Snocross: 2021 Round 01/02 Elk River Snocross National

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Lincolns panel came off due to one of the darts on the chassis snapping off when contact was made off the start. it was coming loose for a few laps then it finally let go with a lap and a half.

The polaris sled is no slouch for what it is (same 600 motor they've used since they started now just with FI in it.

Erx was allowed 100 spectators , they had the spectator area blocked off for 10 people in each box. Iowa this weekend is WFO so expect to see a packed house.

Good to hear, brother!  :bc:

21 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Add apple Google and Amazon to your list

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I've always found the end of Jan to be a good time to start snatching up sleds on a bad snow year.  Some people just throw in the towel and eat it to avoid storing it all year.

like @Bontz in the first week of January?

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Lincolns panel came off due to one of the darts on the chassis snapping off when contact was made off the start. it was coming loose for a few laps then it finally let go with a lap and a half.

The polaris sled is no slouch for what it is (same 600 motor they've used since they started now just with FI in it.

Erx was allowed 100 spectators , they had the spectator area blocked off for 10 people in each box. Iowa this weekend is WFO so expect to see a packed house.

I saw the panel missing during brief glimpses during 1 or possibly 2 laps, it took awhile for the black flag?

Poo looks strong at moments, but maybe they don't have the talent Doo does atm.

Does that mean people will be bringing their prize 'emotional support' hogs to the event with them?

More importantly, why was there no 'tech talk with Alex' between rounds?  Major letdown... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Funny guy ... everyone's a comedian (or in your case comedienne!! LOL)   I admit I probably pussed out by selling, but I came out ahead so I ain't out anything ... and I ain't riding anytime soon even if the snow starts to add up.  Oh well - it is what it is, and I can look forward to the banter on FS!! 😂

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Funny guy ... everyone's a comedian (or in your case comedienne!! LOL)   I admit I probably pussed out by selling, but I came out ahead so I ain't out anything ... and I ain't riding anytime soon even if the snow starts to add up.  Oh well - it is what it is, and I can look forward to the banter on FS!! 😂

you're welcome to come ride one of mine, if 85hp isn't too much for a cripple.

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm your huckleberry!  I'd have a ball on that thang!  I wonder how many 850 hypersleds I'd be able to pass on the inside corners with their riders all loaded up with the finest Klim gear.  Hey...can I wear my pit coat and crocs too?

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I rode my buddy's wife's sled (600) a couple years ago, and that thing was an absolute blast.  I'm sure your sled would be every bit as fun!!

On 1/10/2021 at 7:12 AM, Zambroski said:

Team green dominated the podium I think with around 40% of podium spots.

You must be uber high.  If you take out the kids classes, Cat was dead last.  6 podium spots compared to 7 for Poo and 17 for Doo.  

13 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I'm your huckleberry!  I'd have a ball on that thang!  I wonder how many 850 hypersleds I'd be able to pass on the inside corners with their riders all loaded up with the finest Klim gear.  Hey...can I wear my pit coat and crocs too?

no pit coat

no crocs

are you even allowed north of the mason-dixon right now?

12 hours ago, Bontz said:

I rode my buddy's wife's sled (600) a couple years ago, and that thing was an absolute blast.  I'm sure your sled would be every bit as fun!!

a little less fun, but still fun in the twisties

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Is there a replay?

nope

cliff notes:  ERX track, bigger jumps than usual, sugar snow, Doo again has some really good riders.  Polaris new FI seems strong out of the hole/low end but I don't think they have the chassis that Doo has, but they're more competitive than last year.  Cat had moments of brilliance and their hole shots were on par with Doo, riders claimed to like the skid changes, Yurk is looking good, Logan was in the mix but they don't have the talent pool that Doo does right now.  So, not much.  

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

I can’t find anything???

Maybe Corner knows a few tricks?

Meet up here Friday 3:30pm

Theisen’s Snowcross Nationals 

nope, but wish they would at least make the finals for the top classes available to people to watch after the races that have other shit going on.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no pit coat

no crocs

are you even allowed north of the mason-dixon right now?

a little less fun, but still fun in the twisties

nope

cliff notes:  ERX track, bigger jumps than usual, sugar snow, Doo again has some really good riders.  Polaris new FI seems strong out of the hole/low end but I don't think they have the chassis that Doo has, but they're more competitive than last year.  Cat had moments of brilliance and their hole shots were on par with Doo, riders claimed to like the skid changes, Yurk is looking good, Logan was in the mix but they don't have the talent pool that Doo does right now.  So, not much.  

nope, but wish they would at least make the finals for the top classes available to people to watch after the races that have other shit going on.

I just wanted to see the track layout.  Maybe there's a clip on youchoob.

On 1/11/2021 at 6:45 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I saw the panel missing during brief glimpses during 1 or possibly 2 laps, it took awhile for the black flag?

Poo looks strong at moments, but maybe they don't have the talent Doo does atm.

Does that mean people will be bringing their prize 'emotional support' hogs to the event with them?

More importantly, why was there no 'tech talk with Alex' between rounds?  Major letdown... 

the side panel hadn't came off until a lap and a half to go , at that time the race director called it , then he was black flagged, total heartbreak but its a huge safety thing.

19 hours ago, mnstang said:

Is there a replay?

yes here - https://snocross.com/on-demand/

12 hours ago, mnstang said:

I just wanted to see the track layout.  Maybe there's a clip on youchoob.

Theres some great drone footage on facebook that shows the layout.

12 hours ago, mnstang said:

Found something 

I see the announcers still call them 'drivers' smh

the biggest complaint I saw online was the announcing, it blows my mind that after years and years of being here they still fuck up the shovel kids name,.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

the side panel hadn't came off until a lap and a half to go , at that time the race director called it , then he was black flagged, total heartbreak but its a huge safety thing.

Theres some great drone footage on facebook that shows the layout.

the biggest complaint I saw online was the announcing, it blows my mind that after years and years of being here they still fuck up the shovel kids name,.

Announcers leave alot to be desired.  And that can really change a viewing experience.

The drone footage during the race was cool I thought.

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Announcers leave alot to be desired.  And that can really change a viewing experience.

The drone footage during the race was cool I thought.

I never thought I'd say it because he got on my nerves but, I miss Chris Hawkey.  In spite of his shrill screams, he did a good job.

Yes, drone footage gets a big thumbs up.  I liked the track layout also.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

then I saw it flapping, regardless it's the right call with Doo belts

on demand?  now THAT is a welcome change!!!  

(edit: no final rounds? - not complaining)

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I never thought I'd say it because he got on my nerves but, I miss Chris Hawkey.  In spite of his shrill screams, he did a good job.

Yes, drone footage gets a big thumbs up.  I liked the track layout also.

and Iceman?

drone footy was awesome - hello - COR/USXC are you listening???

Edited by Crnr2Crnr