Dakar Rally

I recall the year Johnny Campbell entered Dakar. He’d won numerous times at Baja. He said nothing could prepare a person for that Dakar race. Johnny was probably the best desert rider ever. He placed 8th, but 1st for a privateer that year. I think it was his only try at Dakar. Tough race. I’m thinking it’s even worse now with terrorism and shit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I recall the year Johnny Campbell entered Dakar. He’d won numerous times at Baja. He said nothing could prepare a person for that Dakar race. Johnny was probably the best desert rider ever. He placed 8th, but 1st for a privateer that year. I think it was his only try at Dakar. Tough race. I’m thinking it’s even worse now with terrorism and shit

People have set booby traps for the racers for years in the Dakar...terrorism had nothing to do with it....its also prevalent at Baja...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

People have set booby traps for the racers for years in the Dakar...terrorism had nothing to do with it....its also prevalent at Baja...

Baja has always had the problem with bandits and booby traps. Nothing new about that. The Dakar was cancelled in 2008 because of terrorist threats. It’s route/location is now picked carefully to avoid terrorist situations. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Baja has always had the problem with bandits and booby traps. Nothing new about that. The Dakar was cancelled in 2008 because of terrorist threats. It’s route/location is now picked carefully to avoid terrorist situations. 

You missed the point I was making...nevermind.

• Platinum Contributing Member

The race has definitely had it fill of crazy shit go on over the years..Plus it's the start of racing season as far as I'm concerned..SX starting next week I think..24hours of Daytona is coming up..That is going to be one awesome race with the new mfgs and drivers venturing in..Hoping for an epic season of motorsports!!

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The race has definitely had it fill of crazy shit go on over the years..Plus it's the start of racing season as far as I'm concerned..SX starting next week I think..24hours of Daytona is coming up..That is going to be one awesome race with the new mfgs and drivers venturing in..Hoping for an epic season of motorsports!!

The Bills are in the playoffs!

Everything else doesn't matter!

:)

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Dave said:

The Bills are in the playoffs!

Everything else doesn't matter!

:)

Going to wrench on my sled tomorrow in the AM then home to watch the game..They are playing so good. 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Going to wrench on my sled tomorrow in the AM then home to watch the game..They are playing so good. 

Very good QB....I havent been this excited since the Kelly days.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1