days of 3 TV stations and a local newspaper, information was highly compressed. Americans were all fed the American dream bullshit 24/7. There was us, and then the rest of the world. Good vs bad. Even the Chinese hasn’t been able to control what people see, read, and hear. If a person can’t find something on the internet, well they’re just not that smart. If there’s any single problem that the internet has created its too much information, along with a lot of bullshit information. Enter QAnon. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Nothing of the sort. Just a reaction to your comment on how stupid people are for using it as their sole source of information. Personally I become more and more uneasy over the amount of power and control these corporations wield over people in general. I've always believed that businesses can do as they please as well as reap the repercussions. In this case there will never be any push back that will make any difference because of the size and scope of these corporations.

Oddly enough... there are actual lefties and liberals out there using their heads for the first time saying.....

"What if they come after us next?"

Doesn't surprise me one bit the air heads here are hoping they are the ones to get eaten last. :lol:

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Oh please. There’s more information available now than at any other time in human history. During the days of 3 TV stations and a local newspaper, information was highly compressed. Americans were all fed the American dream bullshit 24/7. There was us, and then the rest of the world. Good vs bad. Even the Chinese hasn’t been able to control what people see, read, and hear. If a person can’t find something on the internet, well they’re just not that smart. If there’s any single problem that the internet has created, its too much information, along with a lot of bullshit information. 

I don't have a problem with information. Wasn't my point. My point was leave it all out there and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Twitter is commonly used by the antifa losers to incite unrest and violence. This sort of thing is what's been cited for the action against Parler. Pretty sure Twitter app is still available on Apple and Google app stores and was all summer... 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No. This is really a bad sign of things to come. 

Without question.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

private industry has always held the means to control information flow. The only bad part about this is how many stupid people rely on these sources as their sole source of 'information' now. 

So whats your answer?

54 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I don't have a problem with information. Wasn't my point. My point was leave it all out there and let the chips fall where they may.

Agreed, but remove the Sect. 230 protections and let them operate that way.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Twitter is commonly used by the antifa losers to incite unrest and violence. This sort of thing is what's been cited for the action against Parler. Pretty sure Twitter app is still available on Apple and Google app stores and was all summer... 

Yes, and thats disgusting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I want to know if they removed those that promoted the Iraq war? 

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Please stop asking common sense questions about this. 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

In this case it is more of a removal of a custom made government Loophole than a new regulation.  Seems to me if they want to provide news content than they should play under the same rules as everyone else. 

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

If one were a conspiracy type, one would think they are trying to control the information one can have access to.

Where have I seen that before?

ummmmm...........ummmmm.............    *raises hand*

3 hours ago, frenchy said:

WAAAAHHHH! I don't like private industry doing things I don't like. WAAAHHHH!!! someone from our government must step in and stop them! WAAAAHHHHH!!!

So you agree . Got it good to know know . Shocked not at all fully expected .

I my self quit googel yrs ago  shit caned Twitter yrs ago got real sick of the bird never shutting the fuck up  . I have like 5 Facebook friends now only to do snomobile club business.  

I got out of that bullshit high-school reunion years ago . Fucking facebook  lurkers paradise .

Funny they want all there rights dont want to be heald accountable for content but then the other hand is a full time editor . Fuck that can't have it both ways . If they want to play that game guess they do need to be heald accountable for there content 

4 hours ago, frenchy said:

WAAAAHHHH! I don't like private industry doing things I don't like. WAAAHHHH!!! someone from our government must step in and stop them! WAAAAHHHHH!!!

That is exactly how dll your posts read, even with different letters.

4 hours ago, frenchy said:

that is simply flat out false given how many on the right have latched on to baseless and outright laughable vote stealing conspiracy theories. 

They’ve dug so many rabbit holes that it looks like a bad, drunken gang bang. The origin of every new conspiracy can be traced right back to a trump tweet. These have been the most mindless and easily mislead people I’ve ever witnessed. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

They’ve dug so many rabbit holes that it looks like a bad, drunken gang bang. The origin of every new conspiracy can be traced right back to a trump tweet. These have been the most mindless and easily mislead people I’ve ever witnessed. 

FSCE is a microcosm of Trumpism.